The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Martial wins penalty, Bruno scores get in

When are teams going to learn not to foul United players in the box?!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

20 minutes to going need another goal, still in top 50K its going to be close. Watford scored again Welbeck

20 minutes to going need another goal, still in top 50K its going to be close. Watford scored again Welbeck

Watford to win this now, I can just feel it.

50K will be a great finish! I'm too far off a top 100k finish now, I think.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Sterling goal though maybe bad as I expect a lot captained him, Livefpl keeps crashing so not sure where I am at, the stress builds lol Leicester getting close...
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 17,241

Sterling goal though maybe bad as I expect a lot captained him, Livefpl keeps crashing so not sure where I am at, the stress builds lol Leicester getting close...

Bench Boost went horribly wrong for me. I don't know what the average is as I haven't checked, but I will probably be a bit behind.

Bench Boost went horribly wrong for me. I don't know what the average is as I haven't checked, but I will probably be a bit behind.

Selling KDB huge mistake for me.

Jonny Evans sent off
    edited July 2020 Posts: 23,105
    v0ChmVy.png
    Why why why why why why did I sell KDB... ~X(

Edited: Get in Ings just got awarded 2 extra bonus points woooohoooo! Top 50K finish omg thought I had blown it!
    giphy.gif
    KT6Dn4j.png
    You just made it inside the top 50k, then! Which also makes you our league winner! Congratulations! =D>

giphy.gif

I'll make a proper league winner update tomorrow, along with the league standings and gameweek winner update. Might take a while for FPL to update the game!
    You just made it inside the top 50k, then! Which also makes you our league winner! Congratulations! =D>

giphy.gif

I'll make a proper league winner update tomorrow, along with the league standings and gameweek winner update. Might take a while for FPL to update the game!

Cheers for a few minutes I was genuinely devastated lol So happy I made top 50K it's something to build from, I made a lot of mistakes since restart which I hope to learn from, in fact since restart I was making the errors I made last season.

Congrats to everyone it's been a fun season, in a month FPL will be up and running again prior to new season.

giphy.gif

Cheers for a few minutes I was genuinely devastated lol So happy I made top 50K it's something to build from, I made a lot of mistakes since restart which I hope to learn from, in fact since restart I was making the errors I made last season.

Congrats to everyone it's been a fun season, in a month FPL will be up and running again prior to new season.

I know the feeling, haha! It's strange what this game can do to us. I've just not been able to pick the right players after the restart; not playing the Bench Boost earlier was also something that really had a negative impact on my rank. I don't know what I've learned from this season really, other than to not second guess my initial transfer plans. So many times this season have I planned transfers, only to go through with other moves instead.

It's been a really fun season, and an unusual one too (for obvious reasons)! I hope they don't take to long to take the game down and up again. I'd hate it if we got less time to tinker with our gameweek 1 teams.

giphy.gif

I know the feeling, haha! It's strange what this game can do to us. I've just not been able to pick the right players after the restart; not playing the Bench Boost earlier was also something that really had a negative impact on my rank. I don't know what I've learned from this season really, other than to not second guess my initial transfer plans. So many times this season have I planned transfers, only to go through with other moves instead.

It's been a really fun season, and an unusual one too (for obvious reasons)! I hope they don't take to long to take the game down and up again. I'd hate it if we got less time to tinker with our gameweek 1 teams.

I learned that when playing safe and not taking hits and trusting my gut I did well, soon as I started making risky moves and taking hits it all fell apart lol
    :-S Just occurred to me I don't think people with bench boosts points have been accounted for yet, I may not finish in top 50K
    giphy.gif
    Edited: it appears they have my final score is 49,419 which is actually better :))

giphy.gif

I learned that when playing safe and not taking hits and trusting my gut I did well, soon as I started making risky moves and taking hits it all fell apart lol

It's definitely a balance; you want to play safe as much as possible, trusting your gut feeling along the way. At some point though, if you're chasing, you find yourself in a situation where you have to take risks – maybe captaining someone against your gut feeling, taking punts on players and just hope for the best. That's definitely the way I had to approach these final gameweeks!
    :-S Just occurred to me I don't think people with bench boosts points have been accounted for yet, I may not finish in top 50K
    giphy.gif
    Edited: it appears they have my final score is 49,419 which is actually better :))

Yes, the LiveFPL calculations should take into account chips played. It's not always you see ranks before auto subs, but it shouldn't take long after a gameweek until you do.
    That's it then! The 2019-20 season is over! It's been quite the season for obvious reasons, but we got there in the end. I hope we've all had great fun playing Fantasy football, and that you will be ready for another season of transfers, hits, chips and captaincies when the Premier League season starts up again in September!

That leaves us with our final gameweek winner update, and our overall league winner! First, our gameweek 38+ winner was AFC Fritzson, finishing strong with 88 points. Congratulations! =D>

1ApUmBS.jpg

And our overall 2019-20 winner is Team Extreme, finishing the season with 2300 points in total, and an overall rank of 49 419! Impressive! =D>

CUmw8FU.jpg

giphy.gif

Here is our complete list of gameweek winners, and out final league table rankings:
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 2: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 3: Benny’s Blues
    GW 4: Benny’s Blues
    GW 5: Anotherwastedcorner
    GW 6: Anfield FC
    GW 7: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 8: 11 FishFingers
    GW 9: LVLA Skopje 05 / EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 10: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: Team Extreme
    GW 13: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 14: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 15: MysticWarlordsOfKa’a
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: Anfield FC
    GW 18: Overload
    GW 19: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 20: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 21: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 22: Team Extreme
    GW 23: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 24: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 25: Anfield FC / Team Extreme
    GW 26: Manchester United
    GW 27: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 28: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 29: Overload
    GW 30+: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 31+: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 32+: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 33+: Team Extreme
    GW 34+: MEJICO POWA
    GW 35+: George'sRetroRockets
    GW 36+: MEJICO POWA
    GW 37+: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 38+: AFC Fritzson
    League table standings:

1. Team Extreme: GW 62 – TOT 2300
    2. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 63 – TOT 2244
    3. 11 FishFingers: GW 79 – TOT 2234
    4. LVLA Skopje 05 – GW 60 – TOT 2171
    5. Anfield FC: GW 60 – TOT 2080
    6. AFC Fritzon: GW 88 – TOT 2070
    7. Anotherwastedcorner: GW 51 – TOT 2049
    8. EMRE CAN Fan: GW 51 – TOT 2040
    9. MEICO POWA: GW 77 – TOT 2026
    10. MysticWarordsOfKa’a: GW 64 – TOT 2016
    11. bobby’sfashionsense: GW 72 – TOT 2010
    12. Overload: GW 68 – TOT 2002
    13. DICKLESS TOWN: GW 72 – TOT 1983
    14. bliblikadek: GW 33 – TOT 1941
    15. Fiitwick Flyers: GW 80 – TOT 1910
    16. George’sRetroRockets: GW 61 – TOT 1843
    17. Benny’sBlues: GW 35 – TOT 1840
    18. GoldyTheRef: GW 41 – TOT 1774
    19. Manchester United: GW 57 – TOT 1548

Thank you for playing everyone!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Congratulations to Team Extreme!

I am glad I managed a mad dash in the final few gameweeks to finish in the top 10.
    Congratulations to AFC Fritzson for winning this GW.

---

Thank you to @Torgeirtrap and @DaltonCraig007 and everyone who competed, looking forward to the next season.
    giphy.gif
    @Torgeirtrap on my winners banner, who is the player forefront, it looks like George Best?
    Continuing with a separate post:
    Now that the season is over, the game will eventually be taken down, before relaunching in time for the next season. Given the short time before the end of this season and the next, I expect the game will be up and running in maybe 3-4 weeks. I'll post any major updates here on the thread – as well as giving a heads up at the Back of the net tread when the game is available again.

When the game is available, I will also renew our league, so if everything works fine, you should automatically be part of the league once you register your teams for the next season. That will require using the same email address you use for your current teams. Anyway, I'll post any league details when that time comes.
    ________

Also, if you have any feedback and suggestions for this thread, that will be great! I hope to post updates after each gameweek, with league table standings and gameweek winners. I also think it might be an idea to include a monthly winner as well, if the function of checking gameweek scores for each month is possible when the game relaunches.

I am glad I managed a mad dash in the final few gameweeks to finish in the top 10.

Well played, @DaltonCraig007! Hope you will be playing next season as well! :-)

---

Thank you to @Torgeirtrap and @DaltonCraig007 and everyone who competed, looking forward to the next season.
    giphy.gif

Congratulations again on a season well played! I'm already looking forward to the next FPL season too :-D

giphy.gif
    @Torgeirtrap on my winners banner, who is the player forefront, it looks like George Best?

It is! When making the template for those banners last year, I found a bunch of old 70's football photos, and used three of them. This one is George Best celebrating, but I don't know who he celebrated scoring against though.

---

giphy.gif

Congratulations again on a season well played! I'm already looking forward to the next FPL season too :-D

giphy.gif

It is! When making the template for those banners last year, I found a bunch of old 70's football photos, and used three of them. This one is George Best celebrating, but I don't know who he celebrated scoring against though.

Nice touch more so me being a United Fan lol I saved the banner lol

---

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Please do! I'll have all the banners saved anyway, but having an own copy doesn't hurt, haha!

---

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Please do! I'll have all the banners saved anyway, but having an own copy doesn't hurt, haha!

Interesting read I already know most of my team for next season already, there is undoubtedly an obvious template already. I wonder how early we will get the actual fixtures... not checked when writing this.

---

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Interesting read I already know most of my team for next season already, there is undoubtedly an obvious template already. I wonder how early we will get the actual fixtures... not checked when writing this.

Haven't got that far yet, but there are a few players I'm likely to target for my gameweek 1 team, price depending.

---

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Haven't got that far yet, but there are a few players I'm likely to target for my gameweek 1 team, price depending.

The price rises and drops will be interesting, Greenwood I expect a considerable jump perhaps also Nketiah. Surely the likes of Mané and Salah can't go any higher, I expect KDB to increase slightly and Aguero to drop.

---

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The price rises and drops will be interesting, Greenwood I expect a considerable jump perhaps also Nketiah. Surely the likes of Mané and Salah can't go any higher, I expect KDB to increase slightly and Aguero to drop.

Very much so! What price do you expect Greenwood will be? 6.0?

I expect Salah will keep his price (he's expensive enough already!), and Mané might match that price, or be 0.5 less. De Bruyne will probably go up in price (1.0 more, maybe?), and Agüero might drop a bit, I'd think. As for Nketiah, I expect a small price rise up to 5.0; we don't know yet how his role will be in the team.

---

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I expect Salah will keep his price (he's expensive enough already!), and Mané might match that price, or be 0.5 less. De Bruyne will probably go up in price (1.0 more, maybe?), and Agüero might drop a bit, I'd think. As for Nketiah, I expect a small price rise up to 5.0; we don't know yet how his role will be in the team.

Greenwood probably around that price bracket, how Ings was though I expect Ings to have a price rise next season. Lord Lundstram will probably have no ownership as he will rise and be classed as a midfield lol

---

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Greenwood probably around that price bracket, how Ings was though I expect Ings to have a price rise next season. Lord Lundstram will probably have no ownership as he will rise and be classed as a midfield lol

Could we see Ings as expensive as 8.0-9.0, perhaps? In the Norwegian Eliteserien Fantasy they are certainly not afraid of pushing the prices up to make the game more challenging.

Hah, no! I expect many will stay clear of Lundstram next season. He has sometimes been a sub for Berge as well, so we can't even be 100% sure how much he will play.

---

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Could we see Ings as expensive as 8.0-9.0, perhaps? In the Norwegian Eliteserien Fantasy they are certainly not afraid of pushing the prices up to make the game more challenging.

Hah, no! I expect many will stay clear of Lundstram next season. He has sometimes been a sub for Berge as well, so we can't even be 100% sure how much he will play.

It is a balancing act with price changes, admittedly this was only my second season. FPL surely must ensure that managers can still field a good number of premium assets. City and United assets will be problematic early on due to potentially both getting to European finals, most will want Manchester assets though potentially missing the first two GW's would mean alot of adjustments early on, even hitting a early Wildcard perhaps.

---

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

It is a balancing act with price changes, admittedly this was only my second season. FPL surely must ensure that managers can still field a good number of premium assets. City and United assets will be problematic early on due to potentially both getting to European finals, most will want Manchester assets though potentially missing the first two GW's would mean alot of adjustments early on, even hitting a early Wildcard perhaps.

I think FPL will make it difficult for us, but not more so that you are able to still have two premium assets in the gameweek 1 squad. As always, you need to balance that with cheaper players.

Yes, I imagine there will be many early wildcards. The good thing about that though, is that you don't have to worry about picking any of those players for your gameweek 1 team, and can adjust after the finals are played. If the structure is right, you can maybe even sort out a decent post-finals team with free transfers (though that might be difficult with the team value at the start of the season).
  • edited August 2020 Posts: 17,241
    I'm able to log in, but at some point today the FPL site showed this message: