No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• MSL49MSL49 Finland
    It's good to see Wright back as Felix.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Denbigh wrote: »
    @matt_u, hadn't thought of that regarding Felix. That would be a nice touch. We're not sure, no....we're just going by a very quick couple of frames from a TV spot.
    +1 @CraigMooreOHMSS . I'm also wondering about...
    Paloma's fate. At first I thought they wouldn't kill her, but I don't actually know. I know that "leaked plot" said that she did.
    It would be nice if she survived, even if she didn't feature in the film again. Though, I think she likely will be a sacrificial lamb, unfortunately.
    Definitely. I mean I personally would've probably paid to have her be a villain instead of Ash as much as I'm looking forward to Magnussen's performance as this character, whatever happens. But if they're gonna do the sacrificial lamb thing, it really depends on how they do it. I also think it'll be a cop out if they kill her and not Felix, but then maybe if both of them die, it'll add more stakes and weight to the narrative.

Regarding Paloma:
    Ana has stated that she wIll not die in NTTD. Can't find the interview, but I distinctly remember it. If someone can find the interview or the artcle, that would be wonderful.

We know, from one trailer that Felix does get injured.

unknown.png

He has a sizeable wound on his chest/abdomen, and the explosion likely won't do him any favors. I'm theorizing that Felix either gets dusted or injured in such a way he can no longer do any field work, such as losing a limb. Felix could be another one of Bond's 'family that are in great danger'.

And the footage right after that boat explosion (then sinking maybe) would be Bond in the water almost drowning?

XlKsQCO.jpg

Stunt crew stills: some new, some old

aiTBwxT.jpg
    4Rn629x.jpg
    Tl67gmV.jpg
    xA2GD08.jpg
    UXDg0Bb.jpg
    mreoXUH.jpg
    1QeHZW9.jpg
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Contraband wrote: »
    @matt_u, hadn't thought of that regarding Felix. That would be a nice touch. We're not sure, no....we're just going by a very quick couple of frames from a TV spot.
    Paloma's fate. At first I thought they wouldn't kill her, but I don't actually know. I know that "leaked plot" said that she did.
    It would be nice if she survived, even if she didn't feature in the film again. Though, I think she likely will be a sacrificial lamb, unfortunately.
    Definitely. I mean I personally would've probably paid to have her be a villain instead of Ash as much as I'm looking forward to Magnussen's performance as this character, whatever happens. But if they're gonna do the sacrificial lamb thing, it really depends on how they do it. I also think it'll be a cop out if they kill her and not Felix, but then maybe if both of them die, it'll add more stakes and weight to the narrative.

Regarding Paloma:
    Ana has stated that she wIll not die in NTTD. Can't find the interview, but I distinctly remember it. If someone can find the interview or the artcle, that would be wonderful.

unknown.png

He has a sizeable wound on his chest/abdomen, and the explosion likely won't do him any favors. I'm theorizing that Felix either gets dusted or injured in such a way he can no longer do any field work, such as losing a limb. Felix could be another one of Bond's 'family that are in great danger'.

And the footage right after that boat explosion (then sinking maybe) would be Bond in the water almost drowning?

XlKsQCO.jpg

I just had a horrible thought....
    What if Bond is watching Leiter drown, there? Similar to how he had to watch Vesper drown?

Regarding Paloma:

unknown.png

XlKsQCO.jpg

What if Bond is watching Leiter drown, there? Similar to how he had to watch Vesper drown?

And maybe struggling to reach him but too late...

Ugh, I'd hate it if they did that…
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited July 2020 Posts: 4,343

Regarding Paloma:

unknown.png

XlKsQCO.jpg

Well given the look on his face it could be possible!

Imagine if sharks are involved.
    matt_u wrote: »

Regarding Paloma:

unknown.png

XlKsQCO.jpg

Jaws? :D

Regarding Paloma:

unknown.png

XlKsQCO.jpg

With…laser beams? :-D

giphy.gif
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    FoxRox wrote: »
    My only question left is if the record for longest Bond film gap will now end up getting broken.

The LTK-GE gap was 6 years, 5 months (Jun 1989 -> Nov 1995).

The SP-NTTD gap would have to be Nov 2015 -> Apr 2022 to match that. Still a ways to go!

At that point they'd delay until november, there's no reason to release a Bond movie in 2022 if you're not going to tie it into the 60th anniversary.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    from what i heard it was... I heard a rumor that Boyle's film ended with Bond writing fictionalized versions of his life ala Fleming but I cant confirm that...

Maybe EON could release the Hodge BOND 25 script to tide us over until the release of NTTD. Just an idea...
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

Regarding Paloma:

unknown.png

XlKsQCO.jpg

I feel like most of the shots we’ve seen of Craig this time around has contained some very expressive facial expressions. I think he’ll definitely go through hell & back in the film.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base

Regarding Paloma:

unknown.png

XlKsQCO.jpg

A throwback to LTK? Yes, please.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Regarding Paloma:

unknown.png

XlKsQCO.jpg

I feel like most of the shots we’ve seen of Craig this time around has contained some very expressive facial expressions. I think he’ll definitely go through hell & back in the film.

Yea, from the scene where he looks over his gun in shock in Safin's lair to this. I wouldn't be surprised if they were twisting the knife in for this film. I'd hate for Felix to die, but if here were it would be a damn good send off for him and Craig's Bond.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited July 2020 Posts: 4,343

A throwback to LTK? Yes, please.

Yeah it would be cool. The scene takes place in Caribbean waters after all...
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I'm all in on another scene with sharks involved. Or even a barracuda.
    I'm all in on another scene with sharks involved. Or even a barracuda.

@CraigMooreOHMSS I wanna see Bond getting attacked by this pre-historic bird called Shoebill. Ugly nasty thing. Search YT if you wanna see them live

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/10/4a/70/104a7082de737065a6fe6b725ae69468.jpg
    @Contraband I seem to remember you had posted some photos of the crew building up the Cuban set at Pinewood, not the one from Google maps. If you have them, could you please DM me? I can't find them anymore.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    A new still from Jamaica has been released:

JamesCraig wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I wonder if we got the film fall 2019 what would we be talking about would we be afraid about if there will ever be a bond film again or?

No.

oqiOJVP.gif

;)

its the end times man !
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited July 2020 Posts: 4,247
    jake24 wrote: »

Gorgeous shot with a gun....Craig is the silhouette Bond.
    @Contraband I seem to remember you had posted some photos of the crew building up the Cuban set at Pinewood, not the one from Google maps. If you have them, could you please DM me? I can't find them anymore.

@MattiaDeVarti007 Not building the set but I have some stills of the finished set. I'll DM you
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

Ah, the calm before the storm... ;)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I think I'll be quite content if they announce another delay. I think it'll be more beneficial than it may seem.

Oof, great image. Very Dr. No.
    Sigh I want to see this FILM!
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    GadgetMan wrote: »

Scenery has a very 60's Bond aesthetic to it.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    GadgetMan wrote: »

Scenery has a very 60's Bond aesthetic to it.

I’m picturing Bond walking to some beautiful guitar notes from marr and zimmer.

@MattiaDeVarti007 Not building the set but I have some stills of the finished set. I'll DM you

Thanks!
    If the cinematography is at the level of the stills we've seen so far, I think the movie will be great.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

Reminds me of Thunderball for some reason