And the Bondie for inspired casting/under-rated performance for an actress...page 134

Comments

• thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Lots of varied opinions here and even some write-in votes! Love the passion for some of our nominees! Lets dive in and see what the academy has voted to be the worst Bond film.

The Klebbie goes to...Die Another Day receiving 15 votes!

The academy votes show this:
    • QOS receiving 7 votes
    • DAF received 5 votes
    • SP received 5 votes
    • TMWTGG received 0 votes...maybe I misjudged and should have added another film,

I could have substituted TWINE (receiving 4 write in votes) or YOLT or AVTAK or FYEO (all receiving a write in vote!)

Lets do something that hasn't been done before! Lets do a Bondie and a Klebbie together! I am following @GeneralGogol suggestion for a category!

Lets judge the final scenes of the Bond actor in the role. Some it was known at the time of their filming it would be their final scene, for others it was assumed they'd be back in the role. I would like the academy to vote for best final scene and worst final scene as James Bond. The nominees are:
    • Lazenby cradles Tracy and tells the cop he has all the time in the world from OHMSS
    • Connery snuggles Case and looks up at the stars from DAF
    • Moore has shower fun with Sutton and drops the soap from AVTAK
    • Dalton jumps into the pool with Pam and a fish winks from LTK
    • Brosnan plays with Jinx and diamonds in DAD

I have a feeling that the Bondie is a slam dunk, but I am hoping that we see a variety of votes for the Klebbie! Dear academy share you best and worst final scene as Bond from the nominees!
    BEST without a doubt OHMSS! Brave and beautifully played by Laz!
    WORST! But if course it has to be Brossa and Jinx in DAD ("No, leave it in!" Uggh!!)
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Best, OHMSS.
    Sad, classy and oh so moving.

Worst, DAD.
    DAF and AVTAK are pretty weak too, but the dialogue in the DAD scene is so incredibly cringy it has to go to DAD.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Best is OHMSS.
    Worst... hmmm... I'd say it SHOULD be AVTAK, but I enjoy Roger so the klebbie goes to DAD (pouring diamonds in Halle Berry's belly button is not what I call sexy; it's actually pretty odd).
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited July 2020 Posts: 8,038
    Best: Lazenby, by quite a margin. The best final scene in any Bond film until Daniel rocked up to Mr. White's house in 2006 and introduced himself.

Worst: Little bit tougher for me, but I'd have to go with Moore - an utterly cringeworthy scene with the age difference between the two only outweirded by the remote control car's presence. Connery's isn't great either, but I think I'd describe it as anticlimactic at worst. Brosnan's would also be up there, but that scene from DAD is an improvement on his previous final scene in TWINE and it's far less creepy than Moore's.
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    Lazenby best.

Worst Brosnan.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Best-Lazenby.
    Worst-Moore.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Best-Lazenby.
    Worst-Moore.

This. Geriatric Moore in the shower with Stacey (shudder) plus the "ooohs" at the end (cringe).
    Best: Lazenby cradles Tracy and tells the cop he has all the time in the world from OHMSS

Worst: Moore has shower fun with Sutton and drops the soap from AVTAK
  • Agent_OneAgent_One Ireland
    edited July 2020 Posts: 280
    Best isn't a question. Lazenby's exit is head and shoulders above everyone else's.

The worst is a close race between Brosnan and Moore, but I'll sadly have to give the edge to Roger. It's creepy, unfunny and an atrocious ending for the longest-lasting Bond. Sailing away into the sunset with Octopussy would've been pitch perfect for him, but alas, it wasn't to be.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Best: DAF

Worst: DAD
  • LocqueLocque Escaped from a Namur prison
    edited July 2020 Posts: 262
    Best : OHMSS

Worst: Nothing in the Eon productions is as bad as Connery winking to camera as that insipid title song starts to play in NSNA, so that's my write-in.

Nice to see that it’s not a complete landslide for OHMSS
    :D

My vote goes to OHMSS. DAF would be my second choice.

All the others are Klebbie runners. I’ll vote for LTK as the winking fish is a complete ‘eh?’ moment, I have no idea why it’s there.
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England

Nice to see that it’s not a complete landslide for OHMSS
    :D

My vote goes to OHMSS. DAF would be my second choice.

All the others are Klebbie runners. I’ll vote for LTK as the winking fish is a complete ‘eh?’ moment, I have no idea why it’s there.

The winking fish is one of Sanchez's ornaments. I didn't realise that until relatively recently when I saw it on the big screen and you can see it in the background earlier in the film. The fish isn't supposed to be sentient. That makes it a lot more forgivable for me.
  • I agree with Brudder. OHMSS gets my vote for Best final scene but I'm glad it's not a totally unanimous vote.

Brosnan w/ Jinx & the diamonds is pretty cringey... but nothing's as bad a Roger's shower with Stacy. AVTAK gets the kick to the shin in my world.
    Is there any question: OHMSS and Lazenby for best.

A clear choice for the worst: AVTAK.

Lazenby is the obvious Bondie. I expect a win by a landslide.

For the Klebbie it's a fierce contest between Roger and Pierce and their embarrassing flirts with equally bad leading ladies. I think I will have to go with Moore for the share akwardness.
  • "I know you're young enough to be my granddaughter...but would you mind getting the soap that I just dropped?" Awkward doesn't even begin to cover it...
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    OHMSS best
    DAD worst
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I've often wondered if AVTAK was written for a younger Bond in mind? Or to introduce a Bond? Mind you the Tibbet and Bond segments would suggest otherwise.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    "I know you're young enough to be my granddaughter...but would you mind getting the soap that I just dropped?" Awkward doesn't even begin to cover it...
    The Best: Lazenby and OHMSS. I don’t need to expand on this.

@BeatlesSansEarMuffs. I fully concur. As I stated earlier, were the writers deliberately trying to give Roger a bad send off?!

The Worst: Roger and Stacy…..dear lord!!!

BTW: Are we having a group love-in for Dame Diana Rigg on Monday (July 20th) to mark her 82nd birthday? 😊

• MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    edited July 2020 Posts: 3,347
    Best? Why don't you wait until you're asked DALTON!
    Worst? Don't put it back in!!! BROSNAN
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2020 Posts: 5,869
    It has to be On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

The worst has to be Moore has shower fun with Sutton and drops the soap from AVTAK.

Just that whole image with naked Moore and the robot. Just no haha :D
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Best: DAF-Connery. I like a happy ending. Plus I think Tiffany's pondering how they could retrieve the diamonds is a nice touch.

Worst: AVTAK-Moore. If he had ended his tenure with OP Moore would've had the best ending. In my imagination, his 007 retired to India with Maud Adams' Miss Smythe.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Best - OHMSS hands down.

Worst - AVTAK sadly Bonds romp in the shower with Stacey is clearly the worst send off for any of the Bond actors. As @Agent_One said, having Moore sailing off into the sunset with Octopussy, would've been a wonderful way to end his tenure.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    Benny wrote: »
    Best - OHMSS hands down.

Worst - AVTAK sadly Bonds romp in the shower with Stacey is clearly the worst send off for any of the Bond actors. As @Agent_One said, having Moore sailing off into the sunset with Octopussy, would've been a wonderful way to end his tenure.

+1

Lazenby's final scene as Bond is the most poignant moments in the series, not only because of Tracy's death, but in retrospect because he would never return.
    Another one for OHMSS here. Paractically perfect in every way.

Worse : LTK. Sorry, but the winking fish does it for me.
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart
    Best - Dalton
    I like seeing Bond being human and doing something cute for a lady. I know OHMSS will win, but uh just don't think George pulls it off
    Worst - Brosnan
    Not his fault. It's the awful puns.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Best: LTK
    Worst: DAD
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited July 2020 Posts: 5,984
    Best: Lazenby
    Worst: Brosnan

Moore's scene is bad but it's Moore (and true to his sometimes lascivious yet uniquely charming portrayal of Bond) so he gets away with it. ;)