No Time to Die production thread

18408418438458461208

Comments

  • edited July 2020 Posts: 17,357
    What looked to be a child doll was spotted in the Toyota when they filmed scenes on the Atlantic Road, with the stand-ins.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Posts: 5,869
    Ok quick question... I'm not really sure how to approach spoilers so I'm gonna use tags anyway...
    If this Mathilde character is meant to be a clone, are Bond and Madeleine going to raise a clone of Madeleine at the end? Isn't that a bit odd?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 4,343
    Denbigh wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Could that be Nomi in the backseat with Madeleine?
    Kids usually sit in the backseat...
    I only say cause I thought I could see short hair but probably mistaken haha

    Haha well Nomi will arrive late in the party (Aston Martin scene seen in the trailer) after the forest chase with Safin and the helicopter. Anyway a kid being cloned Swann or Swann's secret daughter (far more likely if you ask me) will 100% be part of the finale.

    Bond dealing with a "child" is an idea EoN is toying with since 2006/2007...
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Posts: 3,157
    matt_u wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Rumor: James Bond’s No Time To Die Film Will Undergo Reshoots To Alter Major Plot Point
    https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/07/15/rumor-james-bonds-no-time-to-die-film-will-undergo-reshoots-to-alter-major-plot-point/

    Yeah that's clearly not true....

    Complete garbage.

    “For all intents and purposes, we had finished the film. I had mentally finished the film. Mentally and emotionally.” Cary Fukunaga.

    Plus, given the fact that the film will inevitably underperform, nowhere in the world MGM would pay for reshaping the villain’s main evil scheme. Without mentioning that the film hadn’t screenings so the notion that a virus centric scheme “tested poorly” is just utterly ridiculous and a lie.
    Well said.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 4,343
    The_Return wrote: »
    The_Return wrote: »
    What would Bond be like in July?
    Too late. And I don't mean too late for me, I wouldn't be particularly upset if I never got to see NTTD. Too late for EON.

    How so?
    I seriously doubt they can afford to sit on the movie that long.

    It’s a terrible situation for all the parties but MGM put the real money, not EoN.
  • Posts: 2,436
    RedNine wrote: »
    Disney analyst sees cinemas "largely closed" until Mid-2021.

    After initially expecting social distancing measures would be "significantly lessened" by late 2020, Cowen's Doug Creutz has "now extended that timeline," which will affect the company's film and theme parks units.

    "We had previously assumed that the spread of COVID-19 would be relatively halted, with social distancing requirements significantly lessened by late 2020," Creutz wrote. "We have now extended that timeline out to at least mid-2021; the situation remains very fluid, and we do not rule out the possibility that the impact could last even longer."

    Creutz said he expects "no film releases in fiscal year 2020," which for Disney ends in September, and "a modest slate" in fiscal 2021. "We now expect domestic theaters to be largely closed until mid-2021, in part because we don't think studios will be interested in releasing their largest movies into a capacity-constrained footprint."

    As far as Disney's theme parks unit goes, Creutz expects the "recovery trajectory to be pushed out at least one year." While Walt Disney World reopened "at limited capacity last weekend," he said he believes "that at best, heavy capacity constraints will prevail until at least mid-2021, and ... there is a meaningful probability that the park could be forced to close again."

    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-analyst-downgrade-longer-pandemic-impact-cinemas-closed-1303411

    Well, I don't see how any business can reopen after 1,5 years of not making any profits, at some points studios will have to release their movies into limited capacity because if they don't, there will be no cinemas to release their movies in the future

    Disney will just buy up all the cinemas that have gone bust!
  • Posts: 820
    Loathe as I am to say it out loud, given the escalating situation in the US I've all but emotionally accepted there is no way NTTD can be widely released in 2020.

    It feels painfully cathartic to say that. And it's going to be thoroughly depressing to see the official Tweet, whenever it inevitably comes.

    But having said that, I haven't ruled out the possibility of a significant business-related plot twist that results in us seeing the film.

    Any one of the cash-rich streamers (Netflix, Apple, Amazon) ponying up $400 million to acquire distribution rights for the film itself seems very unlikely -- but one of them fronting more than that to acquire all of (a financially dire and increasingly, I imagine, cash-desperate) MGM...that seems less so.

    That purchase would include its studio ops and catalogue, and also -- maybe the real crown jewel -- the 50% stake in the Bond franchise itself. Depending on how they value its future potential, there are very real scenarios where those dollars might make sense. Comes down to a bit of a spectacular question -- is it worth one of them putting a major competitive flag in the ground by buying an entire studio to secure one very historically lucrative (but, depending on your perspective, recently earnings-lagging) IP?

    Sufficed to say, the heat turns up slightly under this possibility with each passing day that MGM isn't releasing product in open cinemas.



  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 3,018
    Has there been any discussion about the dam in Scotland seen in this montage? In a interview while shooting in Scotland one Second Unit crew member said that they're were prepping the dam for a major stunt scene involving the cars. Haven't seen any footage of it so far, bts or screengrabs.

    GehLloP.jpg

  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited July 2020 Posts: 7,527
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Loathe as I am to say it out loud, given the escalating situation in the US I've all but emotionally accepted there is no way NTTD can be widely released in 2020.

    It feels painfully cathartic to say that. And it's going to be thoroughly depressing to see the official Tweet, whenever it inevitably comes.

    But having said that, I haven't ruled out the possibility of a significant business-related plot twist that results in us seeing the film.

    Any one of the cash-rich streamers (Netflix, Apple, Amazon) ponying up $400 million to acquire distribution rights for the film itself seems very unlikely -- but one of them fronting more than that to acquire all of (a financially dire and increasingly, I imagine, cash-desperate) MGM...that seems less so.

    That purchase would include its studio ops and catalogue, and also -- maybe the real crown jewel -- the 50% stake in the Bond franchise itself. Depending on how they value its future potential, there are very real scenarios where those dollars might make sense. Comes down to a bit of a spectacular question -- is it worth one of them putting a major competitive flag in the ground by buying an entire studio to secure one very historically lucrative (but, depending on your perspective, recently earnings-lagging) IP?

    Sufficed to say, the heat turns up slightly under this possibility with each passing day that MGM isn't releasing product in open cinemas.



    This is a good point. A VOD release by EON MGM is extremely unlikely, but a buyout by a cash rich VOD company who then has the option to release NTTD on VOD... that does feel more likely.

    If they charge the right price, it's possible they could make a bunch of the purchase price back on day one.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited July 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Why can't you guys debate VOD, corona, MGM, etc, in the NTTD box office thread?
  • Posts: 38
    Contraband wrote: »
    Has there been any discussion about the dam in Scotland seen in this montage? In a interview while shooting in Scotland one Second Unit crew member said that they're were prepping the dam for a major stunt scene involving the cars. Haven't seen any footage of it so far, bts or screengrabs.

    GehLloP.jpg

    Could be that the dam was to control the river down steam? Don't want the water levels higher than planned if it rained heavily, best to have a way of controlling the water for a chase driving through it. J ust a thought as the dam structure is either unfinished in those images or it's not actually seen on screen. Is that the kind of thing that needs temporary planning permission? If so maybe that could be found, but I guess probably not the kind of thing that needs temporary planning permission.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 3,018
    @Penpen That was some clever thinking on your part. Didn't think about controlling the river downstream. The upper left montage pic with the digger says it all when you see these two screengrabs. Perhaps that is the stunt - driving through the stream

    z74nLpb.jpg
    kSRhc32.jpg
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    Posts: 737
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Ok quick question... I'm not really sure how to approach spoilers so I'm gonna use tags anyway...
    If this Mathilde character is meant to be a clone, are Bond and Madeleine going to raise a clone of Madeleine at the end? Isn't that a bit odd?

    Yes @Denbigh, it is very odd. If any of it is true it's diabolical. Who thought that they could come up with something more damaging and stupid than the foster brother storyline?
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts: 7,527
    Contraband wrote: »
    Why can't you guys debate VOD, corona, MGM, etc, in the NTTD box office thread?

    The release of NTTD is relevant to the NTTD production.

    Whatever. This community has become extremely adversarial. See you all when the movie comes out. @Contraband thanks as always for your great contributions.
  • Posts: 490
    Contraband wrote: »
    @Penpen That was some clever thinking on your part. Didn't think about controlling the river downstream. The upper left montage pic with the digger says it all when you see these two screengrabs. Perhaps that is the stunt - driving through the stream

    z74nLpb.jpg
    kSRhc32.jpg

    Those shots are incredible. About this scene:
    The Empire article from April said Bond and Madeline go to the cabin in Norway. Safin shows up at some point, there's some sort of confrontation that leads to the car chase with Safin giving orders from his helicopter. Something leads to the transition from car chase to a foot chase in the woods. Safin is on foot because there was one picture of Rami & Cary in those woods plus the screenshot of Safin standing in a wooded area.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Posts: 1,755
    I was hoping the dam they filmed at would've been incorporated in to the movie somehow. It looks as if it could've been a part of Safin's lair/bunker.
  • Posts: 14,864
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Ok quick question... I'm not really sure how to approach spoilers so I'm gonna use tags anyway...
    If this Mathilde character is meant to be a clone, are Bond and Madeleine going to raise a clone of Madeleine at the end? Isn't that a bit odd?

    Yes @Denbigh, it is very odd. If any of it is true it's diabolical. Who thought that they could come up with something more damaging and stupid than the foster brother storyline?

    It would be a terrible idea.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 3,018
    @ertert It's actually more to it in the woods. SPOILER!!! Don't click if you/forum members wanna stay away from the plot!!

    Safin gives orders to Ash in one of the Defenders chasing after Bond/Swann/Matilde, and the foot chase leads to this:

    Bond and Matilde - but not Swann - hiding in the foggy forrest

    Call sheet:
    e9OdHby.jpg

  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 3,018
    Contraband wrote: »
    Why can't you guys debate VOD, corona, MGM, etc, in the NTTD box office thread?

    The release of NTTD is relevant to the NTTD production.

    Whatever. This community has become extremely adversarial. See you all when the movie comes out. @Contraband thanks as always for your great contributions.

    @NickTwentyTwo Thanks man.. But I have to say that there's a big diff between debating VOD, pandemic, release, verses in this thread: minor plot details, posting BTS stills even if the production is over.

    I'm still finding material, stills, info, etc, to debate. Almost scanning every damn crew members insta and hired companies for leaks so to speak to keep this thread alive
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Posts: 1,755
    Contraband wrote: »
    @ertert It's actually more to it in the woods. SPOILER!!! Don't click if you/forum members wanna stay away from the plot!!

    Safin gives orders to Ash in one of the Defenders chasing after Bond/Swann/Matilde, and the foot chase leads to this:

    Bond and Matilde - but not Swann - hiding in the foggy forrest

    Call sheet:
    e9OdHby.jpg

    Wow! Now that’s very interesting. I guess it would make the foot chase through the woods a bit more terrifying if
    a child is involved.

    But what happens to Madeline then?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 3,018
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    @ertert It's actually more to it in the woods. SPOILER!!! Don't click if you/forum members wanna stay away from the plot!!

    Safin gives orders to Ash in one of the Defenders chasing after Bond/Swann/Matilde, and the foot chase leads to this:

    Bond and Matilde - but not Swann - hiding in the foggy forrest

    Call sheet:
    e9OdHby.jpg

    Wow! Now that’s very interesting. I guess it would make the foot chase through the woods a bit more terrifying if
    a child is involved.

    But what happens to Madeline then?

    @DonnyDB5 That's a mystery. Maybe kidnapped by Safin?

    ANOTHER PLOT SPOILER:
    She must be alive because in one of the final scenes is with her and Matilde driving the Vantage V8 in Matera of all places again (which would indicate that Bond dies in the woods/somewhere else). Why else would she and the girl be alone?
    Call sheet:
    dV8S4Rw.jpg

  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Posts: 1,755
    Contraband wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    @ertert It's actually more to it in the woods. SPOILER!!! Don't click if you/forum members wanna stay away from the plot!!

    Safin gives orders to Ash in one of the Defenders chasing after Bond/Swann/Matilde, and the foot chase leads to this:

    Bond and Matilde - but not Swann - hiding in the foggy forrest

    Call sheet:
    e9OdHby.jpg

    Wow! Now that’s very interesting. I guess it would make the foot chase through the woods a bit more terrifying if
    a child is involved.

    But what happens to Madeline then?

    @DonnyDB5 That's a mystery. Maybe kidnapped by Safin?

    ANOTHER PLOT SPOILER:
    She must be alive because in one of the final scenes is with her and Matilde driving the Vantage V8 in Matera of all places again (which would indicate that Bond dies in the woods/somewhere else). Why else would she and the girl be alone?
    Call sheet:
    dV8S4Rw.jpg

    I bet they’re both kidnapped by him. Probably the scene where Bond runs out in to a clearing & the helicopter is seen flying away.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Posts: 469
    Ludovico wrote: »
    ertert wrote: »
    The_Return wrote: »
    @DaltonCraig007 I am perfectly aware that there is a ongoing global pandemic. On the other hand you seem totally unaware that the ongoing global pandemic will require creative thinking from movie studios, and that releasing NTTD in safe areas months before releasing it in the US cannot be off the table.

    All the links you posted are saying basically one thing: that the situation is getting worse in the US and certain other parts of the word (something I am completely aware of and literally never denied). Guess what? The situation was getting worse and worse in the second half of March in Italy, and now, mere 3 and a half months later it's very much under control there.

    It's funny that you call me a covid denier (which I am clearly not), yet you are the one who is thinking about box office and theatrical releases as if the pandemic never happened.

    Just curious are you American? I am. This thing is going nowhere anytime soon. The reason for that is that a significant portion of Americans still think this is just a cough and that masks are for weaklings to wear. There are massive cultural/political reasons why things are so bad here in the U.S. and why they will not be improving by November without some miracle cure.

    There have been shootings caused by people asking others to wear masks. It is completely insane here.

    Anyways back on topic, where you all think Blofeld ends up? PLEASE do not answer if this was revealed in the alleged plot leaks as I've been avoiding those. I think Waltz can really knock this thing out of the park if he has more to do but I also dont want him to steal any of Rami's thunder and for things to get muddled. I prefer when Bond is facing a singular force of nature of a villain, a la Silva.

    @ertert I always thought that Blofeld will pull an Hannibal Lecter on them: help Bond against Safin who will remain the main antagonist, then escape custody at some point.

    Actual Bond spoilers discussion? In my spoiler thread?

    Ok, jokes aside, I agree with this. The 'Now your enemy is my enemy' probably implies that Safin is working independent of SPECTRE, or was a former employee who has himself gone rogue. It is likely he is the mastermind behind the gassing of the SPECTRE party using his weapon and sparing only Bond. The mechanism behind how the virus/gas/whatever spares only Bond is yet to be seen, however it seems to me to likely be connected to the talk about Safin and genetic warfare - perhaps a sort of toxin/virus that selectively attacks people based on their genetics?

    It's been accidentally revealed to the masses by production crew that the big lair is owned by the 'Safins', with an s.. Whether this was just an unintentional grammar mistake, or a clue into Safin's organization/relations has yet to be revealed. We do know that, at the very least, Safin comes from a line of Russian pharmacists, so it probably refers to this rather than any other way-off idea.

    Who knows with the Blofeld line, though? Given that this will be the last film of the Craig continuity, the chances of Blofeld escaping or dying seem equally likely, although I at least hope something interesting happens to him because him stuck in prison would make for a very dull character arc for him. Despite having no confirmation indication that anything happens to Blofeld after him and Bond confront, I really do hope that he at least will have a moment in the spotlight, whether it is him escaping or dying, although i saying this the trailers might be intentionally obfuscating us as to Blofeld's fate. Hell, I hope that that moment is when Madeleine turns and lets him go and disappears to Safin's lair.

    All in all, I just want to see a Bond movie have some of the old outandish, wild elements back for Bond, instead of going the modern way and taking the boring route under the guise of 'realism'. I want to see genetics-selective viruses. I want to see clone children. I want to see Blofeld rise back up as Bond's biggest nemesis, running his own underground web of terrorism and extortion. I have faith that, even with the different environment of today's cinema and audience expectations, Cary can bring back even a little bit of this type of Bond movie for Craig's big sendoff, and I cannot wait to see the movie, no matter the format. I honestly would not mind even watching a digital copy on my laptop and then afterwards, rewatching on cinema.

    Contraband wrote: »
    lc_maybe_mads.png

    @phantomvices Where the hell did you got this still from? I have the still were you can vaguely make out it's a female in the backseat. Endless debate in here on who it might be, adult Swann, her as a young girl or a daughter, etc.

    This is the first time, at least for me, one can see it's Swann. Or is it?

    I found it on the lossless version of the trailer. It also had 5.1 sound. https://thedigitaltheater.com/2019/12/12/no-time-to-die-2020-trailer-1-1080p-dts-hd-ma-and-ac3-5-1-2/
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 3,018
    @phantomvices Great. Thanks for the link
  • Posts: 3,164
    MI6 reporting a Summer 2021 move is under consideration, and no PVOD on the table

  • edited July 2020 Posts: 12,293
    antovolk wrote: »
    MI6 reporting a Summer 2021 move is under consideration, and no PVOD on the table

    Very sad, but very expected. At this rate who knows if we’ll even get it next year, either. It is going to be hard to keep excitement going for so long, and also more likely more of the film will leak before release. Just an unfortunate situation in every way for an exceptionally plagued production.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Posts: 15,694
    FoxRox wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    MI6 reporting a Summer 2021 move is under consideration, and no PVOD on the table

    Very sad, but very expected. At this rate who knows if we’ll even get it next year, either. It is going to be hard to keep excitement going for so long, and also more likely more of the film will leak before release. Just an unfortunate situation in every way for an exceptionally plagued production.

    I wouldn't be worried about the excitement level being ruined for NTTD. If the film keeps getting delayed, so will all other big budget films. Once NTTD finally opens, it may very well be one of the first major releases we get to see in over a year. The excitement will be sky high knowing we aren't just getting a new Bond film, but a new big blockbuster altogether in god-knows how long.
  • Posts: 625
    antovolk wrote: »
    MI6 reporting a Summer 2021 move is under consideration, and no PVOD on the table

    June/July 2021 the biggest european football tournament (UEFA EURO 2021) will take place. People will watch EVERY match during that time. No way a studio releases a big movie during that period. It would destroy the european box office completely.
    Same with years when the FIFA World Cup takes place.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2020 Posts: 15,694
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    MI6 reporting a Summer 2021 move is under consideration, and no PVOD on the table

    June/July 2021 the biggest european football tournament (UEFA EURO 2021) will take place. People will watch EVERY match during that time. No way a studio releases a big movie during that period. It would destroy the european box office completely.
    Same with years when the FIFA World Cup takes place.

    The Euro finishes on July 11th. Why can't NTTD be released after? The last weekend of July saw the release of the 5th and 6th Mission Impossible films, and the 4th Jason Bourne film. Atomic Blonde also came out on that weekend in 2017. It seems like a perfect date to re-release a major spy/action blockbuster.
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 12,293
    FoxRox wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    MI6 reporting a Summer 2021 move is under consideration, and no PVOD on the table

    Very sad, but very expected. At this rate who knows if we’ll even get it next year, either. It is going to be hard to keep excitement going for so long, and also more likely more of the film will leak before release. Just an unfortunate situation in every way for an exceptionally plagued production.

    I wouldn't be worried about the excitement level being ruined for NTTD. If the film keeps getting delayed, so will all other big budget films. Once NTTD finally opens, it may very well be one of the first major releases we get to see in over a year. The excitement will be sky high knowing we aren't just getting a new Bond film, but a new big blockbuster altogether in god-knows how long.

    You may be right. Hopefully it will come when it’s safe and people will care and it will end up good. One of the saddest things that has crossed my mind is thinking of how many Bond fans that are out there that may never get to see it, because of the virus. I recognize the virus is bigger and a lot more important than just getting the next Bond film, but it is sad because of the financial side of it that the completed film won’t be seen by everyone that wants to.
Sign In or Register to comment.