The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Thankfully my United trio of Fernandes, Rashford and Martial (c) are starting tonight [-O< needs goals

2-0 up already. I expect United players are highly captained this gameweek, so I'm hoping they don't score that many goals (Aubameyang (c) here)…

I only have Bruno goal points so far, I am desperate for a Martial goal, though if United get another I see changes being made. My team is a mess not expecting much this GW
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 17,241
    Thankfully my United trio of Fernandes, Rashford and Martial (c) are starting tonight [-O< needs goals

2-0 up already. I expect United players are highly captained this gameweek, so I'm hoping they don't score that many goals (Aubameyang (c) here)…

I only have Bruno goal points so far, I am desperate for a Martial goal, though if United get another I see changes being made. My team is a mess not expecting much this GW

It' not been the best start for me either. I brought in Foster last GW, Hoping that Watford would be good for clean sheets, but it looks like I must find a replacement instead…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

It' not been the best start for me either. I brought in Foster last GW, Hoping that Watford would be good for clean sheets, but it looks like I must find a replacement instead…

Its so unpredictable, I did not expect a Burnley win. Bruno gets second goal. Martial please score [-O<

Its so unpredictable, I did not expect a Burnley win. Bruno gets second goal. Martial please score [-O<

Damn, a rival in another mini league has Fernandes (c). He will go past me in the league rankings now.
    edited June 2020 Posts: 23,105

Damn, a rival in another mini league has Fernandes (c). He will go past me in the league rankings now.

Since the restart I am tumbling down the ranks, I am not confident in many players I have currently though reluctant to take too many hits.

United look good though top four is possible with our run in.

Since the restart I am tumbling down the ranks, I am not confident in many players I have currently though reluctant to take too many hits.

United look good though top four is possible with our run in.

Same here. Was hoping for a top 100k finish, but now I'm soon down 100k in the rankings instead.

I imagine United will have a shot at top 4. Leicester don't look that impressive, so everything is possible.
    Man Utd v
    Bournemouth

Aston Villa v
    Man Utd

Man Utd v
    Southampton

Crystal Palace v
    Man Utd

Man Utd v
    West Ham

Leicester v
    Man Utd

Our remaining fixtures, could not really ask for much better and our last game could be a Top 4 decider.

Martial and Rashford subbed

~X(
    Man Utd v
    Bournemouth

Aston Villa v
    Man Utd

Man Utd v
    Southampton

Crystal Palace v
    Man Utd

Man Utd v
    West Ham

Leicester v
    Man Utd

Our remaining fixtures, could not really ask for much better and our last game could be a Top 4 decider.

Those are very nice fixtures. Can't ask for a better run-in, IMO.
    Martial and Rashford subbed

~X(

Ouch! Would have been happy with the Fernandes points if they didn't make my red arrow even bigger!
    LXyvJic.png
    My top 10K hopes are fading fast
    LXyvJic.png

That's still a good overall rank though! I'm down at 180,400 at the moment. Need to get my captaincies right the remaining gameweeks if top 100k is to be a possibility.
    LXyvJic.png

That's still a good overall rank though! I'm down at 180,400 at the moment. Need to get my captaincies right the remaining gameweeks if top 100k is to be a possibility.

I am eyeing two transfers though will wait until all this GW's games have finished, I am going to have to take another hit. Two GW's in a row my captain has failed, I need to bounce back next GW or even top 50K will be at risk.

I still have my Triple Captain so if I nail that...
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 17,241
    LXyvJic.png

I am eyeing two transfers though will wait until all this GW's games have finished, I am going to have to take another hit. Two GW's in a row my captain has failed, I need to bounce back next GW or even top 50K will be at risk.

I still have my Triple Captain so if I nail that...

I'm either going to take a hit, or try to save a free transfer. But like you, I too have to wait until the gameweek is done before making any moves.

I have bench boost left, but I have no idea when to use it…
    My FPL season may have self destructed though Leicester losing and Chelsea trailing is great for United's top four hopes.
    My FPL season may have self destructed though Leicester losing and Chelsea trailing is great for United's top four hopes.

I know the feeling…It just looks like points are going to players you don't own…

I finally got some luck though, with Aubameyang delivering against Norwich. Can't really say much of Arsenal despite the 4-0 win, as Norwich wasn't as dangerous as one might have expected. With United and the other teams around Arsenal picking up the points needed, I don't think Arsenal will do any better than 8th at best – I think they should be happy if they finish that high.
    edited July 2020 Posts: 23,105
    Missed out on a SU double clean sheet right at the death, Son got the assist though small consolation. I will be lucky to get 40 points this GW.

Spurs out of top four race surely now
    Missed out on a SU double clean sheet right at the death, Son got the assist though small consolation. I will be lucky to get 40 points this GW.

Ouch! It's a tricky gameweek. If it wasn't for Aubameyang, I wouldn't had many points.

I don't know, I will never underestimate Mourinho pulling off a run to manage top four, but the teams ahead (and I'm not counting Arsenal here), should be able to pick up enough points to secure their spots ahead on the table.

Ouch! It's a tricky gameweek. If it wasn't for Aubameyang, I wouldn't had many points.

I don't know, I will never underestimate Mourinho pulling off a run to manage top four, but the teams ahead (and I'm not counting Arsenal here), should be able to pick up enough points to secure their spots ahead on the table.

My team looks OK for next set of games though thinking Rashford and Son out Salah and Greenwood in. Which coukd be another risk, really not sure what do do
    City 2 - 0 Liverpool 10 minutes to half time, having won the league how much will Liverpool really go for it in the remaining games?

3 - 0 Foden is on fire, great for England the player we desperately need in Midfield.

Half Time

---

My team looks OK for next set of games though thinking Rashford and Son out Salah and Greenwood in. Which coukd be another risk, really not sure what do do

Those move looks risky (on paper), but they might work! I'm really not sure what to do with my team either; the squad is not the best for this gameweek, and I definitely feel like I need to do something. Might have to spend tomorrow thinking about potential moves…
    City 2 - 0 Liverpool 10 minutes to half time, having won the league how much will Liverpool really go for it in the remaining games?

3 - 0 Foden is on fire, great for England the player we desperately need in Midfield.

Half Time

---

Expected a much less one-sided game! It didn't do well for my OR, but the Liverpool players are highly owned, so there are many FPL managers in the same boat.

Hah, funny one! Sp*rs' season makes you wonder if of Kane, Alli etc. will stick around for much longer. Eriksen has already left.

That being said, it won't surprise me if Arsenal finds themselves with a similar situation with Aubameyang this summer…
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Used my wildcard for gameweek #33+.

Here is my team:

Pope
    Wan-Bissaka, Dunk, Ritchie
    De Bruyne, Foden, Martial, Willian, Fernandes (C)
    Aubameyang, Jimenez.

Here is my team:

Pope
    Aubameyang, Jimenez.

Good line up, undecided what to do thinking off getting rid of Rashford though no obvious replacements and can't afford Aubameyang. I am concerned that if I take a hit the players I bring in will be rested

@Torgeirtrap I have heard Barca are interested in Aubameyang, I suspect he may leave if Arsenal show no ambition either way.

Great just checked my team I only have two defenders and even they may be rested :))

Edited: Lundstram and Lascelles being injured has led me to playing it safe, just got a Wolves defender in no hits.

Here is my team:

Pope
    Aubameyang, Jimenez.

I like the Wan-Bissaka, Ritchie and Foden picks! Great differentials for the remaining games, IMO.
    @Torgeirtrap I have heard Barca are interested in Aubameyang, I suspect he may leave if Arsenal show no ambition either way.

Great just checked my team I only have two defenders and even they may be rested :))

Edited: Lundstram and Lascelles being injured has led me to playing it safe, just got a Wolves defender in no hits.

Fire_and_Ice_Returns talks are ongoing re. a contract with Aubameyang apparently, but I'm not getting my hopes up he will stay. I suspect one of (if not both) Aubameyang and Lacazette will leave in the summer. The club have the Kroenke's to thank for lack of ambition…

I suspect we might have to expect injuries in the remaining gameweeks. Lundstram is out a couple of weeks, isn't he?

Still not sure what to do with my team. I guess I could take a hit to make my team a bit more interesting, but I don't think that's the best solution.

____

I'll be back with a gameweek winner update tomorrow!
    Another gameweek is finished, and we have another gameweek winner. The gameweek 32+ winner is Dinamo Skruknott…which is my team, so I'm not going to congratulate myself, haha!

QBkoAAo.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 2: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 3: Benny’s Blues
    GW 4: Benny’s Blues
    GW 5: Anotherwastedcorner
    GW 6: Anfield FC
    GW 7: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 8: 11 FishFingers
    GW 9: LVLA Skopje 05 / EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 10: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: Team Extreme
    GW 13: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 14: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 15: MysticWarlordsOfKa’a
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: Anfield FC
    GW 18: Overload
    GW 19: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 20: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 21: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 22: Team Extreme
    GW 23: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 24: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 25: Anfield FC / Team Extreme
    GW 26: Manchester United
    GW 27: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 28: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 29: Overload
    GW 30+: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 31+: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 32+: Dinamo Skruknott
    League table standings:

1. Team Extreme: GW 52 - TOT 1912
    2. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 77 - TOT 1878
    3. 11FishFingers: GW 51 - TOT 1837
    4. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 33 - TOT 1827
    5. Anfield FC: GW 49 - TOT 1755
    6. Anotherwastedcorner: GW 50 - TOT 1733
    7. MysticWarlordsOfKa’a: GW 75 - TOT 1722
    8. AFC Fritzson: GW 63 - TOT 1721
    9. DICKLESS TOWN: GW 74 - TOT 1704
    10. EMRE CAN Fan: GW 73 - TOT 1690
    11. bliblikadek: GW 33 - TOT 1680
    12. Overload: GW 56 - TOT 1663
    13. bobby’sfashionsense: GW 38 - TOT 1653
    14. Flitwick Flyers: GW 70 - TOT 1618
    15. MEJICO POWA: GW 56 - TOT 1598
    16. Benny’s Blues: GW 48 - TOT 1539
    17. GoldyTheRef: GW 26 - TOT 1535
    18. George’sRetroRockets: GW 60 - TOT 1526
    19. Manchester United: GW 54 - TOT 1282
    _______

Don't forget the 11:30 (UK time) deadline, so have your teams ready!
    Here are the gameweek 33+ captaincy picks!
    Salah: 5
    De Bruyne: 5
    Fernandes: 2
    Aubameyang: 2
    Kane: 1
    Sterling: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Son: 1
    Vardy: 1

Salah and De Bruyne are by far the most captained players this gameweek, with five managers backing each of them. The rest of the captaincies are quite spread out, in a gameweek where there are many good options.

Good luck everyone!
    Congratulations Dinamo Skruknott

Shock horror my captain has got an assist, so far...

Greenwood scores again, this kid is good

The Pukki punt failed he is gone if he can't score against Brighton at home Norwich are doomed.

Edited: Martial goal all my 3 United players involved in points... And it's almost half time. My Captain 2 assists get in, need more

Was 3 - 2 now its 4 - 2 Greenwood again world class

5 - 2 Fernandes get in Captain points and United are on fire up front

Almost 6 United offside, United are clicking
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2020 Posts: 15,686
    26 points for Fernandes, 10 points for Martial. 43 points in total from 4 players so far this gameweek.
    Almost did a -8 to get Greenwood, but didn't go through with it…

I was close to going Rashford to Greenwood though was worried Greenwood may be rested and my defence issue and reluctance to take a hit stopped me lol

I almost hit triple captain on Fernandes though bottled it lol
    I have the same points with 4 players than my whole score last GW (-4 took a hit) FPL is a roller-coaster lol

Edited: Martial awarded second assist, I will take that

Currently on 51 points and back up to 39K, 7 players to go [-O<

I was close to going Rashford to Greenwood though was worried Greenwood may be rested and my defence issue and reluctance to take a hit stopped me lol

I almost hit triple captain on Fernandes though bottled it lol

I'll likely be bringing in Greenwood for next GW, simply to block the scores I'm not getting now!