A College Project

CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
edited May 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 8,026
Hi guys. I'm studying Film in college and I was tasked this year with making a short film. We were only allowed have one actor, one setting, no dialogue and the film's runtime could not exceed 5 minutes. This is the result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDUCnhD950A&feature=relmfu

So, any feedback would be great and if you take the time to watch it even, I appreciate it. Cheers.

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That was good! Nice shots, I loved the usage of black-and-white, and I must say, the panting and breathing reminded me of Bond getting shot in GE on N64, haha. Excellent work. Were you the actor?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    @Creasy47, Cheers man! Nope I wasn't, I got a guy I know from the Drama Society to spend the day with us! ;) I directed it and wrote the story, hence the simplicity :P
    I can see you thought this out, and anyone who edits what they have directed is worth a "Well Done You Award!" Keep it up lad, but pick your craft and study the one only, it will pay off!? Did for me, I wanted to do all the jobs, and quickly realised your much better off doing just the one job really well, from which your never stop learning from!
    Good luck.... :-B
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    MrEon wrote:
    I can see you thought this out, and anyone who edits what they have directed is worth a "Well Done You Award!" Keep it up lad, but pick your craft and study the one only, it will pay off!? Did for me, I wanted to do all the jobs, and quickly realised your much better off doing just the one job really well, from which your never stop learning from!
    Good luck.... :-B

Wow thanks man! Yeah I was literally thrust into this with next to no time to prepare. Had to beg for a location to use and all the sound and camera equipment was from my own bargaining! Some little mistakes in there but I've settled on sticking to camerawork and directing, thanks for the advice :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Creasy47, Cheers man! Nope I wasn't, I got a guy I know from the Drama Society to spend the day with us! ;) I directed it and wrote the story, hence the simplicity :P

Cheers! Great work, I hope it goes well for you.
    thought it was very good, having no dialog and build up of anxious breathing made the scream at the end more impactful.