And the Klebbie for worst model work in a film....page 137

Comments

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    jobo wrote: »
    I don't have any particularly strong opinions on this subject... However my philosophy on many things is "when in doubt, vote Italian". So the Alfa in OP it is ;)

The very words I live by ;)
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    I don't have any particularly strong opinions on this subject... However my philosophy on many things is "when in doubt, vote Italian". So the Alfa in OP it is ;)

You are half Italian yourself if I don't remember incorrectly? ;)
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Ford Mustang.

All the other cars aren’t worth mentioning. They’re too uncool.
  • Ford Mustang. As long as we're not considering the circumstances...
    Ford Mustang. See, DAF does stand out once in a while.

But are we sure it didn't have a gadget? After all, how do you explain how it can magically go in on one side of the car and come out of the alley on the opposite? ;)

My passport may say Belgium, but my heart says Italy and San Marino. I've studied Italian at uni and lived in Rome for a while. Italian culture and James Bond are my two favourite things in the world :)

My passport may say Belgium, but my heart says Italy and San Marino. I've studied Italian at uni and lived in Rome for a while. Italian culture and James Bond are my two favourite things in the world :)

I cannot disagree ;)
    BT3366 wrote: »

But are we sure it didn't have a gadget? After all, how do you explain how it can magically go in on one side of the car and come out of the alley on the opposite? ;)

It is quite telling of DAF that it even managed to mess that scene up... 8-}
    From the list given, I'll have to take the Mustang Mach One from DAF. But if it was on the list, my vote would go to the Aston Martin DBS from OHMSS.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    BT3366 wrote: »

I was considering writing the same when voicing the same opinion, but felt they at least tried to fix that goof somehow.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Gerard wrote: »
    From the list given, I'll have to take the Mustang Mach One from DAF. But if it was on the list, my vote would go to the Aston Martin DBS from OHMSS.

You've got a definite point there, @Gerard. The DBS should have been in the selection and would have prevailed.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I'm actually going to for the Ford Fairlane from DAD; Cuba's always been such an interesting pause in time with regards to the motor vehicle industry, and it's cool to see in DAD.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I'm actually going to for the Ford Fairlane from DAD; Cuba's always been such an interesting pause in time with regards to the motor vehicle industry, and it's cool to see in DAD.

Cuba reminds me a bit of my childhood town-lots of vintage American cars.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2020 Posts: 15,093
    Speaking of awkward: that warehouse “fight” is just...

Aargh; that's awkward- I just said how no 007 director was lazy, but that warehouse fight... :D My favourite is that they don't even bother showing how Bond has beaten his guy: it just cuts away to Pat Macnee and then back to Bond helping Big Ron lie down on the conveyor belt! Oh dear.
    Still, I unashamedly love AVTAK: it's my comfort Bond film. Won't hear a word against it :)
    echo wrote: »
    It's hard to imagine what issue someone would have with Sam's directing.

One issue: the film should have been at least 15 minutes shorter. You could cut 2-3 minutes from the Spectre meeting alone, and another 2 from the plane chase.

Quite interesting hearing Mendes talk about Spectre on the Deakins podcast: he says how the 3rd act plot just fell apart on him and he was left trying to put the film back together again. Sounds like a nightmare.
    Chris MacQuarrie often talks about how the film decides what's right for itself even despite the director/writer trying to force it in one direction, I guess it's that sort of thing.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2020 Posts: 15,093
    thedove wrote: »
    Best gadgetless sports car/convertible driven by Bond
    • - Bond drives up to the mountains where it's cool in a Sunbeam Alpine (DN)
    • - Bond leads the police through a chase on the strip of Vegas Ford Mustang (DAF)
    • - Bond rolls and flips for Scaramanga in an AMC Hornet (TMWTGG)
    • - Bond races to a circus in an Alfa Romeo GTV6 (OP)
    • - Bond cruises into Cuba in a Ford Fairlane (DAD)

Pretty easy one for me, there: easily the coolest car on that list is the Alfa GTV6. Luckily it also gets to show off some of the best precision driving in a Bond film as a bonus- it's a lovely sexy little thing and the only cool one on the list.

Alfa_Romeo_GTV6_Grand_Prix_05pop.jpg
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    mtm wrote: »
    thedove wrote: »
    Best gadgetless sports car/convertible driven by Bond
    • - Bond drives up to the mountains where it's cool in a Sunbeam Alpine (DN)
    • - Bond leads the police through a chase on the strip of Vegas Ford Mustang (DAF)
    • - Bond rolls and flips for Scaramanga in an AMC Hornet (TMWTGG)
    • - Bond races to a circus in an Alfa Romeo GTV6 (OP)
    • - Bond cruises into Cuba in a Ford Fairlane (DAD)

Pretty easy one for me, there: easily the coolest car on that list is the Alfa GTV6. Luckily it also gets to show off some of the best precision driving in a Bond film as a bonus- it's a lovely sexy little thing.

@mtm please respond to my PM.
    I love all of them, but I'll go with the Alfa Romeo.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Gerard wrote: »

But you are forgetting the gadget on that car. It's tyre's squeal even on sandy beaches. ;)
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    AMC Hornet.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited June 2020 Posts: 3,262
    Spottiswoode's direction resulted in a film that was the closest the Brosnan era came to having a solid John Glen-style entry. It's very workmanlike but the thing about that is that it works.

Agreed. TND is the most Moore-era like entry of the post-Moore era.

As for this round,

Bond leads the police through a chase on the strip of Vegas Ford Mustang (DAF)

and

Bond cruises into Cuba in a Ford Fairlane (DAD) battle it out for me.

I like the idea of Bond getting in touch with his inner Bullitt and racing around a major Western US city in the Mustang. However, DAD is so unloved and that Fairlane bit combined with Arnold's music makes for a scene that even the harshest critic of the 2002 Bond film can enjoy. Therefore, I vote for:

Bond cruises into Cuba in a Ford Fairlane (DAD)

with honorable mention to the unnominated red Lotus Bond drives in Cortina in FYEO.
    Good about DAD not getting any love. That scene strikes a cord with me too! The way Pierce looks driving and the music is really a nice scene. I think you have inspired me to vote for this too!

Bond cruises into Cuba in a Ford Fairlane (DAD)

Lest the academy squawk about me voting, since I didn't have any thing to do with the nominees I am allowed to vote! :)

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'm going to go with the Alfa Romeo GTV6 as it's a fabulous car. Though the Sunbeam Alpine , Ford Fairlane and Mustang Mach 1 all make very good impressions too. Never been a fan of the AMC Hornet, except for it's infamous role in TMWTGG.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2020 Posts: 4,459
    If we have been aloud to vote for another car from DAF i vote for..

BMT216A673.jpg

Diamonds-yms-012-1024x768.jpg

Whyle of course it be dificult to see it without where it be used. But it small, you can use it for some air and have some astin and bmw look.

I have voted for DAF if it have been scenes with it, now i vote for Octopussy car..
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Other nice options are the Audi 200 from LTD and the Range Rover from OP, maybe even the Range Rover Sport from QoS if you like those.
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    Alfa Romeo GTV6

Great car.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland

I also vote for this underdog. I simply like the look.
    Thanks @jobo :)

@mtm and @M_Balje There were definitely other options of course, but I tried to keep things a bit diverse and up for debate.
    Controversy is always a good thing for the awards @GoldenGun it shows that people care! :)

Nice thought @M_Balje now that you mention it DAF has some nice cars from the 70's in it.
    I think I would look cool in an AMC Hornet. Not really a Bondian car, but a cool car nonetheless.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    As a proud race of feathered flyers, the DRP love to see Bond take the short cut. Our vote goes to AMC Hornet

2-F6-D4-FD6-1-A54-48-E8-AE23-1-C4-EF2-FD3-C77.gif