No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Well, this is interesting. Seemed inevitable. Wonder what date it'll move to. Edit: Looks like Wonder Woman is moving as well.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/christopher-nolan-tenet-delayed-coronavirus-1234576169/

I wonder if they're going to use the Inception anniversary as a minor gauge to see how many people are willing to go to theatres?

Allegedly, Tenet is a sort of sequel to Inception.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    FoxRox wrote: »
    If tenet is successful they should push up the release of NTTD

I have my doubts we're going to end up getting any major new releases in 2020, but I completely get what you're saying. Of course, even if Tenet does release on time and does well, it's highly unlikely NTTD will be moved up. It would be nice though to finally get NTTD released and done without worrying about another wave of the virus later in the year.

I don't know how they are going to release tenet when most people are even scared of leaving their home.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited June 2020 Posts: 4,247
    To save myself the stress of aching for Bond fever & excitement, I've already shifted my gaze towards early 2021....but if it still comes out By November, Awesome!. But at the moment, November is looking like a Tentative release date that's giving us something to look forward to, to avoid being in Limbo.
  • RedNineRedNine Poland
    I don't know how they are going to release tenet when most people are even scared of leaving their home.
    Umm, I don't know about that. US and UK have people marching on the streets side by side, people in other countries waiting for stuff to open so they can go back. In Poland we had most restrictions lifted or be less intrusive and there are a lot of people in restaurants, shopping malls etc. Depends on the country I guess

I have my doubts we're going to end up getting any major new releases in 2020, but I completely get what you're saying. Of course, even if Tenet does release on time and does well, it's highly unlikely NTTD will be moved up. It would be nice though to finally get NTTD released and done without worrying about another wave of the virus later in the year.

Depends on the country one lives in.
    In most parts of Europe the life on the streets doesn't look that much different to early march.
    I've been to the cinema seven times already since mid-May.
    RedNine wrote: »
    Umm, I don't know about that. US and UK have people marching on the streets side by side, people in other countries waiting for stuff to open so they can go back. In Poland we had most restrictions lifted or be less intrusive and there are a lot of people in restaurants, shopping malls etc. Depends on the country I guess

Yes same thing is happening here in India but who knows? Restrictions have been lifted but will most people go to theatre's to risk it?
    Jan1985 wrote: »

Depends on the country one lives in.
    In most parts of Europe the life on the streets doesn't look that much different to early march.
    I've been to the cinema seven times already since mid-May.

Then you are braver than i am. Hope things get's better soon so we can all enjoy NTTD come November. We will find out next month if there is going to be another delay or not.
    I ordered the book 'The Making of No Time to Die' back in March and just got email of a revised delivery date of Dec 2nd 2020!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    So they're still making it I guess. I should order that myself.
  • I don't know how they are going to release tenet when most people are even scared of leaving their home.

I'm not scared of leaving my home. I'll be going to the cinema as soon as possible when they re-open in the UK.
  • It’s inevitable NTTD will move again. We will probably be looking at April 21.

Please don't tempt fate even more than necessary. ☹️
  • No Time To Die delay is unavoidable. It is its destiny...
  • Really? November is still quite a long time away from now. Things might hopefully get a lot better between now and then. Let's try and be positive around here.

If you're happy to wait 2 more years for NTTD and then 3 - 5 years after that for Bond 26, be my guest.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    edited June 2020 Posts: 565
    Could the scheduled release of the Behind the Scenes of No Time To Die in November signal that they are pressing forward with November as a release date no matter what?
    Yes.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 2020 Posts: 5,869
    I’m so excited for this film - whatever happens.
  • RedNineRedNine Poland
    seems like they are not delaying the movie... for now
    Brought forward a week in the US - was Nov 25
    edited June 2020 Posts: 2,541

I'm not scared of leaving my home. I'll be going to the cinema as soon as possible when they re-open in the UK.

As i said you people are braver than me ;)
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 97
    No Time To Die delay is unavoidable. It is its destiny...
    No, it isn't.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    RedNine wrote: »
    seems like they are not delaying the movie... for now

New still with Q
  • Meh.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    So NTTD took the Godzilla vs Kong release date. The film basically won’t face any competition for an entire month in the US.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    matt_u wrote: »
    So NTTD took the Godzilla vs Kong release date. The film basically won’t face any competition for an entire month in the US.

It’s biggest competition is and will always be Coronavirus and the public fear of it.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

It’s biggest competition is and will always be Coronavirus and the public fear of it.

Obviously... but an entire month only for NTTD it is still a good thing especially since theaters will be open with some restrictions. Plus, other blockbusters will come out before Bond so EoN/MGM will have a better idea regarding the performance of big movies throughout such a difficult time. Everything’s possible as for now especially because we genuinely have no idea how things will be next autumn/winter.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    As part of EMS I've had contact with several people who have had it, including two of the guys that I work with. Fortunately they had no complications. I work in very close quarters with these Firefighters; we eat at the same table, use the same kitchen and operate in a closed cab vehicle. As of this week I've taken multiple COVID tests, including two anti-body test; all have been negative.
    I plan on being in the theater on the first night. Its one thing to be cautious, it's another to be petrified. the world cannot wait for a vaccine in order to restore some degree of normalcy.
    From numerous doctors that I've talked to, as well as experience, my advice, wash or disinfect your hands frequently, do not touch your face ; that was a hard one. wear a mask if you choose and live a healthy lifestyle to keep you immune system strong. Vitamin D3 , ZINC and C are supplements that have shown effectiveness.
    I'm happy to see my city coming back to life and I'm looking forward to seeing NTTD , in a theater this November.
  • The_Return wrote: »
    No Time To Die delay is unavoidable. It is its destiny...
    No, it isn't.
    Oh! That's a relief.

No match for Bond.

No match for Bond.

Umm... I like the optimism, but as history has recently shown us:

Coronavirus: 1
    Bond: 0
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Phenomenal.
    talos7 wrote: »
    As part of EMS I've had contact with several people who have had it, including two of the guys that I work with. Fortunately they had no complications. I work in very close quarters with these Firefighters; we eat at the same table, use the same kitchen and operate in a closed cab vehicle. As of this week I've taken multiple COVID tests, including two anti-body test; all have been negative.
    I plan on being in the theater on the first night. Its one thing to be cautious, it's another to be petrified. the world cannot wait for a vaccine in order to restore some degree of normalcy.
    From numerous doctors that I've talked to, as well as experience, my advice, wash or disinfect your hands frequently, do not touch your face ; that was a hard one. wear a mask if you choose and live a healthy lifestyle to keep you immune system strong. Vitamin D3 , ZINC and C are supplements that have shown effectiveness.
    I'm happy to see my city coming back to life and I'm looking forward to seeing NTTD , in a theater this November.

It's being managed over time. Risk management. What we do.

Bond hasn't entered the game yet.

jfpfn60flovnjqzqijob.gif