And the Bondie and Klebbie for PTS in the Lazenby/Dalton films...page 133

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2020 Posts: 14,945
    Can I please write-in the wine drinker from, like, three films in a row during Roger Moore's tenure?

Yeah he's the most notable non-speaker isn't he? I'm afraid I'm a massive Bond fan and I'm not even familiar with a couple of those on the list of nominations.
    Does Smithers get any lines? I feel like he might.

But I'd have to go with the Goldfinger granny- that's a very funny joke.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The Bottoms Up waitress. What an outstanding waitress she was.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited June 2020 Posts: 6,782
    Krilencu says about one word in Bulgarian. Does he count?
    And good old Vargas doesn't say much either I think...
    Ooh and that dancing grandpa at Felix's wedding in LTK :))
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    I watched TB two days ago and I was surprised that Vargas talked in two scenes.
    My vote goes to the old gate keeper from GF except someone comes up with an even better suggestion.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    What about the supervisor in TLD who disappears in Rosika Miklosz's bosom while his display "lights up like Christmas tree"?

I'll write him in as well. He motorboated those funbags like a champ.
    Patrice doesn't say a single word in Skyfall. But I suppose his role is too big to count?
    My vote goes to the old lady with a submachine gun in GF as well. A big surprise for Bond.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I guess Oddjob isn't exactly chatty, but you couldn't really call him a minor character! :)

And no, you can't have Jaws! Maybe Sandor though..? Or Chang?
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    jobo wrote: »
    Patrice doesn't say a single word in Skyfall. But I suppose his role is too big to count?

There's something about Patrice I love. I think he kind of represents Bond's equal, or parallel, on the opposite side of morality. A silent secret agent, a professional doing a job. I think this is especially well illustrated in Shanghai, where they're fighting as silhouettes, and it is (deliberately, IMO) hard to tell them apart.

He'd get my vote if it were allowed.
    mtm wrote: »
    I guess Oddjob isn't exactly chatty, but you couldn't really call him a minor character! :)

But Sandor not only speaks, remember. He yells! ;)

There's something about Patrice I love. I think he kind of represents Bond's equal, or parallel, on the opposite side of morality. A silent secret agent, a professional doing a job. I think this is especially well illustrated in Shanghai, where they're fighting as silhouettes, and it is (deliberately, IMO) hard to tell them apart.

He'd get my vote if it were allowed.

I sure agree.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    mtm wrote: »

But Sandor not only speaks, remember. He yells! ;)

Does he? I forget.
    Patrice screams himself!
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Yes for this category I decided to have really minor parts. I like the ones that never speak as their actions are all we have to remember them by. I don't know whose idea to have the little person janitor but I always get a kick when I hear him whistling while he works.

It is surprising how many characters with many scenes don't talk or aren't very chatty. Many have been named here. I would add Hinx to the list I believe he only utters one word. I suppose I could have added Tula for her break through performance in FYEO.

Looks like the little old lady has been the most memorable. Yes @Max_The_Parrot has provided me with nominees for a best animal in a Bond film. Seems he's slightly biased though! :)
    I can't remember the guy's name, but does the drunk from TSWLM, MR, and FYEO count? If so he gets my vote!
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    The janitor in OHMSS gets my vote. Nice subtle nod.
  • Agent_47Agent_47 Canada
    I would like to nominate that guy dancing at Puss-Fellers club in Dr. No. We all know the one I'm talking about.
    thedove wrote: »
    Yes for this category I decided to have really minor parts. I like the ones that never speak as their actions are all we have to remember them by. I don't know whose idea to have the little person janitor but I always get a kick when I hear him whistling while he works.

It is surprising how many characters with many scenes don't talk or aren't very chatty. Many have been named here. I would add Hinx to the list I believe he only utters one word. I suppose I could have added Tula for her break through performance in FYEO.

Looks like the little old lady has been the most memorable. Yes @Max_The_Parrot has provided me with nominees for a best animal in a Bond film. Seems he's slightly biased though! :)

If I don´t remember incorrectly, Peter Hunt stated in a documentary that it was his idea with the janitor. It seems like his kind of humor.
    The guy who always runs into Bond when in Italy and checks his bottle.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    The Bottoms Up waitress. What an outstanding waitress she was.

Oh my, yes, I would vote for her. In fact, I may just vote for her in every category until she wins something! 😍
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    edited June 2020 Posts: 2,426
    With that said, the DRP have unanimously, on threat of withdrawal of all pistachio privileges, voted for Bottoms Up Waitress .... however if this nomination is not allowed we will reluctantly change it to Gun-happy Grannie
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    I can't remember the guy's name, but does the drunk from TSWLM, MR, and FYEO count? If so he gets my vote!

The guy's name is Victor Tourjansky (jr.), but is he supposed to be the same character in all three films?
    Max can continue to enjoy pistachio's! His vote for the waitress is allowed. I believe this waitress was featured by Mr. Binder in the opening titles of the movie.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    A senior, curtsey from a gatekeeper guns down Bond from GF
    The Ying and Yang of her character always makes me laugh :-).
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    I cast a write in vote for

the gentleman with the bottle(TSWLM/MR/FYEO) played by Victor Tourjansky Jr.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    I'll stick with the original nominees and go with Count Prince Miller and his awesome dance moves in DN. He was famous in Jamaica for his hit song Mule Train. Just passed in the last year or so as well.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    A vertically challenged janitor whistles while he works from OHMSS
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Can we also vote for the double-taking pigeon?
    @j_w_pepper it's coming up shortly in the Bondie for best animal appearance in a Bond film. I've got some crackers lined up in that one. :)
  • marcmarc Universal Exports
    edited June 2020 Posts: 2,609
    Only Max the Parrot could beat Blofeld's cat there
    (pistachio withdrawal threat considered)
    thedove wrote: »
    @j_w_pepper it's coming up shortly in the Bondie for best animal appearance in a Bond film. I've got some crackers lined up in that one. :)

Looking forward to that! ;))

My vote in this one goes to the lady in Goldfinger. Even Alfred Hitchcock was a fan. Who am I to argue with him?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2020 Posts: 14,945
    marc wrote: »
    Only Max the Parrot could beat Blofeld's cat there
    (pistachio withdrawal threat considered)

Is he the only animal to appear in more than one Bond movie too? That'd be a good trivia question! :)