The Youtube Thread

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Dude. No Snake. No OO7.

NeedyDisastrousIndianabat-size_restricted.gif

1Uml.gif
    tenor.gif?itemid=14842047

And no mention of The Wave (2015) featuring Norway. I still need to see that one.

The Wave (Bølgen) is awesome. The follow-up The Quake (Skjelvet) is even better.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    This was an interesting take. I might just try it myself.

• PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2020 Posts: 23,407

Forgiveness
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Nice moment of forgiveness, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns.

"This Too Shall Pass", Mike Love. [John Stamos on drums--I LOVE that guy in NEVER TOO YOUNG TO DIE!]
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I am a big fan of the All Star Superman graphic novel @RichardTheBruce
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I am a big fan of the All Star Superman graphic novel @RichardTheBruce

It was originally a 12 issue run (I still have most of those). I bought the Absolute Edition. It's an oversized hardcover, with a slipcase, printed on beautiful paper. Really worth checking out.

The only version I have is on Kindle, I gave all my comics and graphic novels away years ago. My Kindle collection is decent though, my phone is not far off being the size of a tablet so easy to read from.

I will have a look online just to see what the Absolute Edition looks like.
    30 years ago today.....

Best final episode of any series. Ever.
  • Agent_OneAgent_One Ireland
    edited May 2020 Posts: 280
    Birdleson wrote: »
    To add, I watched the clip itself (Sans Dyson) and enjoyed it. I’m quitting Calvin’s review pretty early on, in that he’s taking kind of a droll and doubtful approach going in. The misses the spirit of the exercise. No I’ve is trying to pass this off as something that could stand up to the slightest scrutiny.
    The narrator describes it as a "perfect chronology" multiple times. They unironically think it makes sense when it clearly doesn't.
    edited June 2020 Posts: 3,262
    Quentin Tarantino's favorite secret agent film supposedly is this Eurospy feature from 1966:

And the trailer for it:

It has a lot in common with Moonraker, detailed in this article:

http://bondfanevents.com/wild-script-kiss-the-girls-and-make-them-moonraker/
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Quentin Tarantino's favorite secret agent film supposedly is this Eurospy feature from 1966:

And the trailer for it:

I got about halfway through: I will keep going I think but it is like watching a weird stream of consciousness. A plot is nearly coming into focus this far in but it's not quite there yet! Lots of funky little spy ideas though.
    :D

This is really rather lovely; a piano version of A View To Kill which really shows off how beautifully and clever the chords are:

mtm wrote: »

And the trailer for it:

I got about halfway through: I will keep going I think but it is like watching a weird stream of consciousness. A plot is nearly coming into focus this far in but it's not quite there yet! Lots of funky little spy ideas though.

It's pace is a bit languid but the locations and the cast make it worth watching. It's like if The Man From UNCLE tv series was shot in Brazil with a higher budget. As far as Eurospy films go I'd say it's better than OK Connery aka Operation Kid Brother:

but not as good as the best one IMHO which is Deadlier Than The Male:

This is really rather lovely; a piano version of A View To Kill which really shows off how beautifully and clever the chords are:

John Barry was definitely the true hero of AVTAK.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2020 Posts: 14,990

And the trailer for it:

It's pace is a bit languid but the locations and the cast make it worth watching. It's like if The Man From UNCLE tv series was shot in Brazil with a higher budget. As far as Eurospy films go I'd say it's better than OK Connery aka Operation Kid Brother:

Ah great; yeah I did give Kid Brother a try a few months ago but I ended up thinking there are better uses for my time! :) I'll give 'Deadlier' a go though, thanks!
    How is it compared to Danger Diabolik? I rather enjoyed that one :) A superhero spy movie- they should definitely try that again now!

• mtmmtm United Kingdom

And the trailer for it:

Ah great; yeah I did give Kid Brother a try a few months ago but I ended up thinking there are better uses for my time! :) I'll give 'Deadlier' a go though, thanks!
    How is it compared to Danger Diabolik? I rather enjoyed that one :) A superhero spy movie- they should definitely try that again now!

How funny: not sure if you're in the UK but Danger Diabolik is on Film4 tonight :)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    *someone mentions Deadlier Than The Male*

Me:
    AnchoredGraciousBarb-size_restricted.gif

DTTM is my honourary Bond film.
    *someone mentions Deadlier Than The Male*

Me:
    AnchoredGraciousBarb-size_restricted.gif

DTTM is my honourary Bond film.

@MajorDSmythe Indeed. Have you seen this one Major?

It's not as good as Deadlier Than The Male but better than Some Girls Do IMHO.