R.I.P. A Final Farewell To Members Of The James Bond Family

Comments

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    She also was in German monumental historic movie "A struggle for Rome" co-starring with Laurence Harvey, Harriet Anderson and Orson Welles.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 5,808
    And one episode of Midsommer Murders as well, as the victim. She really got around in her acting career. She was also a singer :

I had that record, but I lost it since then.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    She seemed like a really wonderful person. What a long and full life she lived.

Immortalised in one of the best and iconic films of the series.

R.I.P x
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    RIP Pussy, legendary in every way. She will live on in our Bond hearts forever.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    RIP Pussy. I cannot find the words...
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Sad news to see today. Honor embraced the role and made you believe in Pussy Galore. In lesser hands it would have become a joke but she added some depth to the character. Great chemistry with her and Connery.

She was a talented actress who had a wide range of roles through out her career. While I am not a fan of Dagger of the Mind in Columbo as an overall episode she is not a weak link in that show.

RIP Honor you were a woman of many parts!
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    sean-connery-and-honor-blackman-in-keystone-france.jpg

honour2_2316083b.jpg

410279102.jpg

XGJFFm1.jpg
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 533
    Wow! I think I'm more shocked by her age, if I must be honest. I've only seen her in "The Avengers", "A Night to Remember" and "Goldfinger". R.I.P. Ms. Blackman.

R.I.P. Max Von Sydow great actor I recently watched him in the film The Night Visitor 1971.

I first saw him in The Seventh Seal his output of films is quite incredible from the The Exorcist to Flash Gordon, Conan the Barbarian (one of my favorite films) to The Minority Report a true legend.

Okay, this news really caught me by surprise. I had no idea that he had passed away nearly a month ago. I've been so focused on the coronavirus news. R.I.P. Mr. Von Sydow.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    zebrafish wrote: »
    sean-connery-and-honor-blackman-in-keystone-france.jpg

honour2_2316083b.jpg

410279102.jpg

XGJFFm1.jpg

Great photos. RIP Honor.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 11,425
    Very sad. One of my favourite Bond characters. She is such a key part of what makes GF great. Connery never really had that same chemistry with anyone else as Bond.

Some of the scenes are a bit iffy when watched these days, namely the "conversion" sequence. But Blackman was definitely not a Bond "girl". She comes across as tougher and more independent than almost any female character before or since.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    She is also was seen in the 007th episode of The Saint with Roger Moore and whyle Diana Rigg get more fame Honor Blackman was the first one next to Patrick Macnee in The Avengers. RIP.
    Honor Blackman managed to be simultaneously glamorous and tough--something very few actors are capable of. She was also played a far more vivid character than Fleming's original, which is again rare. Her BBC obit mentions that in 1964 she was the oldest "Bond girl," being 39, and that her later film career was stymied by the usual prejudice against older woman. That was our loss.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I only watched Goldfinger this past week, and am always reminded why Honor Blackman is one of the most memorable Bond girls.
    Because she deserves it. It's not just the name Pussy Galore, she illuminates the screen with her presence. Beautiful, captivating and strong. Great chemistry between her and Connery.
    I also recently viewed one of her last acting credits, Cockneys versus Zombies.
    A film that is so bad it's good. Honor of course was still highly watchable, especially brandishing a machine gun!
    RIP to the one and only Honor Blackman.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    RIP Honor Blackman. A true legend, thank you for the memories and entertainment through your performances. We will continue to be entertained and get joy from your lasting legacy that you leave.
  • BibiBibi Washington
    One of the best Bond Girls, sad to hear of her passing.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 12
    Beautiful British mistress.

RIP Pussy.....
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Damn. R.I.P. Honor Blackman.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Rip Pussy Galore. You will be missed. :(
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 338
    So sad, RIP to the best Bond girl, with the best taste in watches
    Learned yesterday about Honor Blackman. Sad news. Strange to imagine a Bond girl reaching her nineties.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    I had no idea until reading one of the obituaries that Honor Blackman filmed all her scenes in England -- she said far from being flown out to exotic locations, the furthest she got to travel was RAF Northolt!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    RIP Pussy galore :( , always enjoy watching her.
    RIP, Max von Sydow and Honor Blackman
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 7,500
    RIP Pussy Galore!
    Enjor the peace and quiet on your private Island. No trespassing!
    Honor Blackman a gentlelady if there ever was one, may she rest in piece.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Really saddened to hear this news. Ms. Blackman seemed like a very nice lady and was terrific in Goldfinger. She was also very enjoyable as a murderous stage actress in the Columbo episode Dagger of the Mind. I've not seen her work in The Avengers but I look forward to correcting that mistake.

Max Von Sydow was a fine actor, as well, and he made a positive impression as Blofeld in NSNA. He could've played the role in a more substantial capacity, for sure.
    I rewatched Pussy Galore's introduction in Goldfinger and I paid a lot of attention on how she played. It struck me how masterfully and very subtly she revealed layers of her character: her lesbianism, her attraction to Bond, her moral reluctance towards Goldfinger's plan. All this through the expressions of her face. GF is not my favourite Bond film, or even my favourite Connery Bond movie, but I'm wondering if Blackman was not the best actress to play a Bond girl in the Connery era.
    RIP Honor Blackman. Words fail me for such an iconic lady. Sleep well Pussy!
    Sorry if posted before....

• DwayneDwayne New York City
    Ronan O'Rahilly has died.

I debated where to post it here or in the general R.I.P thread. But given his “influence” on the series I think it’s appropriate for it to go here.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-essex-52362113