The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just noticed next transfer deadline is March 20th even though there won't be a game in GW31. I have two transfers again as GW30 deadline passed, so I am guessing if I don't use a transfer by 1900 on March 20th I will lose a transfer?
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 17,241
    Just noticed next transfer deadline is March 20th even though there won't be a game in GW31. I have two transfers again as GW30 deadline passed, so I am guessing if I don't use a transfer by 1900 on March 20th I will lose a transfer?

Yes, that seems to be the case (this tweet is from yesterday):

I now have two free transfers available as well, and I might use one of them to bring in a player I could use going forward. Obviously we don't know how the rest of the season will look like now, so I really don't know how to approach any transfer decisions.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2020 Posts: 23,102

I now have two free transfers available as well, and I might use one of them to bring in a player I could use going forward. Obviously we don't know how the rest of the season will look like now, so I really don't know how to approach any transfer decisions.

True though despite the current climate FPL is a current distraction, and spending a few hours looking at how to reshape my team will use up time, I really am bored stuck in doors lol

True though despite the current climate FPL is a current distraction, and spending a few hours looking at how to reshape my team will use up time, I really am bored stuck in doors lol

It's a great distraction, so I will no doubt spend a few hour myself doing a bit of planning! I guess Fantasy Football Scout will continue publishing some content while this is going on, so that might be work keeping an eye out for.

It's a great distraction, so I will no doubt spend a few hour myself doing a bit of planning! I guess Fantasy Football Scout will continue publishing some content while this is going on, so that might be work keeping an eye out for.

Yeah a few FPL channels I follow on Youtube have been posting videos, even if its just random football chat its better than nothing.

Yeah a few FPL channels I follow on Youtube have been posting videos, even if its just random football chat its better than nothing.

It certainly is. I guess we might see a bit less content, but the channels that put out the most content will probably find some stuff to talk about; maybe chip strategies if we get more double gameweeks etc.
    Just used my two free transfers before Fridays deadline, I am kinda planning for April 18th on a hunch, I have got Deeney and Calvert Lewin in, replacing Ings and Vardy, got 4.2m in bank to improve my keeper situation later for the Bench Boost Chip.

Starts at 2:00
    Just used my two free transfers before Fridays deadline, I am kinda planning for April 18th on a hunch, I have got Deeney and Calvert Lewin in, replacing Ings and Vardy, got 4.2m in bank to improve my keeper situation later for the Bench Boost Chip.

Looks like decent moves! I will have to make a transfer before the upcoming deadline, but I have still no idea what to do…

I was just about to give this a watch. Will be interesting to see how much content Fantasy Football Scout and others are able to make with the league postponed even further.

Looks like decent moves! I will have to make a transfer before the upcoming deadline, but I have still no idea what to do…

I was just about to give this a watch. Will be interesting to see how much content Fantasy Football Scout and others are able to make with the league postponed even further.

YouTube has been a blessing keeping me engaged in other things that are a distraction, I watch the main update on the state of things globally at the end of the day that's it.

Regarding moves its gives us the opportunity to reshape team if needed, though I will likely transfer someone in to transfer out in few weeks to use transfers up :))

Seriously though I wonder if FPL will change things and provisionally have all the time up to end of April as one GW.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 17,241

YouTube has been a blessing keeping me engaged in other things that are a distraction, I watch the main update on the state of things globally at the end of the day that's it.

Regarding moves its gives us the opportunity to reshape team if needed, though I will likely transfer someone in to transfer out in few weeks to use transfers up :))

Seriously though I wonder if FPL will change things and provisionally have all the time up to end of April as one GW.

Same here; new and old content is great right now, on Youtube and elsewhere.

I too wonder if FPL will look at changing things, or if it's difficult to do so in the middle of the season. The best thing for us all to do as far as FPL goes, is to do as little as possible while awaiting news (the occasional transfer aside, if needed).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    La Liga's 2 weeks suspension has just been extended indefinitely. Is this what to expect from other leagues across Europe?
    La Liga's 2 weeks suspension has just been extended indefinitely. Is this what to expect from other leagues across Europe?

Would think so. PL is only to resume in May, but I wouldn't be surprise to see them do the same as La Liga.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 23,102
    Used my free transfer to get Henderson in, now I have two playing keepers for bench boost.

How latest fixture postponements will affect FPL
    https://www.premierleague.com/news/1646851
    Deadlines...
    GW31 - Fri 20 Mar 19:00 GMT
    GW32 - Sat 4 Apr 11:30 BST
    GW33 - Fri 10 Apr 19:00 BST
    GW34 - Sat 18 Apr 11:30 BST
    GW35 - Sat 25 Apr 11:30 BST

Technically now would be the international break.
    Used my free transfer to get Henderson in, now I have two playing keepers for bench boost.

Deadlines...

I forgot the last gameweek deadline, and burned a transfer as a result of it (and gained a little bit of rank). Might have a look at the team and do a transfer before the Saturday deadline.

Deadlines...

I forgot the last gameweek deadline, and burned a transfer as a result of it (and gained a little bit of rank). Might have a look at the team and do a transfer before the Saturday deadline.

All the moves I make may prove pointless, though for now I am assuming FPL is still on going :)

Deadlines...

All the moves I make may prove pointless, though for now I am assuming FPL is still on going :)

I do feel the same re. transfers. I won't do any big changes to my team in this period, because we don't know how the rest of the season will look like. We also don't know what kind of form the teams are in when all this is over, and as there's been such a long gap between games, you can't really trust all the stats either…

Deadlines...

I do feel the same re. transfers. I won't do any big changes to my team in this period, because we don't know how the rest of the season will look like. We also don't know what kind of form the teams are in when all this is over, and as there's been such a long gap between games, you can't really trust all the stats either…

True my tweeks are really to use a bench boost soon as a GW happens, then that chip is done. It's blind planning though gives me something FPL related to focus on.

Deadlines...

True my tweeks are really to use a bench boost soon as a GW happens, then that chip is done. It's blind planning though gives me something FPL related to focus on.

Blind planning is better than no planning! I think my strategy (if I can even call it that), is to look at which transfers I would have made before the PL postponement, do those transfers (or maybe a couple of them), and make sure to have two free transfers when it all kicks off again.

Deadlines...

Blind planning is better than no planning! I think my strategy (if I can even call it that), is to look at which transfers I would have made before the PL postponement, do those transfers (or maybe a couple of them), and make sure to have two free transfers when it all kicks off again.

I suppose with so many transfers available, we could plan for provisional restarts then re plan when/if dates are moved again.

Deadlines...

I suppose with so many transfers available, we could plan for provisional restarts then re plan when/if dates are moved again.

Yes, it's tricky, but possible. We can target the gameweeks that are still scheduled (36-38). The question is, how will these postponed fixtures be rescheduled?

Hadn't noticed Fantasy Football Scout had released a new video. Thanks!

They are the only one on my subscription list keeping going, it keeps interest ticking over.

They are the only one on my subscription list keeping going, it keeps interest ticking over.

I think they are one of few channels (and sites) that have a few people working for it full-time/part-time, so they no doubt have a reason to keep providing content during this period.

I think they are one of few channels (and sites) that have a few people working for it full-time/part-time, so they no doubt have a reason to keep providing content during this period.

I recall Andy saying he was now full time and left his previous job working with Electronic Arts.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 17,241

I recall Andy saying he was now full time and left his previous job working with Electronic Arts.

I remember that. Quite the step going from Electronic Arts to a full-time FPL content provider! I imagine fantasyfootballscout.co.uk makes quite a bit of money from their subscription service.

I remember that. Quite the step going from Electronic Arts to a full-time FPL content provider!

Football Scout is great I only watch the videos not bothered with the site/ discourd etc. I like info though not too much info, rather not have my mind cluttered with too many other opinions lol

I remember that. Quite the step going from Electronic Arts to a full-time FPL content provider!

Football Scout is great I only watch the videos not bothered with the site/ discourd etc. I like info though not too much info, rather not have my mind cluttered with too many other opinions lol

Hahaha, I like to keep it simple too! I might try the subscription service at some point, depending on if the first prize in the money league I'm in will be increased. For this season, each manager chipped in around £10 each, with a monthly and overall winner prize.
    Just got Rashford back in as he is due back May 17th, if this season does at some point resume he could do well if he recapture his previous form.