Do you have any concerns or niggles about NTTD ,or are you full of confidence ?

Comments

• I wish we could see the actual numbers. How much $ are they out after each delay? This is easily the worst delay for the film yet. The amount of money spent they should just sell the streaming rights to Netflix and be done with it.
    Willing to bet if there’s no resolution in November it goes direct to video/Netflix. The film somewhat has that look anyway.

You think after 5 years anybody is going to remember bond and swann still together right after Spectre. I doubt it.

February was the time to push and get it released and Eon blew it.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Willing to bet if there’s no resolution in November it goes direct to video/Netflix. The film somewhat has that look anyway.

I'm sorry, what?

I'm sorry, what?

It looks high quality, almolst too high definition for a bond film similar to what we see on video/Netflix.

Anything’s possible at this point. Eon might write it off and just release it direct if November doesn’t work.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified

I'm sorry, what?

It looks high quality, almolst too high definition for a bond film similar to what we see on video/Netflix.

Anything’s possible at this point. Eon might write it off and just release it direct if November doesn’t work.

I swear I was having this similar thought an hour ago! “I wonder if NTTD would be released via Netflix and then get a re-release in theaters next year.” I sincerely hope it doesn’t and it’s the worst case scenario but, I don’t know, anything is possible at this point.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I'd almost be fine with a digital release. Cheaper, can host a big James Bond party at my house with exclusively the people I want to be there, no one on their phones, throwing popcorn around, etc.

They should just do this in April.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 7,526
    RC7 wrote: »
    It’s not going to be on Netflix. Quit the.

I wasn't necessarily suggesting Netflix, and I was just stating a thought, there's no need to be so aggressive.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I'd take it over the delay.

Me too, at this point. I love going to the movie theatre but a 13 months delay is unbearable for me.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 1,395

Relax. Any suggestion is good other than: 'delay again'.
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2020 Posts: 10,512

I wasn't necessarily suggesting Netflix, and I was just stating a thought, there's no need to be so aggressive.

My comment was referring to Tuck, who’s just a miserable sod.
    Such a stupid move. Almost certainly only done to maximize profits. This will take a long time to get over.
  • Daniel316Daniel316 United States
    I'm curious but would this new move mean they'd have to spend money advertising the movie again?
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I am very confident in NTTD now that it has been delayed four times because the producers are truly inept
    edited March 2020 Posts: 7,526
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Such a stupid move. Almost certainly only done to maximize profits. This will take a long time to get over.

Of course it is! Bond films are a business above all else. Every single decision made regarding any Bond film is done literally to maximize profits.
    They’ve never suggested otherwise.
  • FoxRox wrote: »

Of course it is! Bond films are a business above all else. Every single decision made regarding any Bond film is done literally to maximize profits.
    They’ve never suggested otherwise.

Yes, I can completely understand it from a financial position. In terms of health risk in the UK I don't think it was necessary, although the premiere may have been an issue. It's a pure $ decision, and at that the end of the day that's what it's about from the producers and studios' perspective.
    Wouldn't surprise me if between now and November, the release is changed to direct to Blu-ray/digital, DVD, etc.
  • ToTheRight wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me if between now and November, the release is changed to direct to Blu-ray/digital, DVD, etc.

This won't happen, they might as well release it theatrically now if they were going to do that.
    If they would have pushed a bit harder February would’ve been perfect. This could’ve easily been avoided
    Because they should've been clairvoyant too, right?
    Univex wrote: »
    Because they should've been clairvoyant too, right?

Exactly. Those idiots!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    If they would have pushed a bit harder February would’ve been perfect. This could’ve easily been avoided

You keep saying the same thing, Tuck. Over n over.

CF wanted to write the new script based off of something P&W had written (trust me it was very close to a page one), and; he then had great polishers like PWB and SB to finish his re-write.

After scrapping the first director, and his script, a new movie doesn't just materialize! And by Cary's own words, re-writes were on-going until the end. So, no, they couldn't meet the Feb deadline.

Think about it: this film was ready for a launch in April, but they were tweaking the script up to the very end... How in Dog's name would you ever think they'd be ready for a Feb release?? Or, another question: what quality of a film did you want to see?
    I fear you are wasting your valuable time, @peter.
    peter wrote: »

You keep saying the same thing, Tuck. Over n over.

CF wanted to write the new script based off of something P&W had written (trust me it was very close to a page one), and; he then had great polishers like PWB and SB to finish his re-write.

After scrapping the first director, and his script, a new movie doesn't just materialize! And by Cary's own words, re-writes were on-going until the end. So, no, they couldn't meet the Feb deadline.

Think about it: this film was ready for a launch in April, but they were tweaking the script up to the very end... How in Dog's name would you ever think they'd be ready for a Feb release?? Or, another question: what quality of a film did you want to see?

Yes out of frustration.
    They announced Fukunaga in September 2018 and had a firm February 2020 release date. we somewhat expected the delay after Boyle was fired. Why announce February?

Then we get the delay to April due to better box office return or time slot.

From September 2018 until April 2019 they surely had time to get things in order with all the writers they hired.

They also should’ve had more in place in the event Boyle didn’t workout.

It’s as if they didn’t start any work at all on this film until March/April 2018
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    im very curious what will they do with all this time. I imagine the script will change some.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Honestly, I can wait.
  • And wait we shall.
    So in October as we are anxiously awaiting the release, what's the next event that will delay the film yet again?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I fear you are wasting your valuable time, @peter.

ugh @CraigMooreOHMSS ... ugh
  • OOWolfOOWolf Savannah
    To be perfectly honest, this isn't too gut wrenching for me, simply because of 'SPECTRE.' That film to me is such a cringe worthy abomination that I struggled to get through it a second time. Since I find it to be that bad, a part of me doesn't want to be that disappointed again.
  • OOWolfOOWolf Savannah
    What if there's another outbreak of Corona in November when the weather gets colder again!?

Right?!