Do you have any concerns or niggles about NTTD ,or are you full of confidence ?

Comments

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Inevitably of time
    Inevitably of time

I can't believe anyone actually fell for it and took the post as sincere.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    Inevitably of time

Seems someWUM did.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    cwl007 wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum, no one should ever be threatened or offended by someone else's different viewpoint. (I'm afraid some memebers on this forum, as with most others online, quickly move to attack formation is they read something disagreeable to them but that's another story).

When a newcomer posts a comment like this on a Bond forum - `If Bond reclaims his 007 number, if we reset to status quo. Then then is frankly unacceptable, and there will be consequences long term for the franchise. I will not compromise in this.'

What kind of response do you expect to get from Bond fans? Give me a break...

What kind of response do I expect? Good question. I don't expect anything really but I do hope.
    I hope that the members on this forum can debate, question, explain points of view, share opinion on Bond, enjoy Bond experiences and most importantly celebrate and embrace different points of view while giving ours. In other words behave like we would in real life towards each other. That's not so controversial surely.
    Now that comment from a new person was a cage rattle if ever I heard one. Strongly worded with some very strange views. All I'm saying is don't bite, it's too easy.
    The only reason I said what I said was that this forum is a great place to be most of the time because of most of the really good memebers on it. (You're the only people in my life who'll tolerate me banging on about Bond😂)
    I've been a memeber since 2012 and it's only in recent years I've read members attacking others. You don't know who's behind a keyboard, they might be ill informed but also they might be nice or even vulnerable.

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    After the beautiful theme and the BTS video my confidence is ridiculously high.
    matt_u wrote: »
    After the beautiful theme and the BTS video my confidence is ridiculously high.

Must say, mine too.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Shame, she was cute. That's if that was her real face, of course.
    Good thing we're not fools. And I think the handling of some members and trolls this year has proven that. By now we can smell them at a distance and take swift action. May the times of having to deal with wanna be haters and their compulsory themes and dark agendas ad nauseam be long gone. No more gas lighting, no more faux victimisation, no more OCD trolling. Thank you, Mods.
    Inevitably of time

No one did, we were just respecting our new member before it get's out of hand.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    You did it right. There’s a difference between suspecting the obvious and knowing it. Without the latter it would only become something of a witch-hunt suspecting someone who might be genuine in their views.
    Also going back to the thread - I'm a more than a little concerned about the impact of Coronovirus is going to have. Worldwide it could shave tens if not hundreds of millions off the BO.
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Also going back to the thread - I'm a more than a little concerned about the impact of Coronovirus is going to have. Worldwide it could shave tens if not hundreds of millions off the BO.

They'll somehow factor that in. If its going to affect Bond, its going to affect every other big blockbuster release too. Nothing Hollywood can do about that.
    Inevitably of time

Maybe its just me then, getting grumpy and losing patience in my old age... :(
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Inevitably of time

Maybe its just me then, getting grumpy and losing patience in my old age... :(

The jetset life is wearing you down.
    I was kind of tempted to post a response stating for NTTD, I wanted Bond to pursue a Calypso singing career while retired in Jamaica. He should be doing covers of Robert Mitchum's Calypso album as well as the iconic JUMP UP. I would not compromise on this and if we didn't get to hear Craig sing in this film, I would flatly refuse to watch all previous Bond films ever again.

I resisted that temptation until now.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Shardlake wrote: »
    It amazes me that articles talk about these being separate from the films when it reality they aren't.

It is almost seen a trademark of the series when talking about them.

I hadn't watched TND in ages (I'm in no rush) so wasn't sure but I remember now Ricky Jay is in the PTS and he is also one of Carver's stooges.

TB because JB is a Spectre agent and it gets mentioned after the PTS yet again it is connected.

So really only.

GF

FYEO

OP

Sorry to bring this up again, but in OP, in the PTS, there's a polo match going on (which is why Bond's ultralight jet cover as a horse trailer works), and then later in the film Vijay is briefing Bond about Kamal Khan and says he's a "...sportsman: polo, cricket, tennis..."

Yes, I brought this back up for this loosest of connections. ;)
    And, again, the GF PTS mentions Bond's flight to Miami, so that's a connection too.
    TheBondFan wrote: »
    And, again, the GF PTS mentions Bond's flight to Miami, so that's a connection too.

I think people got GF and FYEO already, so the last to be had was OP.

OP has that egg in the beginning which plays a significant part in the film and murder of a 00 agent, same thing faced by 007 later in the film.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Which part was that?
    edited March 2020 Posts: 7,526

OP has that egg in the beginning which plays a significant part in the film and murder of a 00 agent, same thing faced by 007 later in the film.

You’re thinking of the scene after the PTS. The PTS was the Cuban military base and the ultra lite plane. 009 and the egg came after.

You’re thinking of the scene after the PTS. The PTS was the Cuban military base and the ultra lite plane. 009 and the egg came after.

Oh sorry my bad, forgot that was after the PTS. Now that I think about it , that scene should have been in PTS though.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.

Oh sorry my bad, forgot that was after the PTS. Now that I think about it , that scene should have been in PTS though.

Why? A nice Acrostar stunt to start of the PTS, then the main titles, then 009 stealing the Faberge Egg kicks of the plot to film in earnest.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 2,541
    royale65 wrote: »

Why? A nice Acrostar stunt to start of the PTS, then the main titles, then 009 stealing the Faberge Egg kicks of the plot to film in earnest.

That's true but i would have preferred if PTS somewhat set the mode and tone of the film and actually related to the rest of the film. That Cuban military base sequence has nothing to do with the plot of the film.
    My main concern now is if the film will actually ever release!
  • FoxRox wrote: »
    My main concern now is if the film will actually ever release!

Just a little niggle I have as well.
  • Brother_JohnBrother_John London
    My main niggle is that it won't be released until November the 12th.
  • What if there's another outbreak of Corona in November when the weather gets colder again!?