No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Denbigh wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »

Very cool! I noticed the official PG-13 rating is in the bottom left corner. Can anyone make out what it says?
    Rated PG-13 for sequences of violence and action, some disturbing images, brief strong language and some suggestive material.

Nice - thank you! Whenever I tried to enlarge it, it wouldn't look clear enough. I suppose this'll be our second Bond film with an F-bomb dropped? :P
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869

Very cool! I noticed the official PG-13 rating is in the bottom left corner. Can anyone make out what it says?
    Rated PG-13 for sequences of violence and action, some disturbing images, brief strong language and some suggestive material.

Nice - thank you! Whenever I tried to enlarge it, it wouldn't look clear enough. I suppose this'll be our second Bond film with an F-bomb dropped? :P
    Yeah impossible haha :D The rating is listed on the IMDb page.

- and @NickTwentyTwo, they're from the articles that have been posted on the previous page :)

As for this IMAX poster, I need a good quality version but it might be my favourite James Bond poster...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Interesting to see they’ve used the NTTD logo in a colour and not just white.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    mtm wrote: »
    They really like that blue wall...

I don't think I've seen a set be used in marketing as much as the set in Cuba :D
    I'm a little surprised and concerned about the 20-minute PTS confirmation. I was hoping for the PTS to just be a standard length scene at Norway at the beginning, but perhaps it will work out well in the movie. My guess is they just don't want to do a Bond-less PTS anymore.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'm a little surprised and concerned about the 20-minute PTS confirmation. I was hoping for the PTS to just be a standard length scene at Norway at the beginning, but perhaps it will work out well in the movie. My guess is they just don't want to do a Bond-less PTS anymore.
    @FoxRox To me it makes sense to have Norway and Matera before the pre-title sequence as both sequences are set before the main bulk of the film. Makes more structurally sense.

You open with a creepy atmospheric flashback, which leads us into some character development and full blown pre-titles action sequence. Throughout this, we learn of Madeleine's possible betrayal, which leads nicely into Daniel Kleinman's visuals along with Billie's beautiful song...

...and then we open in present-day, when the scientist is kidnapped. M calls on 007, before we go to Jamaica, where Bond has been. This gives us a break from Bond, letting the audience know it's been a while in some capacity. Then we'll introduce Nomi who is actually 007 after Bond meets Felix.

This way it would make the pre-titles sequences quite the rollercoaster which would be great for Craig's last film.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm still doubtful. That is a lot of story and action to cover in just 20 mins.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Or they'll somehow make the Norway sequence last 20 minutes which I think is doubtful. I don't see that sequence alone exceeding Skyfall in its timing.

And @jake24 I won't be surprised if they just hit the ground running with this one.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    @Contraband @Denbigh How do you guys get these amazing shots? :O :O :O

@NickTwentyTwo Check the links in my previous post

I have just saved some 120 stills :D
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 3,164
    IMAX poster is by http://www.timetomorrow.com/folio

First Bond poster in god knows how long not by Empire? Unless they also didn't do the previous IMAX posters
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    They really like that blue wall...

I don't think I've seen a set be used in marketing as much as the set in Cuba :D

Don’t look at the YOLT posters then! :D
    antovolk wrote: »

First Bond poster in god knows how long not by Empire? Unless they also didn't do the previous IMAX posters

Interesting, thanks. It is noticeably... better!
    Do we know who did the promo visual of him walking in front of the Aston V8?
    - We get to know the young Madeleine Swann (Léa Seydoux's character, journ. Note). She visits her mother in the cottage. There are some dramatic events that will affect her life, he says.(...) We also built the house in the English countryside. Léa Seydoux returns to the house when it is summer. 
    That's a huge (new) spoiler, for sure, confirming a lot of the previous speculation.
    So...Safin - probably Swann's halfbrother (son of Mr.White who bedded a woman in Morocco while staying at 'Le American') - kills her mother for reasons unknown while Madeleine is visiting. She tries to escape, falls through the ice, almost drowns, but is saved by him. And 20 years later this "secret" is back to haunt her?

Interestingly, that portfolio also includes work that's on Empire's site, like the poster artwork for Judy (the project description also says "Created at Empire Design, London")
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2020 Posts: 14,930

Interestingly, that portfolio also includes work that's on Empire's site, like the poster artwork for Judy (the project description also says "Created at Empire Design, London")

They appear to implement campaigns too; so they did some work in the Skyfall campaign but by adapting elements created by Empire to a local market.
    Does it say they created the NTTD image somewhere?

Might be former designers then...a bit like with the trailers (who did QoS and Skyfall at Picture Production Company then spun off their own agency Chinagraph)

They appear to implement campaigns too; so they did some work in the Skyfall campaign but by adapting elements created by Empire to a local market.
    Just noticed that now. Might be that Empire outsources some campaign work or something like that.

Might be former designers then...a bit like with the trailers (who did QoS and Skyfall at Picture Production Company then spun off their own agency Chinagraph)

Maybe, or designers that Empire collaborate with.
    Full res IMAX poster
    B025010INTL_Digital_Exclusive_Poster_2746x4096px_ENG_V1_R3_master-rev-1.jpg
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Thanks @antovolk
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    New pic of DC in Matera.

IMG-20200219-164118.jpg

That people is a very cool photo! :-bd
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Just noticed that now. Might be that Empire outsources some campaign work or something like that.

Well I would guess it’s like most global marketing campaigns for anything: one agency comes up with the key design elements and strategy and then local agencies adapt it to suit their particular markets and formats.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Full res IMAX poster

Lovely, thank you. I do love the image but I do wonder why his front wheel is spinning when his rear one (the one actually driven by the engine) isn’t! :D
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Full res IMAX poster

I must say, the image quality of Craig in Matera is noticeably poor compared to the text and logo.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Full res IMAX poster

I must say, the image quality of Craig in Matera is noticeably poor compared to the text and logo.

Yeah: that’s not going to print, is it? The logo and text are fine, as you say.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 4,400
    Writer's Guild of America finalise NTTD screenplay credits:
    https://findawriter.wgaeast.org/project/1173236/no-time-to-die/
    fukunaga.jpg?fit=700%2C400&ssl=1

I know a few others have been intrigued what the WGA arbitration process was going to decide. Well, now we have the final word.....the credits are:

Story by: Neal Purvis & Robert Wade and Cary Joji Fukunaga
    Screenplay by: Neal Purvis & Robert Wade and Cary Joji Fukunaga and Phoebe Waller-Bridge

So it seems that the following either confirmed or rumoured writers didn't get credit: Scott Z Burns, Paul Haggis, Danny Boyle or John Hodge.

The credit is similar to SP's....also, Fukunaga is the first-ever director to get a writing credit on a Bond film.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Writer's Guild of America finalise NTTD screenplay credits:
    https://findawriter.wgaeast.org/project/1173236/no-time-to-die/
    fukunaga.jpg?fit=700%2C400&ssl=1

I know a few others have been intrigued what the WGA arbitration process was going to decide. Well, now we have the final word.....the credits are:

Story by: Neal Purvis & Robert Wade and Cary Joji Fukunaga
    Screenplay by: Neal Purvis & Robert Wade and Cary Joji Fukunaga and Phoebe Waller-Bridge

So it seems that the following either confirmed or rumoured writers didn't get credit: Scott Z Burns, Paul Haggis, Danny Boyle or John Hodge.

The credit is similar to SP's....also, Fukunaga is the first-ever director to get a writing credit on a Bond film.

For some reason I would like to see Cary making a cameo, looking like that, as a junior professor in the upcoming Indiana Jones 5 (starts shooting this summer)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Do we know the extent of Scott and Paul's work on the script? As for Boyle and Hodge, I'm not surprised, I think it's safe to say they're script was buried after they left. It may pop up some day. The actual credits make sense. Purvis and Wade's story with Cary's vision and Phoebe Waller-Bridge's additions with dialogue and female characters.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    jake24 wrote: »
    My god the cinematography... This might be the second Bond film in Craig’s tenure (behind Skyfall) that leaves your breathless with every frame.
    There are a couple Matera shots that look slightly synthetic. I don't know if some of these shots are CGI-enhanced or if Sandgren is the best cinematographer to have graced a Bond film.

I know what you mean, it has that slick and almost too good to be real look to it. But I’m gonna have to say Sandgren is just that great of a cinematographer.
    Full res IMAX poster

Also they’ve not photoshopped the stuntman’s boots out for the Drake’s shoes Bond wears in the film lol
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    and Phoebe Waller-Bridge's additions with dialogue and female characters.
    Im not aware of any reason to believe that she was hired just to do the female characters. She’s a very talented writer.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    and Phoebe Waller-Bridge's additions with dialogue and female characters.
    Im not aware of any reason to believe that she was hired just to do the female characters. She’s a very talented writer.
    Of course she was probably involved in everyone's dialogue. I don't thinks she'd change much about the plot, and I think she was even quoted in saying that the story was great and that she didn't touch that.
  • Also, Phoebe is the second female to ever get a screenwriting credit on a Bond.....hopefully she sticks around! A great talent indeed.

giphy.gif

Also, Lashana Lynch has been doing press today for the film. I guess the press tour has began...