Sir Sean Connery makes first public appearence in two years

2»

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Sean should learn to never say never. ;)
    Great to see Connery looking so happy and energetic. His face looks a little gaunt and he looks like he's aged a lot in the last little while but it cheers the heart to see him enjoying himself so much.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:

Let's face it: When you're Sean Connery you can do whatever the hell you want. :)
    Samuel001 wrote:

Let's face it: When you're Sean Connery you can do whatever the hell you want. :)

Quite. Maybe we should have guessed the "stepping down from public appearances" in 2010, wasn't to last long.
    JoeSiegler wrote:
    What I would love to see Sean Connery do is pop up on Saturday Night Live for one of the Celebrity Jeopardy sketches. :)
    I would kill to see that.

"...and last contestant is... Sean Connery..." and the real Sean Connery is standing there.

The audience would erupt with uncontrollable applause.
    It would be epic.
    I think if Roger made a call to Sean, he would come to the 50th year celebration. Get Michael Caine to be there and, I think it would be a done deal.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 645
    I found the link in that page... Wow TIme has taken its toll of Sean.
    Just glad hes still around.

You'll have to copy and paste the link, its "forbidden."

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTYxMTA0NzcyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjkwMDI4Nw@@._V1_.jpg
    Interestingly he actually looks more like his 1960s self now than he did a few decades ago when he was a little on the pudgy side.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 2,782
    Bond wrote:
    Interestingly he actually looks more like his 1960s self now than he did a few decades ago when he was a little on the pudgy side.

that's why I put golf video up, he looks, give a two few pounds and few more cheeky wrinkles, the same.

Come on he's got to stand on the red carpet for the 50th with the other fellas, and he'll still look like the best Bond out of the lot of them.
    He looks well now we need MGW or Babs to convince him to make an appearance at the premier and a smalll feature talking about bond, pay him if they have to just make it happen please
    "Now EON just needs to dump a wheelbarrow full of money at his feet so he'll attend the 50th celebrations.."

Sounds good!
    "Now EON just needs to dump a wheelbarrow full of money at his feet so he'll attend the 50th celebrations.."

Sounds good!

That's exactly what they shouldn't do. I think Sean would just want an apology from what ever slight he feels has been dished out to him by Eon/Babs/Her dad.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Sounds good!

That's exactly what they shouldn't do. I think Sean would just want an apology from what ever slight he feels has been dished out to him by Eon/Babs/Her dad.

I don't know fully what happened, but I am sure Sean's problem was with Cubby and Harry.
  • Looking his age these days, but nice to see the big fella out and about.

c42f08be.jpg
    Even legends age my friends. Sad, but inevitably true. Sean's put up a brilliant fight with all he has been through.
  • I love the p*ssed-off look he's giving the photographer!
    I love the p*ssed-off look he's giving the photographer!

He's probably worried about his £10k watch.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 774
    Looking his age these days, but nice to see the big fella out and about.

c42f08be.jpg

He looks awesome. Like he just doesn't care anymore; he knows he's a legend so he's going to dress however he wants and come out in public whenever he feels that the worlds deserves a glimpse of such an icon. Will always be my hero.
    Kerim wrote:
    You don't have an excuse now Sean.

Unless he'd rather take a pass. It's his decision, one way or the other.

edited May 2012 Posts: 13,350
    He looks and sounds great in that!!! >:D<
    Fellow Agents,
    I loved him as Bond but outside of that, I'd rather have a drink with Roger Moore any day of the week.
    Independence for Scotland whilst living in the Bahamas - give me a break. Ian Fleming will be turning in his grave!
    Bentley
    Bentley wrote:
    Fellow Agents,
    I loved him as Bond but outside of that, I'd rather have a drink with Roger Moore any day of the week.
    Independence for Scotland whilst living in the Bahamas - give me a break. Ian Fleming will be turning in his grave!
    Bentley

Note to self: Find out where @Bentley lives. Come heavy.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 774
    Bentley wrote:
    Fellow Agents,
    Bentley

If I'd lived the kind of life he has, I'd retire to the Bahamas as well.
    Good to see him healthy in that video-- but did anyone else think he sounds less like Sean Connery, and more like 'some guy doing a Sean Connery impression'? His 'S' sounds are pronounced 'SH' waaaaay more than I remember! :P

Seeing him so much in public lately does give me some hope that he'll participate in some sort of Bond 50th anniversary celebration. Before I completely dismissed the possibility- now I'm not as sure! Hope hope hope!!!!!
  • I've always been curious what Connery would look like these days sans-facial hair:

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6494/connerynostache.jpg