Why aren't Closed threads simply deleted after a day or two?

Just curious... It seems odd to leave them up for a week or more. (And they're always at the top of the main Discussion page, which frankly doesn't look good.)

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I expect those are on display up front so duplicate discussions aren't created.

And their status as closed serves to hold discussion until an event happens or an item actually exists to comment on.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I just dismiss the closed threads and they no longer appear on my home page, click the cog on the far right of chosen thread and select dismiss.
  • I just dismiss the closed threads and they no longer appear on my home page, click the cog on the far right of chosen thread and select dismiss.
    Much obliged, sir!
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited February 2020 Posts: 1,347
    The ”Dismiss” action is only available for Announcement threads, closed or not. It means they will no longer be sticky threads at the top. You’ll still access them as any other thread.
    I expect those are on display up front so duplicate discussions aren't created.

And their status as closed serves to hold discussion until an event happens or an item actually exists to comment on.
    Exactly, the NTTD announcement threads were created by the mods in preparation for its release :)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    CraterGuns wrote: »
    I just dismiss the closed threads and they no longer appear on my home page, click the cog on the far right of chosen thread and select dismiss.
    Much obliged, sir!

No problem I noticed the home page was a bit cluttered prior to logging in