The Illness Thread

BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
Hey! Anyone sick right now? I am!

Been diagnosed with a glandular infection. My glands are swollen along with my lymph nodes, tonsils and uvula! AND I had to go back to the Doctor because of side effects from the anti biotics! Fun times!

So. If anyone is sick - this is the thread for you! If you're not currently sick, feel free to share stories of times when you were!
Or if you're extremely paranoid about getting sick, then pull up a chair and join us!

I'm so ill... 8-X

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Illness is good, my friend.

1) You get to stay at home.
    2) People are afraid of you, meaning less people bothering you.
    3) Your loved ones treat you like a king. "Can I get you something?" "Here, a pillow." "No no, don't get up; I'll grab you that beer." "So which movie do YOU want to watch?" "Honey, let's see if everything ELSE is still working."
    4) Pills! Don't we love them? I'm still seeing these funny things like in FROM BEYOND from last time. Hey, what's @barryt007 doing in my room?
    5) Books, you finally get to read them.
    6) More of that "let's see if everything else is still working", you know, just to be sure.
    7) You get to sleep when-ever you like. This time it's without that "HEY! Take out the trash! You wanna sleep, get tired first!" Now it's rather, "Aaah, poor man. Ssjjt, kids, let daddy sleep. I need him awake later tonight when we check whatever else is still working while you are asleep."

I mean, it's so good being ill, isn't it? :)
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    You get to watch Bond movies. Like that time I watched Tomorrow Never Dies and threw up all over myself while lying on the floor.
    You get to watch Bond movies. Like that time I watched Tomorrow Never Dies and threw up all over myself while lying on the floor.

Because of the movie, or...?
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 19,339

So instead of ‘Tomorrow Never Dies ‘we had ‘POAL Did Lie....in his puke ‘🤮
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Because of the movie, or...?

No, sir. The stomach flu.
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    I'm actually feeling a lot better today. I had horrendous side effects from the medication but I stopped taking them and now I feel better. I'll just let my body fight off the infection in it's own time I think.
    BondStu wrote: »
    I'm actually feeling a lot better today. I had horrendous side effects from the medication but I stopped taking them and now I feel better. I'll just let my body fight off the infection in it's own time I think.

Sometimes that's the better option. Were you taking antibiotics?
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Sometimes that's the better option. Were you taking antibiotics?

Yes mate. Caused horrendous stomach cramps. I was literally doubled up in agony.
    Sorry to hear that @Birdleson
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Well, I have an annoying tickly cough at the minute, if that counts. It's that time of year again.
    I'm currently on powerful anti anxiety meds that absolutely wipe me out. At this rate I'll be dribbling into my turkey on Christmas day.
    A cold, ladies and gentlemen, a cold. Something as simple as a cold. The sniffles. The silliest and stupidest and by far most cunning of all medical inconveniences. This insult to our human indestructibility cannot be allowed to stand!

Yet here I am. Sneezing my brains out, coughing, tears running from eyes like rivers of blood after a gunshot. Headaches of astronomical proportions. And a throat that feels like germs are now in the barbwire-trading business. My voice sounds like it's had to survive three Metallica concerts in a row; when I called my headteacher, I must have passed for a comedian trying his best Freddy Krueger routine.

I'm ploughing through my stash of paper tissues like a raving madman, seeking solace in the chemical miracle called aspirin, counting on gallons of caffeine to uphold some semblance of a normal, functional life; all the while, I'm blasting promising sprays full of sulphuric acid and epinephrine up my nose in a feeble attempt to contain the explosion of nasal mucus.

Yet, no solution exists, none but to patiently await the moment when the germs decide they've had enough of feasting on the natural resources I'm currently giving away for free. The mind reels at the realisation that a creature so small has the power to cause all of this suffering. Thank you, H.G. Wells.

Also--us, men, we are notoriously bad at sucking it all up. My girlfriend goes into Rambo mode when she's ill. Me, on the other hand, I'm floored, exhausted, lamenting as if my final hours are nigh; scoffing, like a drunk author facing total writer's block, at the suggestion of herbal teas; telling my loved ones to prepare for the worst. In two or three days, it'll all be over, I know. But not yet. And until my body is restored to maximum health I am a zombie, a living nightmare, a parody of human life.

A cold, ladies and gentlemen, a cold.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Aspirine and caffeine? You must enjoy being sick.
    I ain't had a cold in years!
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    edited January 2020 Posts: 4,378
    Your first comment in this thread is gold @DarthDimi . And your actual is impressive, too. But it doesn't sound as you would enjoy it as described in October. My english isn't good enough to understand every word of your last post but I m sure you won't die when you have energy to write that much.
    Epinephrine: I remember this from the movie Crank. Should be good stuff.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Dealing with an absolutely horrendous migraine right now. I get headaches pretty frequently (genetics - mom’s side of the family), but some much worse than others. I hate to miss a day of college this early in the semester but I have to rest.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Dealing with an absolutely horrendous migraine right now. I get headaches pretty frequently (genetics - mom’s side of the family), but some much worse than others. I hate to miss a day of college this early in the semester but I have to rest.

My youngest sister suffers from that, so I know how it can disable you. Hope you recover soon.
    FoxRox wrote: »

My youngest sister suffers from that, so I know how it can disable you. Hope you recover soon.

@Thunderfinger Thank you very much. I'm sorry about your sister; it's definitely no joke.
    I've got a cold.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I regularly take Vitamin tonics which keeps illness at bay, if I do get a cold/flu I make a flu bomb which does the trick.
    I regularly take Vitamin tonics which keeps illness at bay, if I do get a cold/flu I make a flu bomb which does the trick.

Don't even know what that is mate!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Don't even know what that is mate!

I mix Honey, Lemon, Cayenne Pepper, Garlic, Ginger, Mixed herbs in boiling water cooled slightly, it tastes like crap though the next day even the worst flu I have had has cleared up.