Nightfire fan remake (real)

edited May 2012 in 007 Gaming Posts: 12,837
http://www.nightfire007.com/

The only downside is that they said they'll be using Craig (but they hinted that they might add a cheat to let us change that).

Comments

I'm up for it. Might be interesting to see another version of a game with Daniel Craig instead of Pierce.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    In other words, they plan on COD'ing Nightfire.

I'm down with that. Maybe get a better Craig impersonator than they had a Brosnan impersonator in the original. Adding ADS (Aim Down Sights) would help a great deal, though nothing can take away the classic feel of the crosshairs. I hope they don't make the cheats stupid. I'm not one who's above using cheats, but I don't want something stupid, like "ginormous crotch mode" or something like that. As far as the multiplayer goes, I hope they add in Haitian docks from PS2 QOS/GE2010Wii/GE2010Reloaded. I don't know why, I just like that map.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Activision if stuck for ideas should 'Reload' all of EA's games. They were classics, many of them and I would love to play them again with state of the art graphics.
    I actually am going to pen out a script for a Wolfenstein 3D script for a film, no lie.

I would love to see an updated, and SIMPLE, version of that game.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 228
    EA and activision have done no justice for bond. I want a hardcore stealth bond game in terms of splinter cell chaos theory/hitman blood money style. Im tired of every bond game being kiddy unrealistic Mainstream thrash. Let's get a M rated bond game already and get serious.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 12,837
    EA and activision have done no justice for bond. I want a hardcore stealth bond game in terms of splinter cell chaos theory/hitman blood money style. Im tired of every bond game being kiddy unrealistic Mainstream thrash. Let's get a M rated bond game already and get serious.

Trash. And how is the rating going to change anything? Over here in the UK, most Bond games are rated 12 or 15/16, so around the same as the films.

EA gave us Nightfire and Everything Or Nothing, 2 great games. Agent Underfire was decent too.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I wish that there was a cheat to be ALL the Bond actors. Why not??
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    OhMyGod!! I Can't wait to see this come out!! I will help them with no doubt.
    theres so much originality within the bond franchise and all we get is generic fps's camouflaged with the words james bond plasterered on the cover . Let's get a company like Bethesda or Bioware to make a vast open world first person bond game where the possibilities are endless.
    YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am unbelievably flipping out right now! Oh my goodness, this is going to be incredibly intense, words just can't describe it! Forget GoldenEye re-makes, because Nightfire is in the house!! These guys know what they're doing, the look like Nightfire fanatic pros!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I can't wait to see the Game Footage... *-*
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

I don't want a Splinter Cell rip-off for Bond. If there's any stealth series that Bond is going to copy, it's Metal Gear. Metal Gear captures exactly what Bond should be: stealth when he needs to, action when he doesn't. Maybe carry over the clothes-changing features of Hitman, but that's it. And as for Splinter Cell, if they're going to copy anything from that, I know it'll be that stupid "3 alarms = Epic Fail", all because that was "realistic". I'm sick of realism stealing cool things from video games!

Look back at GoldenEye's past (and by this, I mean GoldenEye 007 on the N64). You could carry every weapon the game had to offer. Sure, it was unrealistic to somehow carry two of everything and an invisible tank cannon, but it was fun. Games need to be less realism and more fun. Back in GE007N64, Bond could fail the objectives, and it would actually elicit a response! (In example: during the Facility level, you can shoot Trevelyn, and he'll say "So the golden boy is a traitor!" or something along those lines, and then he'll start shooting you.) Nowadays, we get stupid quotes from people who are of no importance to the game (the Modern Warfare series), or the occasional bad-mouth from our superiors over a radio that we can never use for help!

M ratings are nice, because they allow more freedom insofar as content. Actual seriousness, or genre has nothing to do with rating. Both Infamous games take themselves seriously, and both are rated T. There's not an M rated Final Fantasy, and they all take themselves seriously, even when Cloud's gallivanting around in a dress or any moment that Tidus is talking, and don't get me started on the cross-dressing clown from Final Fantasy 6.

EA and Activision have both pumped out quality Bond games. Agent Under Fire, Nightfire, Everything or Nothing, GoldenEye 007/Reloaded, Blood Stone. All of these have done justice to Bond, and all of them take what you call "mainstream trash" and turn it into pure video game gold because it doesn't have Call of Duty stamped on the front of it.

There. I'm done. Half of this was probably contradictory and irrational, but for some reason, I needed to get it out of my system.
    Really hope that this gets done. I loved Nightfire, and I think a remake would be fantastic. I have some great memories with my close friends playing Nightfire multi-player, as well as Agent under fire multi-player, (with 0-gravity and jetpacks and grappling hooks SO much fun!) and I'd love to get a chance to play Nighfire again in a remake.

Somewhat off topic but did anyone ever play No One Lives Forever, the PC spy game where you play as female British agent Kate Archer? I absolutely LOVE that game, and feel like it was essentially a Bong game.
    They don't need to remake the game. Just re-release it in the PSN store along with the rest of the EA Bond games.
    If this legitimately goes through, I'd love for these maps and characters to be added into the updated game:

Maps:
    -Crab Key
    -Volcano Lair
    -Piz Gloria
    -Willard Whyte Oil Rig
    -Scaramanga's Island
    -Drax's space station
    -St. Cyril's
    -Monsoon Palace
    -Main Strike Mine
    -Afghan Airbase
    -Janus Base in Cuba
    -Carver's stealth boat
    -Maiden's Tower
    -Graves' Ice Palace

Characters:
    -Dr. No and Professor Dent
    -Rosa Klebb and Red Grant
    -Emilio Largo and Fiona Volpe
    -Blofeld, Wint, and Kidd
    -Dr. Kananga and Tee Hee
    -Kamal Khan, General Orlov, and Gobinda
    -Brad Whitaker and Necros
    -Franz Sanchez and Dario
    -Alec Trevelyan and General Ourumov
    -Elliot Carver and Stamper
    -Gustav Graves and Miranda Frost
    -Le Chiffre and Mr. White
  • oo7oo7
    awesome stuff Living royal!, i wish we could get to a time where we were not remaking games but instead just making Bond games. I know alot of people mod fallout 3 and stuff like that.

Did anyone play the goldeneye source remake, that's not the activision one?
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 2,107

Somewhat off topic but did anyone ever play No One Lives Forever, the PC spy game where you play as female British agent Kate Archer? I absolutely LOVE that game, and feel like it was essentially a Bong game.

I played it when it first came out. Just finished the second a couple of weeks ago (I had only played the 2nd game once before) and I'm now again playing the first one for about 50th time. I have to say it's the best Bond game out there. Without actually being a licensed Bond game. It still feels Bondian and is better than any of the REAL Bond games.
    I absolutely LOVE that game, and feel like it was essentially a Bong game.

Bong game? Sign me up!

69c.png

• oo7oo7
    whats happening with this?
    Let's spread the word, guys. I just told my expectations for them on the website, now it's time for you guys!

"'Motivation? Just one word: Nightfire. This game doesn't needs just a Remake, it needs a mark on the story of videogames for being one of the (or maybe The) Best FPS ever in the story of Action games.'
    -Rafael on 25 June 2012"

Yes, i have almost the same name from Raphael Drake :P

Tell your expectations too, guys.

http://www.nightfire007.com/stories/
  • oo7oo7
    I see no feedback from the devs on this one unless its just one guy shifting through a million responses. I wonder if they are using the open source for cryengine 3?
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 60
    This is an amazing idea! From a huge Bond fan and PC gamer I am delighted. Nightfire was one of the series best, too.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I like the idea, but I'd rather remake 007 Legends using the Nightfire game engine.
    I wish this was real
  • Risico007 wrote:
    I wish this was real

It was but they've completely changed the site (now it just says "thank you for your feedback") so I'm assuming it's not happening anymore.
    I want a new Craig bond game... the last one was 2011 Goldeneye Reloaded and that was a port... ( live in a world where 007 legends never happened lol)