No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    3mvbihxe.jpg
  • I posed this same question on the trailer thread as well, so forgive me for being redundant, but I'm extremely curious: what kind of action will be in this movie? I'm really only seeing two setpieces - the car/motorcycle chase throughout Matera and a car/Land Rover chase in Scotland (possibly doubling for Norway?). Is the helicopter involved in the action, do we think? Is that helicopter chasing Bond? I can't quite tell. What do other people see? I see some shooting action but can't find much context for it.

April can't come soon enough!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    3mvbihxe.jpg

Where did you find that?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2019 Posts: 10,588
    I posed this same question on the trailer thread as well, so forgive me for being redundant, but I'm extremely curious: what kind of action will be in this movie? I'm really only seeing two setpieces - the car/motorcycle chase throughout Matera and a car/Land Rover chase in Scotland (possibly doubling for Norway?). Is the helicopter involved in the action, do we think? Is that helicopter chasing Bond? I can't quite tell. What do other people see? I see some shooting action but can't find much context for it.

Basically just inferring based on footage, set photos, and clapperboards:

1: PTS with Safin/young Madeleine
    2: Matera setpiece
    3: Cuba sequence with Bond, Nomi & Paloma
    4: Helicopter/Land Rover sequence
    5: Safin's lair + shootout in tunnels
  • DrinmanDrinman New York
    I posed this same question on the trailer thread as well, so forgive me for being redundant, but I'm extremely curious: what kind of action will be in this movie? I'm really only seeing two setpieces - the car/motorcycle chase throughout Matera and a car/Land Rover chase in Scotland (possibly doubling for Norway?). Is the helicopter involved in the action, do we think? Is that helicopter chasing Bond? I can't quite tell. What do other people see? I see some shooting action but can't find much context for it.

Matera (Aston, Motorbike, Foot Chase)
    Cuba (Party fight scene, shoot out involving Bond, Nomi & Paloma)
    Norway (Random lair action, some stuff in the forest still not sure about, Helicopter/Rover chase)
    Your forgetting Jamaica and london
    Contraband wrote: »
    3mvbihxe.jpg

Where did you find that?

It's from drissi.com/
    Contraband wrote: »
    3mvbihxe.jpg

Where did you find that?

It's from drissi.com/

Thanks
  • Thanks for the replies regarding the action, @jake24 and @Drinman . I somehow totally lost track of Cuba as having action, which will include both Lashana Lynch and Ana de Armas. That should be great stuff! And I believe it's Cuba where we see the helicopter flying away from the explosion, as well (unless that's Jamaica?). I love how little we still know about this movie, less than four months out!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Thanks for the replies regarding the action, @jake24 and @Drinman . I somehow totally lost track of Cuba as having action, which will include both Lashana Lynch and Ana de Armas. That should be great stuff! And I believe it's Cuba where we see the helicopter flying away from the explosion, as well (unless that's Jamaica?). I love how little we still know about this movie, less than four months out!
    I'm guessing you're referring to the seaplane and boat explosion? That was filmed in Jamaica but not sure where it fits into the overall story.
  • @jake24, yes, I forgot it was a seaplane. And I'm not sure I ever even realized it was a boat exploding, haha. I don't know where it fits in, either, but it's a great visual!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    jake24 wrote: »

Jamaica right before Cuba and London right before the Land Rover scene.
    Zekidk wrote: »

I know. I'm merely talking about about action sequences. We don't know of any action in those locations yet.

I know. I'm merely talking about about action sequences. We don't know of any action in those locations yet.
    In the trailer there's shooting and havoc here:
    5de7d4b479d7571de60796e4.png

I know - that's the Cuban flag. What's your point?
    3mvbihxe.jpg

That is a great final standee! I bet it is a heck of a size too!
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 3,167

Oh, sorry. I got that all wrong. Lots of locations. Yes, you are spot on about the action scenes. What I want to know is about the setpieces, not just a short fight or shootout. So far we know of two, one in Matera and one in Norway/Russia with the landrovers and the chopper. Hope that the Cuba scenes will turn into one giant setpiece ending with the exploding boat.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

Who do we think she's shooting at?
  • Zekidk wrote: »

Oh, sorry. I got that all wrong. Lots of locations. Yes, you are spot on about the action scenes. What I want to know is about the setpieces, not just a short fight or shootout. So far we know of two, one in Matera and one in Norway/Russia with the landrovers and the chopper. Hope that the Cuba scenes will turn into one giant setpiece ending with the exploding boat.

That would be great! This film could end up having a great deal of action! And it seems to be well shot, from what we've seen, although that's something you can make (CR) or break (QOS) in the editing room.

That would be cool.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    danielcc wrote: »
    I honestly think the "knee" phrase is the best part of the trailer. THIS is exactly what I want to see.
    Fascinating to realise that some people (fans?) dont seem to get the very essence of the Bond character, and the reason for the success of the series over the decades: Bond always rises to meet a challenge, and he is at the top of his game when these challenges come across as verbal battles with girls, allies, henchmen, femme fatales or the villains (did anyone question that Goldfinger comes across as intellectual superior to Bond with his plan??).

I feel that some people project their own insecurity on Bond, and are afraid that a strong woman could overshadow Bond or put his leading role at risk.
    I find it borderline fascist if finding something not entertaining or fun is equalled to insecurities.

As for the knee phrase: Why in the world would Bond´s knees be screwed up so much? I could halfway accept Silva making a remark about knees, since he came across as a bit excentric and insane, so he could say a lot of things and get away with them. But repeating the insinuation here seems pretty dumb. Bond when on duty has short periods of intensive physical stress, usually followed by periods of at least several months where he can recover and work out. So why the f should any of his body parts not be in good shape? And even if we would assume that 00s lead such a devastating life that in their early 50s they need crutches, it comes still across as rather dumb if Nomi says it to Bond, because being a 00 herself it means she ridicules her own future.
    Because Craig injured his ankle and he might have a slight limp during production why not write in something about a injured knee?????????

delfloria wrote: »
    I honestly think the "knee" phrase is the best part of the trailer. THIS is exactly what I want to see.
    Fascinating to realise that some people (fans?) dont seem to get the very essence of the Bond character, and the reason for the success of the series over the decades: Bond always rises to meet a challenge, and he is at the top of his game when these challenges come across as verbal battles with girls, allies, henchmen, femme fatales or the villains (did anyone question that Goldfinger comes across as intellectual superior to Bond with his plan??).

I feel that some people project their own insecurity on Bond, and are afraid that a strong woman could overshadow Bond or put his leading role at risk.
    I find it borderline fascist if finding something not entertaining or fun is equalled to insecurities.

As for the knee phrase: Why in the world would Bond´s knees be screwed up so much? I could halfway accept Silva making a remark about knees, since he came across as a bit excentric and insane, so he could say a lot of things and get away with them. But repeating the insinuation here seems pretty dumb. Bond when on duty has short periods of intensive physical stress, usually followed by periods of at least several months where he can recover and work out. So why the f should any of his body parts not be in good shape? And even if we would assume that 00s lead such a devastating life that in their early 50s they need crutches, it comes still across as rather dumb if Nomi says it to Bond, because being a 00 herself it means she ridicules her own future.
    Because Craig injured his ankle and he might have a slight limp during production why not write in something about a injured knee?????????
    How original and funny. As if anyone outside this illustrious conversation knew or cared about Craig injuring his ankle during shooting. Even I didn´t think of Craig´s ankle injury in months. Yeah, great idea to bring it up again.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

How original and funny. As if anyone outside this illustrious conversation knew or cared about Craig injuring his ankle during shooting. Even I didn´t think of Craig´s ankle injury in months. Yeah, great idea to bring it up again.

It was in the papers for quite a while.
  • SafinDuplessisSafinDuplessis the United Kingdom. Cornwall.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 22
    Some things I wonder about Safin. I find the man very interesting. Interesting enough to make a new account and join your fair community! At least from what we know in the trailer. I thought about the name Safin. Safin. I walk around my kitchen and I say the name to myself many times and think of the psychology behind the names. Safe-n-secure? Are you Safin Secure? This could potentially be a clue to Safin's last name. Furthermore, do we know the strength of force of his henchmen? Does he have a small army of henchmen, a militia if you will? Or does he have a veritable army of Spectre agents at his command? When I saw him wearing the mask in the trailer, I thought this could really be a great Bond film. Thanks. Do we know how old Safin is? How old is Remi Malek portraying him?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Some things I wonder about Safin. I find the man very interesting. Interesting enough to make a new account and join your fair community! At least from what we know in the trailer. I thought about the name Safin. Safin. I walk around my kitchen and I say the name to myself many times and think of the psychology behind the names. Safe-n-secure? Are you Safin Secure? This could potentially be a clue to Safin's last name. Furthermore, do we know the strength of force of his henchmen? Does he have a small army of henchmen, a militia if you will? Or does he have a veritable army of Spectre agents at his command? When I saw him wearing the mask in the trailer, I thought this could really be a great Bond film. Thanks. Do we know how old Safin is? How old is Remi Malek portraying him?

I'm trying to decipher the same any hinted meanings? (Update) I google the name and it means Muhammad's Saw in Arabic. Maybe his hand is a saw.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    007Blofeld wrote: »

I'm trying to decipher the same any hinted meanings? (Update) I google the name and it means Muhammad's Saw in Arabic. Maybe his hand is a saw.

The SAW stands for the Arabic words "sallallahu alayhi wa salaam" (may God's prayers and peace be with him).
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    3mvbihxe.jpg

That is a great final standee! I bet it is a heck of a size too!

Almost two big windows high, if that makes sense.
    CMA CGM, official partner of the next James Bond movie "No Time to Die"
    https://cmacgm-group.com/en/group/cma-cgm-and-me/CMA-CGM-official-partner-of-the-next-James-Bond-movie-No-Time-to%20Die

B25_SU_07619%20%281%29_0.jpg

For the first time in the Group's history, two CMA CGM vessels were mobilized for the production of the blockbuster: CMA CGM FORT SAINT GEORGES (2,260 TEU) and CMA CGM FORT DE FRANCE (3,504 TEU). A dozen sailors from CMA CGM FORT SAINT GEORGES and their Captain also took part, and nearly 1,000 containers were included in the shoot in [Jamaica].
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

It was in the papers for quite a while.

Even for months after it happened...