No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Univex wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    I’m starting to really believe Safin could really end up being a kind of Dr. No reinterpretation. Shocked no one is discussing Japan being mentioned as a film location, alongside the fact that Safin wears and has a collection of No theatre Japanese masks...

And a huge bonsai. He also seems to be wearing a kimono.

kEVKcC13_o.png

Yes of course. Plus his concrete liar reminded me (alongside Ken Adam obviously) the “poetry of concrete” architecture of Tadao Ando.

(Full Mr. Roark mood ;) )
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 6,677
    I’m starting to really believe Safin could really end up being a kind of Dr. No reinterpretation. Shocked no one is discussing Japan being mentioned as a film location, alongside the fact that Safin wears and has a collection of No theatre Japanese masks...

kEVKcC13_o.png

Yes of course. Plus his concrete liar reminded me (alongside Ken Adam obviously) the “poetry of concrete” architecture of Tadao Ando.

Oooh, right you are, Tadao Ando is a genius. So is Ken Adam, of course. Right you are, Mr. Roark! And you know that architectural language is right up our alley, don't you. The more they're influenced by it the better.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited December 2019 Posts: 12,459
    Do people really think Japan was a location? I don't. Did I miss some confirmation about filming in Japan??

If they make the villain's lair to be set in Japan, they could do that of course. I see the tiny Japanese bits but still doubt it is, in the story, set in Japan. I don't care if it is or is not; I just think people are reading too much into it as far as a "location."

If there is any bit of Dr. No in his character, I only hope it is very VERY subtly done. I don't want many references to previous characters, not in replication, details, etc.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

kEVKcC13_o.png

I love the fact that Safin has his own camouflaged militia. I'm getting some GE vibes from this.
    Safin's probably a nipponic enthusiast...in Siberia, maybe.

kEVKcC13_o.png

Oooh, right you are, Tadao Ando is a genius. So is Ken Adam, of course. Right you are, Mr. Roark! And you know that architectural language is right up our alley, don't you. The more they're influenced by it the better.

Absolutely. I’m so pumped after the trailer I just booked a ticket for London. Same I did for SP. No better way to watch a Bond film
    and enjoy a Vesper Martini at Dukes after the film. Last time they refused to bring us a fourth but that’s another story :D. The Gin Tonic was also fine btw. :)

kEVKcC13_o.png

Absolutely. I’m so pumped after the trailer I just booked a ticket for London. Same I did for SP. No better way to watch a Bond film
    and enjoy a Vesper Martini at Dukes after the film. Last time they refused to bring us a fourth but that’s another story :D. The Gin Tonic was also fine btw. :)

Do we have the premiere venue confirmed?

kEVKcC13_o.png

Hopefully. Depends on my friends in London. IMAX 100% confirmed on the other hand.
  • Dr No was half Chinese. What's the Japan connection?
    Perhaps could be a re-interpretation, just like Moneypenny and Brofeld.

How about being shocked noone mentions Dennis Gassner´s set design for Blade Runner 2049? The lair looks at least as much like that than anything Ken Adam did, @matt_u .
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,018

kEVKcC13_o.png

Outdoor big screen on Piccadilly Circus :D

boldfinger wrote: »

How about being shocked noone mentions Dennis Gassner´s set design for Blade Runner 2049? The lair looks at least as much like that than anything Ken Adam did, @matt_u .

Right you are. Love that film.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    boldfinger wrote: »

Made a Blade Runner comparison the first day of the trailer release. First thing I thought off, but I had only recently rewatched BR2049.
    Even tho that 2049 set design felt more “Ken Adam” than BR 1982, which was far more influenced by Frank Lloyd Wright architecture.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,018
    deleted
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Have they filmed on the Atlantic Road in Norway?
    I remember it being rumoured but I'm not sure if they did, it would be a fantastic location if they did
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 17,272
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I remember it being rumoured but I'm not sure if they did, it would be a fantastic location if they did

They sure did – for a few days.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

Amazing. Can't wait to see that beautiful V8 Vantage on that breath-taking road.
    I'm kind of glad they didn't put that footage in the trailer because that'll be amazing to watch in the cinema for the first time unspoilt

Cheers @Torgeirtrap mate
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

Amazing. Can't wait to see that beautiful V8 Vantage on that breath-taking road.
    I'm kind of glad they didn't put that footage in the trailer because that'll be amazing to watch in the cinema for the first time unspoilt

Cheers @Torgeirtrap mate

Same
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 17,272

Cheers @Torgeirtrap mate
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Cheers @Torgeirtrap mate

Same

No problem! Norwegian media covered the the Atlantic Road filming quite a lot, so there's several videos and quite a few articles out there.
  • Univex wrote: »

kEVKcC13_o.png
    Love this shot but for some reason in the trailer itself I can't appreciate it that much. I guess it all kind of flies by. It reminds me of TSWLM/Moonraker. And GE too, yes.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    I'm more curious about this....

49192772651_6cfda2d68c_b.jpg

I suppose its part of the lair as well.... Are those Safin's workers?

And what abt this? Why the spotlight on Bond and with everyone looking at him... Creepy.

49192772561_6c28d179f4_b.jpg
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    I think that is spectre party in Cuba when the spotlight is on Bond. You can see Dr Vogel just behind James.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 157
    imranbecks wrote: »
    And what abt this? Why the spotlight on Bond and with everyone looking at him... Creepy.

Spy Night Fever?
    Wow Daniel, Ana, Rami and Phoebe all got nominated for golden globes today!
  • imranbecks wrote: »
    I'm more curious about this....

49192772651_6cfda2d68c_b.jpg

I suppose its part of the lair as well.... Are those Safin's workers?

I still cant figure out what I'm looking at for that first photo.
    KizerK wrote: »
    Wow Daniel, Ana, Rami and Phoebe all got nominated for golden globes today!

Yep:

Golden Globe 2020 - Nominations:
    - Ana de Armas - “Knives Out”
    - Daniel Craig -“Knives Out”
    - Rami Malek - “Mr. Robot”
    - Phoebe Waller-Bridge - “Fleabag”, Actress & TV-series (tvo nom.)

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/2020-golden-globes-nominations-list-nominees-1203426905/