NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Give to much way about the action and some of Malek mysterie, but not much about the plot.
    Everbody gets screentime and finaly a lear we haven't seen for a long time.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    They showed alot I'm not watching anymore.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    BOND: Sorry I broke your mask, Safin.
    SAFIN: Safin died in Norway, many years ago... the man speaking to you now, the man underneath your skin... is Doctor Julius No.
    BOND: Catchy n-... ugh, not again.

Any takers? ;)
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    F******** hell that was epic!!

Can anyone take screenshots??
  • RyanRyan Canada
    In a word - epic. You can get a sense from the trailer just how incredible the dialogue is. Witty and tight! Good job PWB. Oh and the film looks stunning. This will be a fun ride.
    GMA is going to do their Bond segment coming up.
    Quite intriguing/revealing trailer breakdown with Cary...yup, don't be so sure Matera is the PTS
    https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/bond-25-trailer-breakdown-no-time-to-die-director-cary-joji-fukunaga/?__twitter_impression=true

As I figured, this was indeed a full trailer, and it's utterly ace, good lord that cinematography...
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Just realized that this is the first instance in a long time where Bond is referred to as "Commander Bond"
  • infoviseinfovise Ireland
    The trailer is absolutely brilliant, I can't wait to see more of what appears to be Safin's lair! :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    antovolk wrote: »
    Quite intriguing/revealing trailer breakdown with Cary...yup, don't be so sure Matera is the PTS
    https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/bond-25-trailer-breakdown-no-time-to-die-director-cary-joji-fukunaga/?__twitter_impression=true

Interesting! Many thanks.

I can't work out how they'll do it, unless they go in for some Fleming-style time-jumping-around at the opening.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Epic.
    History isn't kind to men who have already watched it 6 times...

*grins slightly* >:)
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    HOLY SHIT!!
    I love it. It's exciting, dangerous, adventurous, sexy, vibrant! I couldn't ask for more, I love, love, love it!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    So Malek wears a 'Noh Mask'. A Dr Noh Mask...? :D
    I'm guessing the teaser that was supposed to come in August would've had the murky, more mysterious vibe of Skyfall & Spectre's teasers.

This one went balls-out and really made a massive splash of announcement that Bond is indeed back. I think this was a far better way to open the floodgates for this film with an action-packed 2 min. trailer.

I am astounded at how good this film looks. Very different vibe from the others. You can really tell there's new blood behind the curtain this time.

I don't need another trailer after this. That was an epic mic-drop of an announcement.

Does anybody know if/where the GMA interviews will be posted online?

• Seriously, looks amazing.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Nice new photo on the BBC report

_110003905_dc-universal.jpg
  • Had to watch this on my crappy cracked iPhone screen in the toilets at work, but I’m so hyped having seen it! It put quite the grin on my face. So much ot unpack.
    • I want to comment on the cinematography, but the quality was poor. But it seems more lush than I thought.
    • Having seen Daniel in Knives Out, I’m already the Southern accent.
    • The M scenes and all that quick-cutting explosions feels generic as hell.
    • Sets feel a little generic
    • Locations look STUNNING.
    • Rami Malek is the stand-out. Love the creepy weird Russian accent he has going on. His lair looks bloody awesome.
    • Ana De *Fricking* Armas.
    • I could have done without all the Madeleine stuff. Feels a little soap-opera. Could have saved that for the movie.
    • Blofeld’s scene looks poor. Waltz seems great.
    • I adore those long shots where an entire stunt plays out – its inspired.
    • Lashana Lynch will get the best reviews of this entire film. Love her voice.

This trailer screams ‘James bond is Back’. Action, romance, intrigue.

CONTROVERSIAL OPINION: But considering they have been so reticent to show anything for so long……..does this reveal too much? Seems over-stuffed.
    What I liked -

1) Day shots look great. Nice cinematography

2) Craig look good again. Liking the scar on his face. Hopefully we see more of the roughed up Campbell-CR Bond again.

3) Nice to see the Astons, all 3 of them.

4) Soundtrack seems ok. Is this Romer's work?

5) Loving the old Aston shooting down everybody, and the motorbike stunt.

6) Nice to see Felix again.

What I didn't like -

1) Tedious personal angle of both SF and SP still seems to be lingering.

2) Dark interior shots remind me too much of the gloomy orange look of both SF and SP.

3) Still no hints of any true adapted Fleming scenes. I hope I'm wrong.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Funniest bit. The security guard has no idea when Bond says 'Bond'.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    3) Nice to see the Astons, all 3 of them.

Well there's another one still to come, shockingly.
    The GMA segment is on and they showed the cast and director.
  • Well I'm still buzzing over seeing that trailer, my God! Bond is back!!

What a way for Craig to go out!

Loved all of it! Actually surprised at how much was shown over the 2:30 mins but not enough to really spoil the movie imo.

Rami's villain looks to be a very sinister, creepy villain which I'm loving the look of and great to see Waltz back as Blofeld in a classic interrogation scene.

Roll on bloody April!!

Wow!
    It's on this time they are talking.
    Interesting to hear in the breakdown via Totalfilm and Empire; 1. Ana's character is CIA and has been sent via Felix. 2. The story around Grace Jones's involvement was also accurate. I had personally put this down to tabloid trash but Cary had meetings with her in Jamacia - so potential cameo there.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Interesting to hear in the breakdown via Totalfilm and Empire; 1. Ana's character is CIA and has been sent via Felix.

Heh- I totally missed that: good spot!
    2. The story around Grace Jones's involvement was also accurate. I had personally put this down to tabloid trash but Cary had meetings with her in Jamacia - so potential cameo there.

Well she is Jamaican: they might just be mates; she might not be in it. It'd be fun if she was performing in that club or something though.
  • Betty_May_KthatuBetty_May_Kthatu Hong Kong
    Loved seeing Dalton's Aston - double checked it is the same number plate.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    What a trailer, what a treat.
    The segment is over