No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,247
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    WhyBond wrote: »
    Great Trailer and Music....It seems Daniel Craig's best Bond films are the ones in which he puts on the Tuxedo. NTTD looks like an energetic Bond film...the early Daniel Craig style.
    He wore a Tux in all of his films.

Yeah, true....but i meant the full black Tux though. Not the white one he wore during SP's train fight with Hinx.

I think you'll find it's ivory not white.
    WhyBond wrote: »
    Great Trailer and Music....It seems Daniel Craig's best Bond films are the ones in which he puts on the Tuxedo. NTTD looks like an energetic Bond film...the early Daniel Craig style.
    He wore a Tux in all of his films.

Yeah, true....but i meant the full black Tux though. Not the white one he wore during SP's train fight with Hinx.

I think you'll find it's ivory not white.

Ok, Yeah....coz of it's moderate tint of yellow.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 11,425
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Probably won't happen but how would people feel if Ana de Armas turned out to be a villain?

I’m fine with that. I’m kind of into the idea of her being a femme fatale, which Craig has never had. I expect some fans that are fawning over her to not be happy she’s positioned as the lead or at least a lay for Bond.

Why does everyone forget Valenka? :( granted she’s minor but she still counts as she poisons and nearly kills Bond.
    But she wasn’t really a main character like certain femme-fatales have been before, which is what we mean by when we talk about these kind of characters are missing from the Craig-era.

She’s not as major as Klebb, King, Bunt, or Xenia for sure. I would also like to see a major/semi-major femme-fatale, but to me if it doesn’t happen the box is still ticked off enough with Valenka for the Craig era.

What?!
    Surely Severine is a femme fatale? She is a mysterious woman who draws Bond into a dangerous situation. This is actually the classic definition of a FF.

Klebb and Bunt are not femme fatales by any conceivable definition. King maybe although she is simply a villain tricking Bond. Xenia possibly although she is more transparently a villain and therefore in a way much more straightforward and less mysterious.

But Severine fits the archetype better than any of them. She is definitely mysterious and we never really understand her motivations. Is she really helping Bond or just luring him in as part of Silva's plan, knowing she will probably die either way.

A femme fatale doesn't have to literally be an enemy or villainess.

So actually to the Craig era list of femma fatales you might add Camille and Vesper. They are both key in QOS and CR to drawing Bond into the shadowy plot.

Vesper in particular is probably closer to the archetype of a femme fatale as Bond is unwittingly drawn into something much bigger than he realises. He is being deceived on multiple levels by Vesper but as with Severine we never fully know what's driving her.

So I would say we have more genuine femme fatales (as opposed to female villains) in the Craig era than any other.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited December 2019 Posts: 7,999
    To me a femme fatale has to try to kill Bond, and Severine doesn’t count. Shes more of a sacrificial lamb.

Femme fatale to me is basically Fiona Volpe, Naomi, Mayday, and Xenia. Valenka would be one if she was a more prominent character.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 11,425
    I disagree. The femme fatale doesn't have to try and kill Bond. She has a to lure him in and/or trick him. And she does this through her feminine wiles. So Bunt and Klebb clearly don't qualify.

I'm gonna be controversial now, but Kara in TLD is also arguably a femme fatale. She is apparently trapped in a dangerous situation and even drugs Bond - both classic ruses of the femme fatale.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    To me Klebb is the main villain in FRWL, much like Largo was in TB.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,247
    I think everyone have their perception of what a femme fatale is. But I think what we can all agree on is, a femme fatale is a Mercurial character....and at times, Maverick.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I think bond only does Madeline in this one.

Which I’m fine with.

I would too... ;)
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Rami Malek will be on Good Morning Britain (UK, ITV 6.30-8.30am) on Thursday. It was just trailed.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Mallory wrote: »
    Rami Malek will be on Good Morning Britain (UK, ITV 6.30-8.30am) on Thursday. It was just trailed.

There was a mention of a ‘press day’ today in the trailer thread so I’m guessing the cast are recording a few interviews today..?
    A teaser for a teaser. LOL
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Bounine wrote: »
    A teaser for a teaser. LOL
    Any other thoughts than that?
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 2,594
    I was going to wait until the actual teaser came out before I expressed my sentiments. However, aside for the cool, surreal mask behind the glass at the end, nothing looks particularly different from other Bond trailers. Oh, that dame shooting the two guns looks cool.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    To me Klebb is the main villain in FRWL, much like Largo was in TB.

FRWL is the only episode where the main villain is a woman besides perhaps "The World Is Not Enough"...It's time for Bond to have a femme fatale who is a real pain in the ass, who will appeared in many episodes ,i still hope that they will use the Charlotte King character (who comes from an early version of "Spectre") one day, maybe Paloma or Nomi is an update version of her, who knows?
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,497

Well hello Safin...

They look rather good tbh... but I would've chosen a non "Bond in his sweater" kinda pic... :-?
  • skropper13skropper13 United States
    Wow, first reaction Ana looks so good. The rest look great as well but she is the standout for me. Can’t wait to see more of safin too and figure out his motivations and story. 1 more day!!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I like them. I love Bond's get-up. Suits Craig to a tee. Extremely cool.

Also, Ana again.....a cracker.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    These posters are dope. Far better than the teaser poster, IMO.
  • JamesCraig wrote: »

Well hello Safin...

They look rather good tbh... but I would've chosen a non "Bond in his sweater" kinda pic... :-?

Makes me think of Bond in the For Your Eyes Only short stories when he's out in the forest I think.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Love em' :D
    Waltz officially confirmed back and probably in the trailer - he's on the cast list in the press email I received with the posters.
    Daniel Craig, Rami Malek, Léa Seydoux, Lashana Lynch, Ben Whishaw,
    Naomie Harris, with Jeffrey Wright, with Christoph Waltz and Ralph Fiennes as "M"
    Also starring Rory Kinnear, Ana de Armas, Dali Benssalah, David Dencik, and Billy Magnussen
    antovolk wrote: »
    Waltz officially confirmed back and probably in the trailer - he's on the cast list in the press email I received with the posters.
    Naomie Harris, with Jeffrey Wright, with Christoph Waltz and Ralph Fiennes as "M"
    Also starring Rory Kinnear, Ana de Armas, Dali Benssalah, David Dencik, and Billy Magnussen

Thank you once again, Antovolk. :-c

Many thanks! Honestly I'd be shocked if he's in the teaser but maybe his role is bigger than we thought or they really want to emphasize the caliber of the cast. I just hope he doesn't supplant Safin and that Rami being so prominent in the marketing is just bait & switch given his recent stardom.
  • Dr. No.
    A couple other things - no credit for Scott Z Burns. And US date confirmed for April 10, instead of April 8.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

I think the award for "Hottest Bond Girl" has just changed hands.
    A couple other things - no credit for Scott Z Burns. And US date confirmed for April 10, instead of April 8.

Well after 5 years what's two more days. That's just two more days I'll have to be living in a hole to avoid spoilers
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2019 Posts: 5,834
    @antovolk Is the UK release date still the 2nd?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    5 Months Is Enough Time To Successfully Market ‘No Time To Die’
    https://forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/12/02/five-months-is-enough-time-to-successfully-market-no-time-to-die-daniel-craig-in-james-bond-25/#3bb2823c6be9

First, that’s the new normal as (with a few exceptions here and there) the whole “marketing campaign starts a year in advance” thing is being phased out (Warner Bros. got no benefit from its long-lead campaigns for Shazam! and Godzilla: King of the Monsters). As I’ve said for years, the only folks who pay attention to stuff that early are the hardcore fans who were already going to see that movie. Second, five months will be plenty of time for MGM (in North America) and Universal (overseas) to make the sale. This first teaser will play to countless moviegoers this Christmas, and we’ll probably get a second trailer tied to the Super Bowl on February 2, 2020.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Anyone else notice that there appears to be scarring on Malek's face? His skin is not exactly smooth.