No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Is NTTD going to be on the cover of Empire?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    mtm wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I legit cannot find anyone in that photograph. Is anyone able to circle or point out people?
    Who I've spotted so far @DonnyDB5 :)
    E5kuXT1.jpg

I wonder if that’s a set? If it is I bet the production designer was crapping himself: I doubt the stairs were engineered to hold that many people! :)

Yeah, it's a set-piece in the Havanna/Cuba-scenes. Same floor style seen in a other pic with second unit and stunt crew showing their support for a injured stunt woman = global film industry hashtag: #crewmatter

Havanna-set, Pinewood

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Cool name, hope to learn new things about the movie everyday till the release :D
  • infoviseinfovise Ireland
    MrSilva wrote: »
    infovise wrote: »
    Will we get a still of Safin in Empire? While I have been enjoying the secrecy of NTTD so far, I think it would be cool if we got a glimpse of Malek.

No still included in the article, unfortunately and usually they go hand in hand with exclusive articles.

They could be waiting for the teaser to give a glimpse, something like Palpatine in the Star Wars IX teaser.
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    Is NTTD going to be on the cover of Empire?

Nope, this is part of a big 2020 preview issue out in a couple days
    Cool! So Malek will have an accent in the film.

I think that's so old-fashioned and a little bit racist to let him speak with an accent.
    He can be a character of russian descent without any accent, when speaking english.

I mean: does Barack Obama speak with a swahili accent, because of his kenyan roots and his name?
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Contraband wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Safin was a tennis player... :-?

Bond will be bombarded with tennis balls as he enters the lair. :D
    :D
    Empire has deleted the article/link now with Babs talking
    edited October 2019 Posts: 3,018
    Question: Could this be from the Havanna-set/any other NTTD-set or is it part of Pinewood Studios actual interior, some building on the lot? Steven Barham, Visual Effects & Photography on NTTD, took it.

That was odd, but they've posted it again.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/no-time-to-die-rami-malek-villain-james-bond-barbara-broccoli/
    No it hasn't, well not on my computer or phone, it's still there, possibly they tweaked the url a bit compared to the one that was posted before but I think the article is still the same.

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I didn't need Empire to tell me that Rami would get under Bobds skin. The guy was creepy as heck in his reveal video! The aspect I'm most interested to see in Bond 25.
    Penpen wrote: »
    No it hasn't, well not on my computer or phone, it's still there, possibly they tweaked the url a bit compared to the one that was posted before but I think the article is still the same.

Yes they did. For some 10-15 min it was dead. People on my twitter alerted me. And I checked and came to the old with Craigs pics. Now it's back again.
    Question: Could this be from the Havanna-set/any other NTTD-set or is it part of Pinewood Studios actual interior, some building on the lot? Steven Barham, Visual Effects & Photography on NTTD, took it.

Could be but it looks like the producers' building.
    shamelord wrote: »

Could be but it looks like the producers' building.

Yeah I don't know. Thought one of you guys maybe knew. Perhaps been at Pinewood.
    This can't be NTTD? It has wrapped for christ sake.

328gtss
    Set of #notimetodie ?? #007 ?We can not say, it’s a secret...😂😂😂#london #havingfun
    1 h

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I'm liking what I'm hearing, and considering we only know one part of his name we'll see what the full name is, and don't worry guys, it's not really a spoiler. A character's name reveals next to nothing about their character :)
    I have been at Pinewood ten years ago. That's why it was my impression. Yet memories are blurry.
  • I'm glad we've had it confirmed that Malek's villain isn't a rebooted one.

Sounds very interesting.
  • DrunkIrishPoetDrunkIrishPoet The Amber Coast
    duke_togo wrote: »
    ...Daniel Craig, says: “Morning, Mrs Bond,” but­ Madeleine, played by Léa Seydoux, replies: “Don’t you mean Ms Swann.”
    "It's DR. Swann."
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited October 2019 Posts: 524
    I'm liking what I'm hearing, and considering we only know one part of his name we'll see what the full name is, and don't worry guys, it's not really a spoiler. A character's name reveals next to nothing about their character :)

The name does reveal something when it turns out to be something we as an audience recognise, like 'Blofeld'.

I did dismiss all the Dr. No theories before, but now I'm tempted to go full tin hat mode. I really don't understand why Malek's character could not be named at, say, the Jamaica launch reveal if his name wasn't a huge spoiler. Therefore, I'd like to lock in that his character's name is not 'just' Safin. Maybe he has a first or a last name that's familiar, or his real name is something totally different. I really, really think they'll again pull a Oberhauser/Blofeld or a Eve/Moneypenny reveal.

Whether that's Dr. No, I doubt it. But I also remember Naomie Harris, who said we could expect twists and turns. And I remember Purvis and Wade, who wrote part of the script, and their love for sometimes "surprising" twists.

I suppose some of you might accuse me of being totally insane. Maybe that's the case and maybe I'm totally wrong. Could very well be.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

The name does reveal something when it turns out to be something we as an audience recognise, like 'Blofeld'.

I did dismiss all the Dr. No theories before, but now I'm tempted to go full tin hat mode. I really don't understand why Malek's character could not be named at, say, the Jamaica launch reveal if his name wasn't a huge spoiler. Therefore, I'd like to lock in that his character's name is not 'just' Safin. Maybe he has a first or a last name that's familiar, or his real name is something totally different. I really, really think they'll again pull a Oberhauser/Blofeld or a Eve/Moneypenny reveal.

Whether that's Dr. No, I doubt it. But I also remember Naomie Harris, who said we could expect twists and turns. And I remember Purvis and Wade, who wrote part of the script, and their love for sometimes "surprising" twists.

I suppose some of you might accuse me of being totally insane. Maybe that's the case and maybe I'm totally wrong. Could very well be.
    Maybe so, but I mean at this stage it gives us nothing, so there's no need to be concerned about learning his name at this point.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Jan1985 wrote: »

I think that's so old-fashioned and a little bit racist to let him speak with an accent.
    He can be a character of russian descent without any accent, when speaking english.

I mean: does Barack Obama speak with a swahili accent, because of his kenyan roots and his name?

+1. I can't stand forced accents.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'm gonna have to buy this Empire issue :D
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

Maybe so, but I mean at this stage it gives us nothing, so there's no need to be concerned about learning his name at this point.

Ah, I misinterpreted your point there, my apologies. Yes, right now is no time for concern, I agree.
    Walecs wrote: »
    Jan1985 wrote: »

+1. I can't stand forced accents.

And with Bond baddies it never was important to the story from what country they were, because everyone of them was a single-minded weirdo, not representing a country. Each and everyone of them could have any nationality.
    Safin? I like that name - and I’m really glad it’s original instead of Dr. No! Good stuff. Glad to be getting these tidbits from Empire!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    This can't be NTTD? It has wrapped for christ sake.

328gtss
    Set of #notimetodie ?? #007 ?We can not say, it’s a secret...😂😂😂#london #havingfun
    1 h

Maybe second unit?