No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Awesome pic but what is he wearing in the waist, seems like a safety belt of something.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Benny wrote: »
    First still:

no-time-to-die-exclusive.jpg

I knew Empire would drop something this week! Yes!!!

This is by far the best shot of Craig we have seen so far. Love the costume and the fact that Bond looks roughed up. It reminds me a little of the moment from OHMSS when Bond gets caught in the cogs at Piz Gloria.

I think this shot is from the finale as the buttons on the trousers are the same as Nomi's jacket here:

0_PAY-EXCLUSIVE-La-Seydoux-appears-upset-between-takes-filming-scenes-for-James-Bond-No-Time-To-Die-i.jpg

I’d argue this is the best shot of Craig in NTTD
    dgk7kpdldcjc.jpeg
    ua1ox6mmmk3v.jpeg

Swag.
  • Yep, that shot in front of the V8 is staggering. All-time classic Bond.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited October 2019 Posts: 7,965
    Yes I'd say the ending is quite a full on sequence, involving everyone, but thats just my guess. I can say with some confidence that this movie might well be the longest Bond film to date. I think they might go epic, OHMSS style.
    Looks like bond is in Norway in this shot.
    This kinda reminds of Bond and Alec infiltrating the facility together.
  • So @antovolk do you think they are teeing up a busy week of media reports from the set/pictures/interviews/...............................and the trailer? It would sync up with the release of Terminator.

This is my favourite outfit of Craig's so far. It's so cool. Daniel Craig looks sexy af. CJF and Craig understands that Bond is a more of a character you can emotionally invest in when he's a little more broken and bleeding.

I found a high-ri version of the photo from the set. I've spotted a number of folk:

NOTIMETODIE_MAIN-UNIT-CREW.jpg

I can see:
    1. Daniel Craig
    2. CJF
    3. Barbara (wearing a tshirt that says 'Rock N Roll' I think)
    4. MGW
    5. Suttirat Larlarb
    6. Mark Tildesley
    7. Lashana Lynch
    8. Lottie Geliot
    9. Thepashl (from Instagram)
    10. Jon Mallard
    11. Linus Sandgren
    12. Marie Mouroum (check out her photos for the wrap party shots. Lashana organised some jerk chicken and there are a lot of cakes)
    13. Zoe Tahir(who is holding up photos of Craig's bodyguards)
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Looks as if he’s wearing military fatigues with a holster for a larger type of gun. Perhaps a small machine gun. Not sure how I feel about the suspenders, unless they’re a part of the fatigues. Then again, Craig can pull off any look IMO.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I think this sequence will be very FYEO with a team of characters all working together to defeat the vllain :)
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    First still:

Wish there was a higher resolution of that pic.... Need to see the watch better!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Looks as if he’s wearing military fatigues with a holster for a larger type of gun. Perhaps a small machine gun. Not sure how I feel about the suspenders, unless they’re a part of the fatigues. Then again, Craig can pull off any look IMO.

He looks damn good. I see where people are coming from with their first impressions (reminders of OHMSS etc.) but I'm getting real WWII-era vibes from that photo and I love it.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 12,837

He looks damn good. I see where people are coming from with their first impressions (reminders of OHMSS etc.) but I'm getting real WWII-era vibes from that photo and I love it.

I'm getting that vibe too but I'm not sure how I feel about it personally. He looks cool like he always does but tight suits aside, SF and SP had a very retro 60s feel to them aesthetically, and I'm getting the same sort of vibe from this one. But that to me is starting to feel a bit stale now. I was hoping for something a bit more modern looking again.

I guess since it's a sequel it makes sense to stick with that aesthetic, but I'm hoping the first film for the next guy feels very modern and up to date in the same way GE and CR did.

The trousers are promising though. Seems that he was wearing some sort of tactical gear (same scene we got that cool shot of Nomi?) and has ditched the top half. That's something I've wanted back for ages, Bond in proper spy combat gear again ala TLD and GE, so that's nice.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 7,965

I'm getting that vibe too but I'm not sure how I feel about it personally. He looks cool like he always does but tight suits aside, SF and SP had a very retro 60s feel to them aesthetically, and I'm getting the same sort of vibe from this one. But that to me is starting to feel a bit stale now. I was hoping for something a bit more modern looking again.

I guess since it's a sequel it makes sense to stick with that aesthetic, but I'm hoping the first film for the next guy feels very modern and up to date in the same way GE and CR did.

The trousers are promising though. Seems that he was wearing some sort of tactical gear (same scene we got that cool shot of Nomi?) and has ditched the top half. That's something I've wanted back for ages, Bond in proper spy combat gear again ala TLD and GE, so that's nice.

This is very accurate and well observed.

The retro 60's vibe in overplayed, but unfortunately something they've settled on for Craig. I wish Craig would wear more modern outfits including suits, which always seem to be invoking some classic design from Moore or Connery
    Strange how many sees a 60's vibe from the Craig films. I have never got that impression myself.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Strange how many sees a 60's vibe from the Craig films. I have never got that impression myself.

Me neither. I'm getting the retro vibe with this one alright. Didn't feel it too much with SF or SP.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    I didn't think of the Piz Gloria scene whereas its an obvious reference, at first it reminds more Chaplin's 'Modern Times' the braces doesn't help...Fukunaga seems to have great taste so maybe?
    So @antovolk do you think they are teeing up a busy week of media reports from the set/pictures/interviews/...............................and the trailer? It would sync up with the release of Terminator.

This is my favourite outfit of Craig's so far. It's so cool. Daniel Craig looks sexy af. CJF and Craig understands that Bond is a more of a character you can emotionally invest in when he's a little more broken and bleeding.

I found a high-ri version of the photo from the set. I've spotted a number of folk:

I can see:
    1. Daniel Craig
    2. CJF
    4. MGW
    5. Suttirat Larlarb
    6. Mark Tildesley
    7. Lashana Lynch
    8. Lottie Geliot
    10. Jon Mallard
    11. Linus Sandgren
    12. Marie Mouroum (check out her photos for the wrap party shots. Lashana organised some jerk chicken and there are a lot of cakes)

Guess let's see what happens Monday/Tuesday - if they do ship the trailer for US screenings of Terminator/or it gets rated...
  • RC7RC7
    Love this. Love it.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Me neither. I'm getting the retro vibe with this one alright. Didn't feel it too much with SF or SP.

Me either, every time that I read that, I wonder,’ what are they looking at?’ .
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 309
    I don't spend as much time following Bond 25 production as some of you. So I don't see every instagram pic, every tweet of behind the scenes antics. I only check in here when theres about 300 - 400 new posts, and most of the time just skip to the most recent page of comments. So I have a slightly different perspective, from the outside. I hear nothing, absolutely nothing about Bond unless its on this sitw, and this is what is worrying me.

Unless I visited here, I probably wouldn't even know who was in it, thats how poor EON have been with marketing this thing thus far. I remember there was a big splash about Lynchs casting, but after that none of the campaign has struck a note. I notice people saying that the promotion won't start until December time, but by then we will probably be getting trailers for all the big summer movies of 2020. Its hard to see how Bond will make an impact and not get swept under the rug this time. When we got the jamaican video it felt like we would be getting 4 - 5 more throughout production of the different locations. Now filming has wrapped (or about finished) and no more have come?

All we have so far it a basic as basic gets teaser poster and a title (the less spoken about which the better). I haven't been hyped for Bond 25 for along time, but now am struggling to remain engaged whatsoever. There needs to be SOMETHING positive to come out of this production soon, everything apart from the Jamaica video has been bad or mediocre. And this is from a lifelong fan of the Bond movies, and supportive fan until SP. It is sad to see, or feel that Bond is slipping behind, the teaser HAS to correct many things, put us straight that Bond IS the lead character, and the whole thing hasn't been copted by political ideology like STAR WARS and Marvel. Though, if Noamis comments are to be believed there isn't much hope for that.

Even though much has been made of Eon's tight marketing control thus far, I do believe the strategy for NTTD is on trend for the industry. I'll site the current Star Wars campaign and Universal's Fast & Furious films as examples--concentrated, high impact roll outs leveraged with other pop culture events. I fully expect a TV spot or trailer for NTTD to air during the American Super Bowl.

Also, I think Eon is consciously using social media to its advantage.

"Last week was handily dominated by the announcement of Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker’s last trailer."

"Said announcement led all three tracked social media services, to no one’s surprise."

"Quietly and with little fanfare No Time To Die took the runner-up position on all three services. Its numbers were not huge, but the fact that it is generating that level of interest six months from release without a trailer or major news only spells good things for its potential."

- from Box Office Pro

https://www.boxofficepro.com/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-dominates-social-media-with-trailer-announcement/

I'm not getting a retro vibe from NTTD (yet) either - with the exception of Craig's Matera outfit with the suspenders.
    First still:

Love it. Looks like Bond has travelled to the first half of the last century. It has a post-Victorian semi-industrial noir look to it. Yep, I've just thrown all those references together just like that. Looks good. So I take it Bond's into suspenders now, right? Craig can pull it of.
    Burgess wrote: »
    I don't spend as much time following Bond 25 production as some of you. So I don't see every instagram pic, every tweet of behind the scenes antics. I only check in here when theres about 300 - 400 new posts, and most of the time just skip to the most recent page of comments. So I have a slightly different perspective, from the outside. I hear nothing, absolutely nothing about Bond unless its on this sitw, and this is what is worrying me.

Unless I visited here, I probably wouldn't even know who was in it, thats how poor EON have been with marketing this thing thus far. I remember there was a big splash about Lynchs casting, but after that none of the campaign has struck a note. I notice people saying that the promotion won't start until December time, but by then we will probably be getting trailers for all the big summer movies of 2020. Its hard to see how Bond will make an impact and not get swept under the rug this time. When we got the jamaican video it felt like we would be getting 4 - 5 more throughout production of the different locations. Now filming has wrapped (or about finished) and no more have come?

All we have so far it a basic as basic gets teaser poster and a title (the less spoken about which the better). I haven't been hyped for Bond 25 for along time, but now am struggling to remain engaged whatsoever. There needs to be SOMETHING positive to come out of this production soon, everything apart from the Jamaica video has been bad or mediocre. And this is from a lifelong fan of the Bond movies, and supportive fan until SP. It is sad to see, or feel that Bond is slipping behind, the teaser HAS to correct many things, put us straight that Bond IS the lead character, and the whole thing hasn't been copted by political ideology like STAR WARS and Marvel. Though, if Noamis comments are to be believed there isn't much hope for that.

Even though much has been made of Eon's tight marketing control thus far, I do believe the strategy for NTTD is on trend for the industry. I'll site the current Star Wars campaign and Universal's Fast & Furious films as examples--concentrated, high impact roll outs leveraged with other pop culture events. I fully expect a TV spot or trailer for NTTD to air during the American Super Bowl.

"Last week was handily dominated by the announcement of Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker’s last trailer."

"Said announcement led all three tracked social media services, to no one’s surprise."

"Quietly and with little fanfare No Time To Die took the runner-up position on all three services. Its numbers were not huge, but the fact that it is generating that level of interest six months from release without a trailer or major news only spells good things for its potential."

- from Box Office Pro

https://www.boxofficepro.com/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-dominates-social-media-with-trailer-announcement/

This is exactly my point. Right now Bond is one of the biggest movies on the horizon. However, by the time it gets closer to release that will no longer be the case. I wonder where Bond 25 will be doing on socail media after the christmas season is over, and attention starts to turn towards the summer slate, with early trailers dropping in the new year.
    First still:

Very interesting and unexpected. Perhaps more publications will follow with 'exclusive' stills in the coming days.

I'm loving speculating where our man James must be. Definitely seems like it has to be a third act shot, and Bond certainly seems dressed in mission mode -- or the remnants of it. Perhaps we're getting a classic villain lair infiltration after all.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Benny wrote: »
    First still:

I knew Empire would drop something this week! Yes!!!

This is by far the best shot of Craig we have seen so far. Love the costume and the fact that Bond looks roughed up. It reminds me a little of the moment from OHMSS when Bond gets caught in the cogs at Piz Gloria.

I think this shot is from the finale as the buttons on the trousers are the same as Nomi's jacket here:

0_PAY-EXCLUSIVE-La-Seydoux-appears-upset-between-takes-filming-scenes-for-James-Bond-No-Time-To-Die-i.jpg

I’d argue this is the best shot of Craig in NTTD
    dgk7kpdldcjc.jpeg
    ua1ox6mmmk3v.jpeg

That's the absolute worst imo. Looks more like gay Bond (and I'm saying this as someone who is not straight).
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Burgess wrote: »

- from Box Office Pro

This is exactly my point. Right now Bond is one of the biggest movies on the horizon. However, by the time it gets closer to release that will no longer be the case. I wonder where Bond 25 will be doing on socail media after the christmas season is over, and attention starts to turn towards the summer slate, with early trailers dropping in the new year.
    I mean that's just inevitable. All films go through that same process. It's the business.

Also, I found this larger version of Cary and Daniel. Still on the hunt for a high quality version of the Empire still.

james-bond.jpg
  • weboffearweboffear Scotland
    Bond looks like he is wearing ski pants in the Empire picture to me
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited October 2019 Posts: 2,493
    So @antovolk do you think they are teeing up a busy week of media reports from the set/pictures/interviews/...............................and the trailer? It would sync up with the release of Terminator.

I can see:
    1. Daniel Craig
    2. CJF
    4. MGW
    5. Suttirat Larlarb
    6. Mark Tildesley
    7. Lashana Lynch
    8. Lottie Geliot
    10. Jon Mallard
    11. Linus Sandgren

I can also see Greg Wilson and Simon Waterstone.
  • I'm skeptical that they'd make the villain an 'environmentalist.' It's seems a little dumb to essentially caricature the Extinction Rebellion movement and turn them into 'villains.' I think if anything it'll be the other way around and Malek is trying to destroy the environment in some way.

If they do go in the opposite direction, we could get a very relatable villain - who might very well have a point but is too extreme in his beliefs.

Also, algae farms look really cool.

D378_11_333_0004_600.jpg
    https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fjenniferhicks%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F06%2FNM-Farm-east-to-west-300x225.jpg

Zen gardens are also beautiful:

3DAW-ZENGDN-img01.jpg
    japan-kyoto-hojoteien-zen-garden-kaz-chiba.jpg
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 309
    I'm skeptical that they'd make the villain an 'environmentalist.' It's seems a little dumb to essentially caricature the Extinction Rebellion movement and turn them into 'villains.' I think if anything it'll be the other way around and Malek is trying to destroy the environment in some way.

If they do go in the opposite direction, we could get a very relatable villain - who might very well have a point but is too extreme in his beliefs.

Also, algae farms look really cool.

D378_11_333_0004_600.jpg
    https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fjenniferhicks%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F06%2FNM-Farm-east-to-west-300x225.jpg

Zen gardens are also beautiful:

3DAW-ZENGDN-img01.jpg
    japan-kyoto-hojoteien-zen-garden-kaz-chiba.jpg

If true, could this be an updated/remixed "garden of death" adapted from the "You Only Live Twice" novel?