The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• edited October 2019 Posts: 17,241
    In two minds whether to take a hit to get Jiminez in and finally abandon the Greenwood experiment

What's the additional transfer you must make to do the Greenwood to Jiménez transfer?
    Or have you made a transfer already?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    In two minds whether to take a hit to get Jiminez in and finally abandon the Greenwood experiment

What's the additional transfer you must make to do the Greenwood to Jiménez transfer?

I only had one free transfer and used it to get Mount in, I have 3.2 in the bank so could upgrade to a three striker attack, plus Jiminez has had a two week rest, Southampton at home is a good fixture

I only had one free transfer and used it to get Mount in, I have 3.2 in the bank so could upgrade to a three striker attack, plus Jiminez has had a two week rest, Southampton at home is a good fixture

I'd be tempted to make that move, unless you can field a decent starting eleven with two strikers and Greenwood on the bench.

Have you taken many hits so far this season?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I'd be tempted to make that move, unless you can field a decent starting eleven with two strikers and Greenwood on the bench.

Only taken one hit all season though last time I checked my squad had four potential injured players. May leave it to the last minute, though going to listen to Football Scout shortly to see if there is any team news

Only taken one hit all season though last time I checked my squad had four potential injured players. May leave it to the last minute, though going to listen to Football Scout shortly to see if there is any team news

Same here, one hit so far. I should probably have taken one more hit somewhere in the last few gameweeks though, and got Abraham earlier. That might even have saved me from spending the wildcard now! It's a difficult balance how many hits you should and should not take, I feel.

I'd definitely wait for team news before taking that hit. If you have four potential injuries, one of those players might be more important to potentially transfer out. If all are fit to play, then maybe the Greenwood transfer will be worth to look at.

Same here, one hit so far. I should probably have taken one more hit somewhere in the last few gameweeks though, and got Abraham earlier. That might even have saved me from spending the wildcard now! It's a difficult balance how many hits you should and should not take, I feel.

I'd definitely wait for team news before taking that hit. If you have four potential injuries, one of those players might be more important to potentially transfer out. If all are fit to play, then maybe the Greenwood transfer will be worth to look at.

That one hit was unnecessary for me though that's with hindsight, I have had good points on the bench wasted because of a few transfers. A few times I have missed out on Kelly points for example.

I could wait for Jiminez though that Southampton fixture is tempting me, if I made no hit transfer I may be better off assuming my squad is in better shape at kick off

That one hit was unnecessary for me though that's with hindsight, I have had good points on the bench wasted because of a few transfers. A few times I have missed out on Kelly points for example.

I could wait for Jiminez though that Southampton fixture is tempting me, if I made no hit transfer I may be better off assuming my squad is in better shape at kick off

I agree, at home to Southampton is a tempting fixture. I think the only way to decide if the transfer is worth it, is by predicting how many points you can see Jiménez getting from that fixture. If you predict him to get six points for example, then it might not be worth it. Example:

- Jiménez 6 points - 4 points for the hit = 2 points.
    - Saving transfer and the player you play instead of Greenwood scores two points = 2 points and a slightly better overall rank because of less transfers made.
    No-room-for-racism-lock-up-image.png
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,102

I agree, at home to Southampton is a tempting fixture. I think the only way to decide if the transfer is worth it, is by predicting how many points you can see Jiménez getting from that fixture. If you predict him to get six points for example, then it might not be worth it. Example:

- Saving transfer and the player you play instead of Greenwood scores two points = 2 points and a slightly better overall rank because of less transfers made.

Just checked my team 3 players still a doubt, yeah taking a hit you want a haul to cover it. Salah still a doubt is concerning me
    P. S. I am past caring about my team we are crap, Ole out

Any more news re. the incident during the internationals?

Just checked my team 3 players still a doubt, yeah taking a hit you want a haul to cover it. Salah still a doubt is concerning me

The Liverpool press conference is today, so I guess if Salah is a doubt, you may hear about it this afternoon:

Any more Allegri news?

The Liverpool press conference is today, so I guess if Salah is a doubt, you may hear about it this afternoon:

Any more Allegri news?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11838117/wes-morgan-becomes-adviser-in-premier-leagues-no-room-for-racism-campaign

---

I have the day off today so will try to catch the press conferences myself if I can stay awake
    Great news !

My 3 players that had injury niggles are all fit and ready to play according to the FPL and the managers press conferences !!
    Salah the only player in my squad a doubt now so not taking a hit, Norwich have quite a few returning players so there may be a contest at Bournemouth I am tempted to play Pukki and Cantwell, Cantwell may play as a number 10
    Was there any news about Salah? Haven't had time to check what was said during the press conferences.
    Was there any news about Salah?

Klopp doing a Pep not much said at all

Typical. Anyway, I'm on Mané in my current wildcard draft, and its likely to stay that way unless there's some rumours/late developments.

Any more Allegri news?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11838117/wes-morgan-becomes-adviser-in-premier-leagues-no-room-for-racism-campaign

Great initiative!

Typical. Anyway, I'm on Mané in my current wildcard draft, and its likely to stay that way unless there's some rumours/late developments.

Any more Allegri news?

Great initiative!
    De Bruyne is back I was hoping he would miss this week as don't have him currently and want to keep Son for Watford game

Any more Allegri news?

Great initiative!
    De Bruyne is back I was hoping he would miss this week as don't have him currently and want to keep Son for Watford game

I've kept him through injury, so that's great news for my team. I just hope he starts the game this weekend!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    My team for Gameweek 9:

Ryan
    Boly, Frederiks, Dunk
    Mount, H Wilson, McGinn, Salah
    Abraham, Aubameyang, Aguero (C).
    My team for Gameweek 9:

Ryan
    Boly, Frederiks, Dunk
    Mount, H Wilson, McGinn, Salah
    Abraham, Aubameyang, Aguero (C).

Looks solid, @DaltonCraig007!
    A bit late, but here are the gameweek 10 captaincy picks!
    Abraham: 5
    Sterling: 4
    Agüero: 2
    Aubameyang: 2
    Mané: 2
    Kane: 1
    Vardy: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Salah: 1

Abraham and Sterling are the most popular captains in our league this weekend, in a gameweek where there are many captaincy options that can do well. Good luck everybody!
    Son rested to be honest I knew it may happen, I almost took a hit for KDB though I am proving to be tight with hits so far this season. Hopefully Son will get game time and score against a leaky Watford
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Watford 1-0 Spurs.
    Spurs losing at home to Watford why am I not surprised, there aging defence is an issue.
    Son rested to be honest I knew it may happen, I almost took a hit for KDB though I am proving to be tight with hits so far this season. Hopefully Son will get game time and score against a leaky Watford

I'm sure Son will come on. Sp*rs need him on the pitch.
    Another dud week on the horizon for me, I am always weary of post International break hangover from some players.
    Another dud week on the horizon for me, I am always weary of post International break hangover from some players.

Looks so for me as well…

Looks so for me as well…

It looks like a week when City assets may bail some people out, I only have Sterling @-)

Looks so for me as well…

It looks like a week when City assets may bail some people out, I only have Sterling @-)

I took Sterling out!
    Just got a lot worse as a few late first half goals have wiped out any clean sheet potential I had