No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Someone wrote: »
    I think Italy will be the prime location for 75% of the film. There will be important intermediate scenes in Norway, Jamaica, UK, but to me this feels like the early Connery-films. Especially FRWL/DN with a dash of CR. With that I mean Italy will be even more important than in all previous Craig-outings, plot-wise. The reason we see both the DB5 and V8 Vantage is probably because they will be two separate plot parts.

It feels like they have been filming in Italy for a long time, but it is only 4-5 weeks, and that only really translates to about 25 minutes, out of what will be likely a 2h 20min film. We know Matera is scene 17 or 18 to 50-something. That is about 38 scenes, which is about 26 minutes of screen time. A week of filming produces about 5 minutes of screen time, so the Matera love scenes and chase are going to be about 25 minutes maximum.

It's very likely that other parts of Italy are doubling for somewhere else. I think Norway, which may actually be Russia considering the car number plates we've seen, will be the third act, so that is 20-30 minutes, and Jamaica will simply be a few minutes when Leiter goes to find Bond after Matera. Cuba will probably take up more time as we know they filmed in Pinewood for Cuba, as well as Jamaica. I think it was 3 weeks in total filming in Jamaica? Then you have the London filming.

Matera is starting to feel too long to be the PTS.
  • Someone wrote: »
    I think Italy will be the prime location for 75% of the film. There will be important intermediate scenes in Norway, Jamaica, UK, but to me this feels like the early Connery-films. Especially FRWL/DN with a dash of CR. With that I mean Italy will be even more important than in all previous Craig-outings, plot-wise. The reason we see both the DB5 and V8 Vantage is probably because they will be two separate plot parts.

It feels like they have been filming in Italy for a long time, but it is only 4-5 weeks, and that only really translates to about 25 minutes, out of what will be likely a 2h 20min film. We know Matera is scene 17 or 18 to 50-something. That is about 38 scenes, which is about 26 minutes of screen time. A week of filming produces about 5 minutes of screen time, so the Matera love scenes and chase are going to be about 25 minutes maximum.

It's very likely that other parts of Italy are doubling for somewhere else. I think Norway, which may actually be Russia considering the car number plates we've seen, will be the third act, so that is 20-30 minutes, and Jamaica will simply be a few minutes when Leiter goes to find Bond after Matera. Cuba will probably take up more time as we know they filmed in Pinewood for Cuba, as well as Jamaica. I think it was 3 weeks in total filming in Jamaica? Then you have the London filming.

I'm starting to think it's...
    • Tense, snowy, short Norway opening
    • Main titles
    • Bond in Jamaica, retired, we aren't totally sure why
    • Felix shows up, trying to convince him to join a mission
    • Bond debating, reminiscing....Matera is all a flashback about why he's alone
    • Back to present, Bond joins Felix mission
    • Cuban sequence
    • Yada yada yada
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    Someone wrote: »

I think, when compared to "SPECTRE", there's much less certainty on "No Time To Die" how the exact story will look like. It could also be the case that fast amount of sets inside Pinewood, of which we don't know of, are doubling for Italy too.

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited September 2019 Posts: 3,497
    AgentM72 wrote: »

• Main titles
    • Cuban sequence
    • Yada yada yada

The "yada yada yada" could be him meeting M & Tanner again.

Or am I the only one who's convinced that's him saying goodbye forever? :-?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    JamesCraig wrote: »

• Main titles
    • Cuban sequence
    • Yada yada yada

The "yada yada yada" could be him meeting M & Tanner again.

Or am I the only one who's convinced that's him saying goodbye forever? :-?

Well we know that Bond and M have a meeting at some point. Prince Charles' visit coincided with this filming.
    Contraband wrote: »
    Anybody know if this is from NTTD? London?

re3UGft.jpg
    A Beatles Abbey Road nod? They really like to tease poor Danny Boyle, don't they ;-)?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

• Main titles
    • Cuban sequence
    • Yada yada yada

Possible.

Such a 20 minutes flashback is not quite typical Bond material, but we know Cary likes to go back and forward in his works. I would not be against it.

• Main titles
    • Cuban sequence
    • Yada yada yada

I don't see any dramatic logic for the flashback scene to Matera - it just doesn't feel right when a straight narrative can explain all while it also maintains drama, suspense and danger. I think we are simply in for a long pre-title - a mini-movie which opens with Norway (some time in the past perhaps?) and then finds Bond and Swann together, directing following on from SP, in Matera, and ends with them parting ways. 20+ mins - and then titles.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    edited September 2019 Posts: 323
    Daniel, Cary, his AD and Linus.
  • J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco
    edited September 2019 Posts: 78
    matt_u wrote: »

• Main titles
    • Cuban sequence
    • Yada yada yada

Possible.

Such a 20 minutes flashback is not quite typical Bond material, but we know Cary likes to go back and forward in his works. I would not be against it.

I think that would be rather inspired and would add to the credence of Barbara Broccoli saying we find Bond in Jamaica. Perhaps when he is contemplating assisting Felix he remembers the last time he was in action, which would be Matera soon after Spectre. The talk of his depression could also play a part in this as well. It is all very interesting.
  • ColonelSun wrote: »

• Main titles
    • Cuban sequence
    • Yada yada yada

I don't see any dramatic logic for the flashback scene to Matera - it just doesn't feel right when a straight narrative can explain all while it also maintains drama, suspense and danger. I think we are simply in for a long pre-title - a mini-movie which opens with Norway (some time in the past perhaps?) and then finds Bond and Swann together, directing following on from SP, in Matera, and ends with them parting ways. 20+ mins - and then titles.

I think that's equally possible and frankly the most likely, yes. They've shown in the 'modern' era no real hesitation about having a quite-long PTS. And if a big piece of it is an edge-of-your-seat thrilling chase sequence, that time will fly by.

They could also change plans in the edit. The Norway sequence was suggested as PTS by the clapperboards, but depending on its place in the story (and time where it's set), could be moved after the titles as well.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

"What, you're telling me Mendes set a record for the film biggest explosion? Well, I'll set the record for Bond's longest PTS ever. Watch this, mr Apted."
  • RC7RC7
    I think there are a lot more pieces to this jigsaw than we truly know about, which is a great position to be in.
    RC7 wrote: »
    I think there are a lot more pieces to this jigsaw than we truly know about, which is a great position to be in.

Agree. Many of those pieces will likely be what's done (and is yet to be shot) at Pinewood.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Contraband wrote: »
    Wonder who the guy in the middle is? AD? Name?

@slyfox
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 3,160

• Main titles
    • Cuban sequence
    • Yada yada yada
    Scene 15 is Norway and scene 17 is Bond arriving in Matera. So Jamaica is either 1-10'ish or scenes from 60-80'ish before heading to Cuba.
    matt_u wrote: »
    But now the question is... why Bond doesn't come back to work?
    And why does he try to seduce Lynch - and most likely later - Paloma, when Bond and Swann seemed very much in love with each other in Matera?
    Zekidk wrote: »

• Main titles
    • Cuban sequence
    • Yada yada yada
    Scene 15 is Norway and scene 17 is Bond arriving in Matera. So Jamaica is either 1-10'ish or scenes from 60-80'ish before heading to Cuba.

Yes, and, I believe from memory, the clapperboards we glimpsed from the Jamaica shoot supports your view.

The Cuba and Jamaica action set pieces are what’s missing.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited September 2019 Posts: 2,494
    r0GuYtH.jpg

fONMhZo.jpg

No time to die, but plenty of time to fall off a ladder!
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    daniel-craig-autografo.jpg

your embeds for sassilive pics never seem to work @Red_Snow ….
    In any case, I found the link ;-). Watching all these pictures...and especially all the joy of it looking at Daniel Craig...makes me think of a great idea.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Daniel's teh coolest. :)>-
    @GertGettler Oh? I can see the pics ... :-?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,548
    r0GuYtH.jpg

fONMhZo.jpg

For a second there, Dan apparently forgot the title of the film. "No Time for..." Oh, wait.

I have never seen someone write Es, Ts, and Fs like he does. He writes an E first like an L and then adds the two upper lines. Highly unusual.
    r0GuYtH.jpg

fONMhZo.jpg

That's taken in the Monkey Drink House. A tiny Matera coffee shop by day, a lively little bar at night, specialising in gin! Most the production team were there every night! Sometimes until 5am!!

I heard one spoiler below on my trip from a senior source. @00Agent was with me at the time too. It's part of a spoiler but it also raises lots of questions that I don't know the answers to yet. In the last week I've told three members on here who I know in person well but kept it from here until now as I'm now back from my travels so I thought it's time to list it for everyone. It's about the Madeleine Swann character. If you want to avoid it then just look away...
    Swann will really "screw Bond over" in the film. Bond will put a lot of love and trust in her and confide in her and open up but she plays with his emotions.

I DON'T know:

- If she is bad/working for Spectre
    - Or if she is being blackmailed
    - Or if she just doesn't want to be with him and wants an escape

But either way, Bond is affected/betrayed by whatever happens.

That's all I know but I guess it's another case of this film really linking back in many ways to Casino Royale like they hinted. There will be lots of Casino Royale parallels to Vesper, trust, betrayal, as well as him joining/rejoining the service in this film.

Now that I'm back home I'll make sure the photos and videos are uploaded one way or another this week for you all to see.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,343
    slyfox wrote: »
    r0GuYtH.jpg

fONMhZo.jpg

That's taken in the Monkey Drink House. A tiny Matera coffee shop by day, a lively little bar at night, specialising in gin! Most the production team were there every night! Sometimes until 5am!!

I heard one spoiler below on my trip from a senior source. @00Agent was with me at the time too. It's part of a spoiler but it also raises lots of questions that I don't know the answers to yet. In the last week I've told three members on here who I know in person well but kept it from here until now as I'm now back from my travels so I thought it's time to list it for everyone. It's about the Madeleine Swann character. If you want to avoid it then just look away...
    Swann will really "screw Bond over" in the film. Bond will put a lot of love and trust in her and confide in her and open up but she plays with his emotions.

I DON'T know:

- If she is bad/working for Spectre
    - Or if she is being blackmailed
    - Or if she just doesn't want to be with him and wants an escape

But either way, Bond is affected/betrayed by whatever happens.

That's all I know but I guess it's another case of this film really linking back in many ways to Casino Royale like they hinted. There will be lots of Casino Royale parallels to Vesper, trust, betrayal, as well as him joining/rejoining the service in this film.

Now that I'm back home I'll make sure the photos and videos are uploaded one way or another this week for you all to see.

Thanks. Swann character had some potential in SP but in the film there were already too many things to handle. I always felt she had much more to bring to the role. Regarding this bit of info,
    I don't think they'll make her just a Vesper 2.0. Her being just "bad" sounds too much out of character given the events of SP.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    How spoilery is that spoiler?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    jake24 wrote: »
    How spoilery is that spoiler?

I'd say pretty spoilery. It talks about potential events and/or characterizations that Swann will see in the film.