No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,312
    Univex wrote: »
    Greg Williams should have a photo shoot with Craig and those 10 DB5s. Now that would make History ;)

I count 9 (and only 8 in the official 007.com picture with the 3 V8's and the Valhalla), but yes, that would be great.

... oops, I stand corrected, missed contrabands first picture. 10 it is. And all with BMW engines?
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Crew camp.

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    :D

• Contraband wrote: »
    :D

N3Tg.gif
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    That's excellent GIF usage, @Pierce2Daniel! Truly amazing!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Pavlo wrote: »

Man. That is a very high rise on those pants.
    Are they done with the balcony set?? I mean both Units have wrapped in Matera and now focus is on Gravina. Find it strange building that big thing just to have Lea on the balcony say 1 min in the film or have we missed out on more shooting maybe? Perhaps with Craig joining her.

@slyfox do you know anything?

Taken this afternoon:

zfynqZr.jpg

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    received-477680993078887.jpg

received-2396091860478858.jpg

received-371123820438681.jpg

received-385579595667201.jpg

received-518445568918689.jpg

received-532311917524367.jpg

received-546359632774742.jpg

received-699431100468582.jpg

received-967525253591046.jpg

• GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    Contraband wrote: »
    Are they done with the balcony set?? I mean both Units have wrapped in Matera and now focus is on Gravina. Find it strange building that big thing just to have Lea on the balcony say 1 min in the film or have we missed out on more shooting maybe? Perhaps with Craig joining her.

Taken this afternoon:

zfynqZr.jpg

I think one of the reasons we have more and more of such 'weird' on-site set constructions, is because EON Productions seems not to be so interested anymore in long, extensive location scouting? In the old days, the production team simply were filming in a huge, luxury hotel, like Hotel Cala Di Volpe in Sardinia.

Obviously lots of ideas have been drawn out by the production designer, but I think there wasn't enough time anymore to find such a real-life hotel. Hence they throw all the money at building an on-set construction. And I think it's not only cheaper, it's especially more time-efficient given the fact that NTTD is pretty much a heavily delayed production (you can't rent space at Pinewood for years hehe).

I guess a solution like this is a bit of an 'in-betweener', being not built up at Pinewood, but still necessary to build real-life on a location.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Taken this afternoon:

zfynqZr.jpg

I think one of the reasons we have more and more of such 'weird' on-site set constructions, is because EON Productions seems not to be so interested anymore in long, extensive location scouting? In the old days, the production team simply were filming in a huge, luxury hotel, like Hotel Cala Di Volpe in Sardinia.

Obviously lots of ideas have been drawn out by the production designer, but I think there wasn't enough time anymore to find such a real-life hotel. Hence they throw all the money at building an on-set construction. And I think it's not only cheaper, it's especially more time-efficient given the fact that NTTD is pretty much a heavily delayed production (you can't rent space at Pinewood for years hehe).

I guess a solution like this is a bit of an 'in-betweener', being not built up at Pinewood, but still necessary to build real-life on a location.
    I'd be very interested to see how they'd react to that comment.
    You really haven't been following along the past five years have you @GertGettler
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    received-477680993078887.jpg

received-2396091860478858.jpg

received-371123820438681.jpg

received-385579595667201.jpg

received-518445568918689.jpg

received-532311917524367.jpg

received-546359632774742.jpg

received-699431100468582.jpg

received-967525253591046.jpg

Why are his pants so high?
    edited September 2019 Posts: 10,588
    You get a pretty good look at the monitor in this one:

8ign54dt5pvn.jpg
    q6fycstgrrxa.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    edited September 2019 Posts: 10,512
    jake24 wrote: »

Taken this afternoon:

zfynqZr.jpg

Likewise. It’s equally possible that they scouted the location, fell in love with it, and wanted to capture a very specific view.

From my point of the view the luxury of a Bond production is they can indulge themselves in that regard, where a cheaper film would fudge it. But if you’ve got a stick up your arse about EON you’ll look to concoct even a slither of conjecture that seeks to give it a negative slant.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 3,018

Try this for video

https://keepvid.pro/facebook-video-downloader

I tried but I don't have an account yet.

Edit:

Seen it now. Useless 15 sec. They kiss but still useless
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    RC7 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

Taken this afternoon:

zfynqZr.jpg

Likewise. It’s equally possible that they scouted the location, fell in love with it, and wanted to capture a very specific view.

From my point of the view the luxury of a Bond production is they can indulge themselves in that regard, where a cheaper film would fudge it. But if you’ve got a stick up your arse about EON you’ll look to concoct even a slither of conjecture that seeks to give it a negative slant.

Way more eloquently put than I could’ve managed, well in.

Also good spot on the zoom @jake24
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    But if you’ve got a stick up your arse about EON you’ll look to concoct even a slither of conjecture that seeks to give it a negative slant.

Jeez. Maybe it...ehmm….ISSS.....cheaper to film that way? Thus very cost-efficient for EON? What do you think @RC7?

Look, can I also look forward to NTTD? It interests me hugely what they are doing. And I have been over my heads about this shot. Truly magnificent:

But if you’ve got a stick up your arse about EON you’ll look to concoct even a slither of conjecture that seeks to give it a negative slant.

Jeez. Maybe it...ehmm….ISSS.....cheaper to film that way? Thus very cost-efficient for EON? What do you think @RC7?

Look, can I also look forward to NTTD? It interests me hugely what they are doing. And I have been over my heads about this shot. Truly magnificent:

I agree @GertGettler. This Matera shoot has me flummoxed. And I love it.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade

Is this Range Rover in the movie? It has German registration plates from the area around Frankfurt.

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    zebrafish wrote: »

Is this Range Rover in the movie? It has German registration plates from the area around Frankfurt.

All but certain it’s just to transfer the actors to and from set.
    Are they done with the balcony set?? I mean both Units have wrapped in Matera and now focus is on Gravina. Find it strange building that big thing just to have Lea on the balcony say 1 min in the film
    Same thing can be said about the cabin they built in Norway!
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Are they done with the balcony set?? I mean both Units have wrapped in Matera and now focus is on Gravina. Find it strange building that big thing just to have Lea on the balcony say 1 min in the film
    Same thing can be said about the cabin they built in Norway!

Exactly. Given what we seen so far, all behind-the-scenes stuff, it's still only about 20-30%. If that.

• PavloPavlo Ukraine
    What is number of scene on clapperboard from photo from FB (where Maddy and James kissing)?
    Vzkv5cb.jpg
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Vzkv5cb.jpg

Is it the earliest scene from Matera?
    It is making me laugh the sheer amount of confusion on this thread about NTTD. :))
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    @RogueAgent A welcome change. I think we already had most of the Spectre plot figured out by this point, even without the leak.
    Vzkv5cb.jpg

Whatever scene it is, it features Daniel Craig, even though we can't see him. The man with the sweater around his neck, looking at his phone, is his personal bodyguard.
    Vzkv5cb.jpg

It's the scene I reported on here (Bond/Swann arriving at hotel) but the Aston Martin driving scenes on the coast, through the tunnel and entering Matera will be directly before this.