No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018
    Madeline sitting passenger side....wearing white. Has Bond just got married?
    Univex wrote: »
    There’s a blonde woman in the passenger’s seat ;)

Screenshot from video nr 5: Swann??

bha7c76.jpg

• edited August 2019 Posts: 3,156
    Madeline sitting passenger side....wearing white. Has Bond just got married?

She was also wearing a white dress when they drove off in London at the end of SP. Also exact same haircut.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    Zekidk wrote: »

[edit) Could you please do the same with the other 4 clips, the direct video link? Don't know how to do it myself.
  • infoviseinfovise Ireland
    The PTS is looking to be set right after Spectre. I have a feeling that something goes wrong when Bond and Madeline are trying to escape and Madeline is believed to be dead like 006 at the start of Goldeneye. I think Madeline 'dies' because it's only Craig's stunt double diving on to the rope.
    Bond's not wearing the same clothes as in the bridge jump, is he? Isn't he wearing white as well in these videos?
    infovise wrote: »
    it's only Craig's stunt double diving on to the rope.
    The stuntdriver is wearing a light-grey suit, hence it can't be Bond diving from the bridge, unless it's later in the movie.
    infovise wrote: »
    The PTS is looking to be set right after Spectre.
    At the very end of SP Bond, when he drives off, he was wearing a dark grey suit and a blue shirt.
    It is the same suit from the bridge jump.

Is it? Where can you see it?

Looks like you are right:
    mJEMFZf.jpg

• infoviseinfovise Ireland
    Maybe Craig uses the rope to get down to the DB5?

mJEMFZf.jpg

I'm always right.

It looks as though they have moved to another road for the next shot:

I wonder why they are using a different numberplate? They were filming with the iconic GF numberplate. Perhaps this is returning:

gf1.gif?resize=660%2C395&ssl=1
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 6,606

mJEMFZf.jpg

I see. So, When Bond jumps from the bridge, there's no Madeleine around.

Also, good to see people on the streets trying to get out of the way. No Rome-by-night empty streets re-ash.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Maybe the car get's trashed, she gets killed and he has to flee on foot until he jumps off the bridge and disappears?
    Just an idea.
    00Agent wrote: »
    Maybe the car get's trashed, she gets killed and he has to flee on foot until he jumps off the bridge and disappears?
    Just an idea.

Could we on to something........................................................................

I guess the wedding is on the beach and they have a honeymoon night in Matera (the balcony set). But they are being stalked by Dali Bensallah's character throughout. Then on a quiet drive in the DB5 through Matera, the chase starts. I assume the finale of the chase is Bond on teh bridge making the decision to jump.

Swann either dies beforehand in a car accident or she is kidnapped. Remember.........the whole film is about a kidnapped scientist. We know Swan is a doctor, so it would kinda work.

The plot of the entire film could be to rescue Madeleine.
    No more filming? :)
    As character development, Swann fighting SPECTRE would be epic.

It wouldn't really follow her character. `she'll fight them if she is fo
    00Agent wrote: »
    Just an idea.

Could we on to something........................................................................

I guess the wedding is on the beach and they have a honeymoon night in Matera (the balcony set). But they are being stalked by Dali Bensallah's character throughout. Then on a quiet drive in the DB5 through Matera, the chase starts. I assume the finale of the chase is Bond on teh bridge making the decision to jump.

Swann either dies beforehand in a car accident or she is kidnapped. Remember.........the whole film is about a kidnapped scientist. We know Swan is a doctor, so it would kinda work.

The plot of the entire film could be to rescue Madeleine.

If, as you speculate, Madeleine is -
    kidnapped in the pr-title sequence, then Bond would never give up the search for her, but we know we next find him alone in Jamaica. So I am beginning to wonder if, against my previous arguments, Madeleine is killed in the opening, but it is not as straight forward as we or Bond thinks.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

mJEMFZf.jpg

Also, good to see people on the streets trying to get out of the way. No Rome-by-night empty streets re-ash.

Have you ever walked in Rome's historical center at late night, not in the week-end? I did, many times, even in Vatican City and I can assure everybody that it is really that empty. Felt like an open air museum closed to the public. Which is shocking, since during the day is like a jungle.

BTW, what we speculated many times seems to be confirmed. This is taking place right after SP. Which is logic, since SP ended with Bond quitting the job with Madeleine and the premise of this movie is a retired Bond, alone, in Jamaica. Something really bad will happen to both the DB5 and Madeleine, but since Seydoux is billed as the female lead of the film seems highly likely that she won't really die in the PTS. I find it hard to figure out how the cemetery - so close to the bridge where Bond jumps - and the "old flame rumor" would fit into this.

matt_u wrote: »

mJEMFZf.jpg

Have you ever walked in Rome's historical center at late night, not in the week-end? I did, many times, even in Vatican City and I can assure everybody that it is really that empty. Felt like an open air museum closed to the public. Which is shocking, since during the day is like a jungle.

You're absolutely right. There's nothing wrong with that chase as it is. At that time, the streets are quite empty. They could, nonetheless, have filmed at a more busy hour, making it more exciting. But, in my book, there's nothing wrong with it as it is presented on film. I've always said that. Personally, I actually like that eerie feeling one gets at that hour in a grand capital city such as Paris or Rome.

mJEMFZf.jpg

BTW, what we speculated many times seems to be confirmed. This is taking place right after SP. Which is logic, since SP ended with Bond quitting the job with Madeleine and the premise of this movie is a retired Bond, alone, in Jamaica. Something really bad will happen to both the DB5 and Madeleine, but since Seydoux is billed as the female lead of the film seems highly likely that she won't really die in the PTS. I find it hard to figure out how the cemetery - so close to the bridge where Bond jumps - and the "old flame rumor" would fit into this.

This is a leap, but could the grave belong to a certain Italian gentleman who got killed in QOS? Make sense he was buried back in his home town. Perhaps more sense than Vesper for example. Or, there's a time jump in the pre-titles...
    Bond and Maddy marry but are paused by Spectre agents and the car chase ends with Madeleine being killed - or so it might seem -- and Bond survives - then we jump to months later and Bond visits her grave at the location where she was killed -- but then he's ambushed again, hence his escape on the bridge - I think it's a bit convoluted to be honest, but thought I'd put it out there.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    There's a guy who writes on an italian movie forum I've been part for the last 10 years that lives in Matera - he was even an extra in some other Hollywood films filmed there - who told me he heard that in NTTD there will be flashbacks from Bond's childhood. I'm trying to verify this info because he just drop that like this.
    ColonelSun wrote: »

mJEMFZf.jpg

This is a leap, but could the grave belong to a certain Italian gentleman who got killed in QOS? Make sense he was buried back in his home town. Perhaps more sense than Vesper for example. Or, there's a time jump in the pre-titles...
    Bond and Maddy marry but are paused by Spectre agents and the car chase ends with Madeleine being killed - or so it might seem -- and Bond survives - then we jump to months later and Bond visits her grave at the location where she was killed -- but then he's ambushed again, hence his escape on the bridge - I think it's a bit convoluted to be honest, but thought I'd put it out there.

I've thought about that last option, Col. But he is wearing the same suit in both scenes.

Also, good call on Mathis grave. Could be. Could be.