The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Both City and United have decent fixtures, I really wish I did not bring in Greenwood as I maybe forced to wildcard

No way to move him out for a decent option?

Its because I have 3 United players already without Martial, just doing a mock Wildcard now. In two minds whether to bring in Zinchenko, concerned he will get dropped

I figured that is why you would want to transfer out Greenwood. Could you get another 4.5 striker and get Martial in somehow?

A Swedish FPL show I use to watch mentioned Mendy is back in training. If wildcarding, I would probably think about Zinchenko alternatives in order to save yourself from a potential future transfer.

Only if I take a 8 point hit, I am scrapping the Wildcard I cant justify it, I am only changing 4 bloody players :))

I will wait until next GW, with a free transfer and a hit I can do the swap then, hopefully Perez will get some points this GW and I still have 2.3M in the bank so it will be a easy move.

Sterling I will have to decide later, I do have Salah so I could chop and change as the season progresses.

Could work out! Try to take it easy on the hits though, if possible.

I got rid of Pérez myself, but it was mostly in order to fund another transfer (I was 0.1 short of not needing to do the Pérez transfer…). He will no doubt get a hat trick now!

It's a bit difficult with these expensive players. Keep an eye on how they perform; other options might present themselves in the coming gameweeks.
    I have a few FPL videos to watch I will see what the team updates are, trying to accomadate Sterling, Salah and Kane is difficult thats what I want... and keep KDB and get Martial. The only reason I will end up using the Wildcard is because for fear of being priced out of moves.

I agree I intend to be very careful with hits this season
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Both City and United have decent fixtures, I really wish I did not bring in Greenwood as I maybe forced to wildcard

No way to move him out for a decent option?

Its because I have 3 United players already without Martial, just doing a mock Wildcard now. In two minds whether to bring in Zinchenko, concerned he will get dropped

I figured that is why you would want to transfer out Greenwood. Could you get another 4.5 striker and get Martial in somehow?

A Swedish FPL show I use to watch mentioned Mendy is back in training. If wildcarding, I would probably think about Zinchenko alternatives in order to save yourself from a potential future transfer.

Only if I take a 8 point hit, I am scrapping the Wildcard I cant justify it, I am only changing 4 bloody players :))

I will wait until next GW, with a free transfer and a hit I can do the swap then, hopefully Perez will get some points this GW and I still have 2.3M in the bank so it will be a easy move.

Sterling I will have to decide later, I do have Salah so I could chop and change as the season progresses.

Could work out! Try to take it easy on the hits though, if possible.

I got rid of Pérez myself, but it was mostly in order to fund another transfer (I was 0.1 short of not needing to do the Pérez transfer…). He will no doubt get a hat trick now!

It's a bit difficult with these expensive players. Keep an eye on how they perform; other options might present themselves in the coming gameweeks.
    I have a few FPL videos to watch I will see what the team updates are, trying to accomadate Sterling, Salah and Kane is difficult thats what I want... and keep KDB and get Martial. The only reason I will end up using the Wildcard is because for fear of being priced out of moves.

I agree I intend to be very careful with hits this season

I guess it's possible to fit Sterling, Salah, Kane, KDB and Martial in the same team. You will likely have to go weak in defence though, which might be a bit risky. It's easy to upgrade the defence later by downgrading one of the premiums of course.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Just traded Hart for Pickford as GK. Hope it pays off [-O<
    Put all my Cherries on the bench as they're up against City. Aguero and Barnes up front.
    Still making little changes to the squad here and there. Not willing to use any of my cards just yet.
    I had to use my free transfer this week to get rid of Allison and bring in Pickford,so I will be relying on Aub and the 2 Wolves boys this weekend up front.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    To Wildcard or not to Wildcard, that is the question
    Benny wrote: »
    Just traded Hart for Pickford as GK. Hope it pays off [-O<
    Put all my Cherries on the bench as they're up against City. Aguero and Barnes up front.
    Still making little changes to the squad here and there. Not willing to use any of my cards just yet.

Hart has't played yet, has he? Should work out just fine.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I had to use my free transfer this week to get rid of Allison and bring in Pickford,so I will be relying on Aub and the 2 Wolves boys this weekend up front.

Wolves are doing great in EL; question is if they can do the same in the PL having played Thursday night!
    To Wildcard or not to Wildcard, that is the question

You ended up with two transfers?
    Here are the gameweek 3 captaincy picks!
    Sterling: 4
    Kane: 4
    Salah: 3
    Martial: 2
    Aubameyang: 2
    Agüero: 1
    Firmino: 1
    van Dijk: 1

Sterling and Kane are the most popular captains this gameweek, with Salah also a popular option. Good luck everyone!
    @Torgeirtrap Yeah I ended up using two free transfers, I have got to save Wildcard for when I really need it
    @Torgeirtrap Yeah I ended up using two free transfers, I have got to save Wildcard for when I really need it

That might end up a smart move. You never know what might happen; injuries, playeres in form, etc.

Still tempted to play the wildcard myself, but as the gameweek has just started I'll keep an eye on the games this weekend before deciding.

That might end up a smart move. You never know what might happen; injuries, playeres in form, etc.

Still tempted to play the wildcard myself, but as the gameweek has just started I'll keep an eye on the games this weekend before deciding.

I am glad I stayed clear of Everton assets, they lost 2 - 0 tonight. I almost brought Digne in, though looked at Keane also

I am glad I stayed clear of Everton assets, they lost 2 - 0 tonight. I almost brought Digne in, though looked at Keane also

Having both Digne and Heaton, this was a mixed feelings kind of result, haha! Still think Digne is a good option, but I am a bit tempted by other options.

Having both Digne and Heaton, this was a mixed feelings kind of result, haha! Still think Digne is a good option, but I am a bit tempted by other options.

Everton not being able to score will constantly put them under pressure, until there strikers sort themselves out I will stay clear for now. Though Digne is the most likely to deliver FPL points for sure

Everton not being able to score will constantly put them under pressure, until there strikers sort themselves out I will stay clear for now. Though Digne is the most likely to deliver FPL points for sure

Everton's attacking form is a worry for sure. They still have decent enough fixtures though, so they might pick up wins and/or clean sheets going forward.

Everton's attacking form is a worry for sure. They still have decent enough fixtures though, so they might pick up wins and/or clean sheets going forward.

Richarlison certainly not having the start of the last two seasons, I can't remember who they brought in during the summer, did they not buy a striker from Juve?
    Goal fest at Norwich 2 - 2 currently, Pukki has bagged me an assist and a Goal come on Pukki

Richarlison certainly not having the start of the last two seasons, I can't remember who they brought in during the summer, did they not buy a striker from Juve?

Yes, Moise Kean. He came on in the second half last night. Interesting player; will be interesting to see how he performs going forward.
    Goal fest at Norwich 2 - 2 currently, Pukki has bagged me an assist and a Goal come on Pukki

He's been brilliant in the first half. Hope he continues the same way in the second!

Yes, Moise Kean. He came on in the second half last night. Interesting player; will be interesting to see how he performs going forward.

He's been brilliant in the first half. Hope he continues the same way in the second!

One thing I have learnt from last season is you have to jump on form players quick, I dithered with Son last year and lost out on much of his points haul

One thing I have learnt from last season is you have to jump on form players quick, I dithered with Son last year and lost out on much of his points haul

It's a difficult balance. Form might be temporary, but as with Jiménez last season, some of those players can deliver all season – or for a longer period. Finding out who's likely to do so and not, is key.

It's a difficult balance. Form might be temporary, but as with Jiménez last season, some of those players can deliver all season – or for a longer period. Finding out who's likely to do so and not, is key.

I expect Pukki to dip at some point, that may be a result of Norwich realizing they cant play all out attack all season.

Luke Shaw injured looks like Hamstring

Palace just scored wt...

I expect Pukki to dip at some point, that may be a result of Norwich realizing they cant play all out attack all season.

He's on five goal already; at some point he won't pick up as many points, but for FPL it's great we have someone in that price range delivering.

Luke Shaw injured looks like Hamstring

Palace just scored wt...

Too bad for Shaw owners, that. Many options in that price range though.

Came close to wildcarding this week in order to bring in a United defender (and other players too, of course). Maybe, just maybe, the wildcard will be saved a bit longer now? Hm…
    Turning into a bad GW for me nothing going right, I backed Brighton and Sheffield United to get clean sheets, and United are not very good gr
    Turning into a bad GW for me nothing going right, I backed Brighton and Sheffield United to get clean sheets, and United are not very good gr

That's FPL for you! A brilliant score one gameweek might turn into something completely different the other. It's just so unpredictable this game.
    phew James has scored for United
    …And Patrick van Aanholt makes it 1-2. A massive result for Palace if it's 1-2 at full-time.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 23,104
    Doom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Zaha with second for Palace. Palace beats United for first time in Premier League history. One shot from United all game not good
    Martial looks injured, so glad I held off on my Wildcard
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    do we get an update on points as we go along or when this week's games end? I had Zaha today, is that good?
    do we get an update on points as we go along or when this week's games end? I had Zaha today, is that good?

Just check the website or App on your phone, look for Fantasy/Points or Points page
    Martial looks injured, so glad I held off on my Wildcard

Martial is on my watchlist. Have to follow the news throughout next week re. his potential injury.
    Adrian with almost another gaff for Liverpool