The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I have Pogba and Maguire so hopefully an assist from Pogba and a clean sheet will materialize
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Pogba won and missed a penalty 1 - 1 as Neves had equalized, dam!
    Made two free transfers and other than Perez I am happy with my squad, and managed to have 2.3M in the bank which will be helpful moving forward when rotating premium asset transfers depending on fixtures
    Made two free transfers and other than Perez I am happy with my squad, and managed to have 2.3M in the bank which will be helpful moving forward when rotating premium asset transfers depending on fixtures

Still debating on my own moves. I could see enough potential transfers to make it tempting to play the wildcard, but I will have to think about it.

Still debating on my own moves. I could see enough potential transfers to make it tempting to play the wildcard, but I will have to think about it.

I wanted to bring Martial in though Greenwood is blocking that move as it will take a 8 point hit as I will have to remove Greenwood. I got Pukki in before any further increase in price. Holding off on Wildcard for now as majority of my squad I want to keep
    edited August 2019 Posts: 23,060
    I could swap Martial for Pogba though next game at home to Palace Pogba is likely to get points
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    I could swap Martial for Pogba though next game at home to Palace Pogba is likely to get points

Could never have UTD players in my team....never.

A bit early Torg,I think we need to let the players get up to speed first,only been 2 games.

Could never have UTD players in my team....never.

I said something similar last season (my debut fpl season) about Liverpool players, that did not last long
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 17,235
    barryt007 wrote: »

A bit early Torg,I think we need to let the players get up to speed first,only been 2 games.

It is, but I see quite a few potential fires to put out. A lot will depend on the press conferences. If any of my players are out, I might wildcard.

Ideally you should hold on to the wildcard as long as possible, as you won't get another until January.
    Another gameweek is finished, and here's our gameweek 2 winner! =D>
    RfgTzg4.jpg

And here's how the league managed in gameweek 2! Team Extreme takes the lead after a solid 48 points, in a gameweek where the average score is 41 (down from 65 in gameweek 1). 13 out of 18 teams beat the average, but everyone below weren't far from reaching it.
    League table standings:

1. Team Extreme: GW 48 - TOT 132
    2. George’sRetroRockets: GW 37 - TOT 130
    3. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 39 - TOT 121
    4. GoldyTheRef: GW 48 - TOT 119
    5. EMRE CAN Fan: GW 45 - TOT 115
    6. Overload: GW 42 - TOT 114
    7. MysticWarlordsOfKa’a: GW 51 - TOT 109
    8. AFC Fritzson: GW 43 - TOT 108
    9. 11 FishFingers: GW 47 - TOT 108
    10. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 38 - TOT 103
    11. bobby’sfashionsense: GW 41 - TOT 102
    12. bliblikadek: GW 55 - TOT 101
    13. Anotherwastedcorner: GW 45 - TOT 99
    13. DICKLESS TOWN: GW 56 - TOT 99
    15. MEJICO POWA: GW 44 - TOT 96
    16. Benny’s Blues: GW 43 - TOT 93
    17. Anfield FC: GW 30 - TOT 82
    18. Flitwick Flyers: GW 37 - TOT 82

On a side note: How does these weekly gameweek summaries look to you? Are they alright, or is there anything more that could/should be added?
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Congratulations to George’sRetroRockets for topping this League in GW1.

Thanks, buddy. Amazed I'm still second after GW2 - given I keep forgetting to make Sterling captain. ;)
    St_George wrote: »
    Congratulations to George’sRetroRockets for topping this League in GW1.

Thanks, buddy. Amazed I'm still second after GW2 - given I keep forgetting to make Sterling captain. ;)

At least you have Sterling in your squad, though De Bruyne is proving to be a decent alternative currently

---

Congratulations to DICKLESS TOWN
    RfgTzg4.jpg

And here's how the league managed in gameweek 2! Team Extreme takes the lead after a solid 48 points, in a gameweek where the average score is 41 (down from 65 in gameweek 1). 13 out of 18 teams beat the average, but everyone below weren't far from reaching it.
    League table standings:

14. DICKLESS TOWN: GW 56 - TOT 99

On a side note: How does these weekly gameweek summaries look to you? Are they alright, or is there anything more that could/should be added?

Looks spot on
    RfgTzg4.jpg

League table standings:

14. DICKLESS TOWN: GW 56 - TOT 99

Looks spot on

Great! Keep me posted if you have any suggestions :-)
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Dickless Town. :))
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    edited August 2019 Posts: 221

I thank you. Aren't the Dickies 11th by the way?

I thank you. Aren't the Dickies 11th by the way?

DICKLESS TOWN is shared 13th with Anotherwastedcorner. Forgot to edit the league table rankings before posting.
    Remember it's a Friday night deadline this gameweek! 19:00 UK time.

Cheers, I have been good this week not looked at me team since Monday which is a major achievement for me

Cheers, I have been good this week not looked at me team since Monday which is a major achievement for me

Did a few early moves this week, and haven't spend much time on my team either. I'm still considering the wildcard, but it's almost getting a bit late in the week to play it.

Did a few early moves this week, and haven't spend much time on my team either. I'm still considering the wildcard, but it's almost getting a bit late in the week to play it.

I am simply because as good as my team is not having Sterling and Martial is a concern

I am simply because as good as my team is not having Sterling and Martial is a concern

No United coverage worries me; they're highly owned in the game, and any good result for United might mean a red arrow. As my teams looks now, I'll have to play the wildcard in order to bring any of them in.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 23,060

Both City and United have decent fixtures, I really wish I did not bring in Greenwood as I maybe forced to wildcard
    Both City and United have decent fixtures, I really wish I did not bring in Greenwood as I maybe forced to wildcard

No way to move him out for a decent option?

Its because I have 3 United players already without Martial, just doing a mock Wildcard now. In two minds whether to bring in Zinchenko, concerned he will get dropped

Its because I have 3 United players already without Martial, just doing a mock Wildcard now. In two minds whether to bring in Zinchenko, concerned he will get dropped

I figured that is why you would want to transfer out Greenwood. Could you get another 4.5 striker and get Martial in somehow?

A Swedish FPL show I use to watch mentioned Mendy is back in training. If wildcarding, I would probably think about Zinchenko alternatives in order to save yourself from a potential future transfer.

I figured that is why you would want to transfer out Greenwood. Could you get another 4.5 striker and get Martial in somehow?

A Swedish FPL show I use to watch mentioned Mendy is back in training. If wildcarding, I would probably think about Zinchenko alternatives in order to save yourself from a potential future transfer.

Only if I take a 8 point hit, I am scrapping the Wildcard I cant justify it, I am only changing 4 bloody players :))

I will wait until next GW, with a free transfer and a hit I can do the swap then, hopefully Perez will get some points this GW and I still have 2.3M in the bank so it will be a easy move.

Sterling I will have to decide later, I do have Salah so I could chop and change as the season progresses.

Only if I take a 8 point hit, I am scrapping the Wildcard I cant justify it, I am only changing 4 bloody players :))

I will wait until next GW, with a free transfer and a hit I can do the swap then, hopefully Perez will get some points this GW and I still have 2.3M in the bank so it will be a easy move.

Sterling I will have to decide later, I do have Salah so I could chop and change as the season progresses.

Could work out! Try to take it easy on the hits though, if possible.

I got rid of Pérez myself, but it was mostly in order to fund another transfer (I was 0.1 short of not needing to do the Pérez transfer…). He will no doubt get a hat trick now!

It's a bit difficult with these expensive players. Keep an eye on how they perform; other options might present themselves in the coming gameweeks.