Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Dornan has crazy eyes, more psycho than suave...
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    It's going to be hilarious when Turner is not the next Bond.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    edited August 2019 Posts: 1,318
    Shardlake wrote: »

No mr. Shartlike, I expect you to... Cry!
    0caa8151190d4bb9413164df421148fa.jpg
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England

Who's Shartlike? Mr Bondon?

You really must give me the name of your occulist.
    talos7 wrote: »

Really? He's gorgeous.

Maybe a little more Pierce Brosnan than Daniel Craig though. But he's very near the top of my list

Christian-Grey-Fifty-Shades-Freed-jamie-dornan-and-christian-grey-40824687-1004-525.jpg
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

Really? He's gorgeous.

Maybe a little more Pierce Brosnan than Daniel Craig though. But he's very near the top of my list

Christian-Grey-Fifty-Shades-Freed-jamie-dornan-and-christian-grey-40824687-1004-525.jpg

I'll admit he looks the part, but his acting in the first 50 shades (forgive me for not seeing the rest) was close to horriffic. I've seldom seen someone beeing portrayed so unconvincingly in such an expensive film. Halle Berry was better as Jinx than he was as Mr. Gray.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

Really? He's gorgeous.

You say that as if it's a bad thing.

Really? He's gorgeous.

He’s got a look in his eyes like he just escaped from an asylum . Lol.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    My girlfriend loves Poldark and after watching the last series with her, I could see Aidan Turner as Bond. I think he'd be my top pick. I'm in no hurry to see Daniel leave though
    I swear Aidan Turner will be plebiscited into the role like Brosnan. He is gaining new fans all the time! Surely EON must at the very least give a proper consideration, if they are still running the show on Bond 26?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Time in the movie business can be a very curious thing. Aidan Turner may be a popular choice between certain fans now, but maybe Daniel Craig will come back for Bond 26.
    Perhaps even if he is given a screentest by EON, it wont go well and another actor will be picked. Maybe he wont even be screentested for whatever reason.
    It's possible between now and the casting of Bond number seven, that Turner takes another role that would prohibit him from taking the Bond role.
    Just because events occurred for actors in the past, doesn't mean they will again.
    I think Turner's got a genuine chance. I'm not very familiar with the other candidates but he's got my vote anyway. He sort of gives me Dalton vibes in his appearance and demeanor.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 8,087
    All I know is when I first to voice to my advocacy for Turner (2 - 3 years ago), he was considered to be included in a tight pack on names of including Idris Elba, Henry Cavill, Tom Hiddleston, etc. And it now seems like a lot of the other guys have fallen out of the running, either because they have grown to old (Elba), too prominent (Cavill), or simply disappeared altogether (Hiddleston). Yet Aidan Turner is closer than ever, and to my eyes seems to be gaining support from members of sites such as this. If the current trajectory holds, by the time they get around to casting the next actor, Aidan will be the clear favourite. Again, not withstanding some unknown popping up and pulling out a showstopping "audition" in some low budget thriller.
    Benny wrote: »
    Time in the movie business can be a very curious thing. Aidan Turner may be a popular choice between certain fans now, but maybe Daniel Craig will come back for Bond 26.
    Perhaps even if he is given a screentest by EON, it wont go well and another actor will be picked. Maybe he wont even be screentested for whatever reason.
    It's possible between now and the casting of Bond number seven, that Turner takes another role that would prohibit him from taking the Bond role.
    Just because events occurred for actors in the past, doesn't mean they will again.

I don't think having Craig for Bond 26 would be a good idea, but I would not be surprised if he does make another one, especially if 25 is a big success. In which case pretty much all the names mentioned here in this thread won't make it.

And I'm thus day and age, I don't think any actor will be plebiscited as Bond the way Brosnan was.
    Turner certainly has a Brosnan Bond vibe to me, if he got it? Not sure how he would play it?
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Turner certainly has a Brosnan Bond vibe to me, if he got it? Not sure how he would play it?
    tenor.gif
    I could see them going with a slightly younger actor than we're used to, especially after so many years with Craig. And if there are any more behind the scenes problems, then an actor in their late-20s or early-30s will still have a lot of years left in them even if it takes a while for them to get the film out.
    LiamHC wrote: »
    I could see them going with a slightly younger actor than we're used to, especially after so many years with Craig. And if there are any more behind the scenes problems, then an actor in their late-20s or early-30s will still have a lot of years left in them even if it takes a while for them to get the film out.
    Very likely...

Saw Venom last night, and Tom Hardy is a great performer and very adaptable. If Bond was to go "big" in the next era, and hire name actors in all the roles, I can see Hardy as Bond (in that scenario). I'd imagine they would plan for a trilogy that seems to be the standard practice nowadays.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    All I know is when I first to voice to my advocacy for Turner (2 - 3 years ago), he was considered to be included in a tight pack on names of including Idris Elba, Henry Cavill, Tom Hiddleston, etc. And it now seems like a lot of the other guys have fallen out of the running, either because they have grown to old (Elba), too prominent (Cavill), or simply disappeared altogether (Hiddleston). Yet Aidan Turner is closer than ever, and to my eyes seems to be gaining support from members of sites such as this. If the current trajectory holds, by the time they get around to casting the next actor, Aidan will be the clear favourite. Again, not withstanding some unknown popping up and pulling out a showstopping "audition" in some low budget thriller.

The thing is, that's the public discussion, which has absolutely on relevance to what people at EON are coming up with. Craig wasn't a contender for the outside world, and yet he's nr. six.

I'd be interested if people came up with new names here though, I think Turner is completely occupying this thread again. Nothing against his fanclub, allthough I'm obviously less enthousiastic, but it would be interesting for a change.

That would rule out Hardy and Dornan.

So I guess Jack O'Connell is the next Bond....I'm happy with that.

DMB-VOGUE_TIFFANY_BAFTA_PARTY087.jpg
    Jack O'Connell is too short, IMO.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 9

That would rule out Hardy and Dornan.

So I guess Jack O'Connell is the next Bond....I'm happy with that.

DMB-VOGUE_TIFFANY_BAFTA_PARTY087.jpg

The way I see it, the age range for new actors should be about 28 to 42, so actors born between 1980 and 1994 basically, that's if Bond 26 is on target for a 2022/23 release. So Hardy's probably out, but Dornan might scrape through, although I hope not because I think he's dreadful.
    I don't think Hardy is out completely even if they wait until 2024 for Bond 25. They can still do an older take on the character, and limit it to a trilogy. Youth only really matters if they are set on 4 or 5 films with 3/4 years inbetween. Thats not how most tenures go - just this one.
    Hardy is disgusting-looking, IMO, and a trouble for any production and fellow actors. He looks like he’s been through a sewer. No Hardy, please.

All IMO, of course.
    At this point the next Bond will probably be a CGI recreation of Sean Connery. Still better than anyone mentioned in this thread.
    Univex wrote: »
    Hardy is disgusting-looking, IMO, and a trouble for any production and fellow actors. He looks like he’s been through a sewer. No Hardy, please.

All IMO, of course.

Care to elaborate? Is he known for being a difficult person to work with?

All IMO, of course.

I’ve read he can be difficult in promoting his films. In fact, if we think Dan is shy and coy, we’d be in trouble with “I-just-dont-give-a-damn-Hardy”. And many actors are rumoured to not getting along with him, Theron in M.Max and even Craig in Layer Cake come to mind, but I may be mistaken, as I can’t remember where I read this.

I find him overrated and plain ugly and thuggish. A baby-mouth bruit with bad hair.

Like I said, all IMO ;)

All IMO, of course.

I’ve read he can be difficult in promoting his films. In fact, if we think Dan is shy and coy, we’d be in trouble with “I-just-dont-give-a-damn-Hardy”. And many actors are rumoured to not getting along with him, Theron in M.Max and even Craig in Layer Cake come to mind, but I may be mistaken, as I can’t remember where I read this.

I find him overrated and plain ugly and thuggish. A baby-mouth bruit with bad hair.

Like I said, all IMO ;)

I've never ever heard that Hardy is difficult to work with,and I follow his career quite closely.