No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited August 2019 Posts: 677
    Getafix wrote: »
    Let's hope we are getting a classic commando assault
    Agreed.

It will be missing a classic Barry score, though. B-)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Second ‘Peeping Tom’ on James Bond set slides camera under toilet door to film woman
    https://thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9636349/second-perv-james-bond-set/

cary-fukunaga-slice.jpg
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Second ‘Peeping Tom’ on James Bond set slides camera under toilet door to film woman
    https://thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9636349/second-perv-james-bond-set/

cary-fukunaga-slice.jpg
    Maybe they were trying something radically new for the Title Sequence.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I’ve heard that it was an IMAX camera. 😏
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 3,164
    Apparently some filming work (2nd unit?) has started in Matera already...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    antovolk wrote: »
    Good stuff. Where'd you hear that?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,277

Yes, and nearby cities. But just establishing shots ;)

@marketto007 are you able to indicate or show any kind of sign if you have been invited to the set?
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

Split Crotia is sort of nearby.....
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

@marketto007 are you able to indicate or show any kind of sign if you have been invited to the set?

I haven't, yet. Not sure if it's going to happen this time around with Universal. Anyway, I'll let you know if I'll be part of the International Press again, like I did for SPECTRE.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 787
    I know wetsuits and athletic gear. For what it's worth, that's not neoprene. it's a softshell jacket. Face fabric is wrong and so is the zipper. Nike makes them, they don't make wetsuits.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    bondsum wrote: »
    Another video from HaphazardStuff. I can't say I don't share his pessimism or total indifference to B25 so far...

source.gif

Paging Dr Cropes, Dr Cropes to reception.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Bond 25?

sq5cta5.png
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Bond 25?

sq5cta5.png

Now I really getting Thunderball vibes
    Will be interesting to see what I come back to on here? Away for a week now so have fun in my absence?!!! See you all soon!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Take care, @RogueAgent. I make a solemn vow that if no Bond news has reached us within a week, there will at least be compromising pictures of @Thunderfinger to return to when you get back.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I think a teaser trailer will almost definitely be imminent by September. October the latest.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Good stuff. Where'd you hear that?

Someone I know is there...
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think HaphazardStuff's video has made me remember how I think audiences have changed for the worst more than movies have. Technology and time have definitely affected the way we interact with films.

We can now overanalyse every part of a project, and become fixated on our own opinions or ideas of what should be is the perfect movie or the perfect anything. There's pros and cons to it of course, but I can't help but it feel it's definitely got a lot more dangerous.

For example, Bond 25 has been accused of having a "feminist agenda". An opinion that's fair, but if 1000s of people are saving it is and then 1000s of articles are responding by putting out interviews and clips and reactions that spin that feminist agenda, how true can that agenda be?

You have to remember that these articles that we're reading are so far from the source by the time it's reached us that who knows what to believe. It's the same for the things you do like the sound of.

As for people that are being put off by things going wrong on set.... if you follow a project from beginning to end, it's not all happy and positive. That's how we do things. That was literally how we ge through everything, so why do we have to expect any different from a James Bond film?

Sorry to just needed to rant.

Good rant, though ;)
    I think HaphazardStuff's video has made me remember how I think audiences have changed for the worst more than movies have. Technology and time have definitely affected the way we interact with films.

We can now overanalyse every part of a project, and become fixated on our own opinions or ideas of what should be or is the perfect movie or the perfect anything. There's pros and cons to it of course, but I can't help but it feel it's definitely got a lot more dangerous.

For example, Bond 25 has been accused of having a huge "feminist agenda", but if a few articles that are not closely linked to production, with no significant amount of backup to that, post an article about Bond being #MeToo film, and then 1000s of people are saving and retweeting it and then 1000s of articles are responding by putting out negative interviews and clips and reactions that spin that feminist agenda, how true can that agenda be?

Or if there is a somewhat feminist angle to the film, one of the main reasons it seems like a bad thing is because 100000 strangers have just told you how to feel or haven't noticed that the article is obviously targeted at your type of fandom specifically, even though Bond 25 might actually be a good film.

You have to remember that these articles that we're reading are so far from the source by the time it's reached us that who knows what to believe. It's the same for the things you do like the sound of.

As for people that are being put off by things going wrong on set.... if you follow a project from beginning to end, it's not all happy and positive. That's how we do things. That was literally how we ge through everything, so why do we have to expect any different from a James Bond film?

Sorry to just needed to rant.

Let's send the discussion over to the Bond women thread.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,834
    @Univex Thanks man

And @007Blofeld, feel free to reply over there. I can't be bothered to post it again haha :D
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,126
    @Univex Thanks man

And @007Blofeld, feel free to reply over there. I can't be bothered to post it again haha :D

Ok yeah I started things up over there I'm kind of annoyed seeing it brought up again for it or against it or whatever I can't stand all this negativity towards Bond I want films that everyone will enjoy good comments I just want Bond to be praised by everyone again @Denbigh
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2019 Posts: 12,459
    HaphazardStuff needs to jump in a cold lake and have his camera taken away for a month until Bond 25 hits the theatres. Yeah, that should do it. He doesn't like women much. Or Fleming. Or Bond, in my opinion.
    It's not difficult to praise Bond.

1) Consider the 57 years of Bond films we've got.
    2) Stay away from Twitter, Facebook and self-indulgent blogs. Smart people prefer to think for themselves.
    3) Consider the 57 years of Bond films we've got.
    4) Don't let others poison your mind. Don't start worrying about things you might dislike before the new film has even been released.
    5) Consider the 57 years of Bond films we've got.

I play by all of these rules, especially 2). I'm a happy, proud and positive Bond fan who's really looking forward to the next movie.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

2) Stay away from Twitter, Facebook and self-indulgent blogs. Smart people prefer to think for themselves.
    4) Don't let others poison your mind. Don't start worrying about things you might dislike before the new film has even been released.

I play by all of these rules, especially 2). I'm a happy, proud and positive Bond fan who's really looking forward to the next movie.

Hear, hear. Good post, @DarthDimi.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Lot of noise out there. I'm trying to stay positive though.
    Apparently...a concert scene is being filmed in Matera...loads of extras

Nope.

There was a live opera performance of Cavalleria Rusticana in the streets of Matera tonight. These people are not extras, but attendants at the opera. Filming does not begin till mid-August. This is a false alarm.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited August 2019 Posts: 10,586
    Would you be able to find out if they're filming night scenes or day scenes?
    Thanks, @Univex.

Seriously, the ungratefulness with which some here continue to approach EON, disgruntled as they are over the fact that EON refuses to satisfy their petty little needs, makes me realize there's a true Bond fan and then there's the byproduct of our consumer society, masquerading as a Bond fan.

There's a lovely BluRay box sitting a few feet from me, containing over half a century of James Bond magic. Like a kid in a candy store, I can choose something else every day if I want to, for nearly a whole month! I can live and relive the glorious sixties, the experimental seventies, the interesting eighties, the explosive nineties and the new era Bonds as often as I want. How, in one's right mind, can one complain?

And then you hear the following nonsense, every . single . day! "I want a poster!" "I want a trailer!" "Not even a title?" "Fire Barbara Broccoli 'cause what does she know?" "We want Poldark for Bond!" "The PC people have taken over Bond!" "So, who should be Bond for Bond 26?" ... What is wrong with these people? If anything, they're no genuine Bond fans.

A genuine Bond fan looks back on what we have with pride and looks forward to what we will be getting next, when it's ready. The Bond zombies, by contrast, are like shopping-mall drones, hungry for product, measuring the quality of their lives by the sheer volume of stuff they get access to on a daily basis. Their love for the series is limited to being the first one to get the latest bits, only to overanalyse and deliberately criticise it, and then post ridiculous YouTubes made by even more self-indulgent creeps who believe they are doing us all a service by sucking the fun out of the anticipation of a new film. I'm seriously sick of all these "this is what we can conclude from the trailer and why this film will be bad" 20-minute rants from nobodies hoping to score some internet likes. Who watches that crap? Yes, people who can't think for themselves, who rather hijack someone else's opinion and go with that flow, which, of course, requires less cerebral effort than to contemplate something without outside help.

Need we then be surprised that it's negative everything all the time from some people? As cultists slavishly following self-appointed internet journalists, they have adopted the worst attitude of all: the notion that constant nagging, complaining and criticising somehow suggests intelligent thinking--who wants to read positive things anyway? But I'd love to challenge these people to put together a Bond film themselves. I'd love to go south on their efforts. Honestly, reading some ideas that people have here for a decent Bond script, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. But I do know that it's for the best that most of these jokers will never get near a serious Bond production. And still, they suggest, in their undying arrogance, that Barbara Broccoli is incompetent and should be fired...

Anyway, this was my rant for the day. ;-)