The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

Very nice looking but I've given up on them using that title.

You know the number You know the woman
    It makes sense as much as ever to use the title though given the revelation of Nomi. Still, they probably won't go for it. I think they're trying to save the remaining Fleming titles or something.

I originally said I expect the teaser and title to go together, which still definitely can happen, but I have a feeling we're going to get a poster + title reveal first, by the end of the month or beginning of next month. Just a gut feeling.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited July 2019 Posts: 7,969
    Four Funerals and a Wedding.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    You Know Her Name
    What about the name of the unused QOS song...

No Good About Goodbye
  • Death is but a number?
    Perhaps a bit wordy
    It's got to be Property of a Lady now. It's just got to be...!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    shamanimal wrote: »
    That would be a nice fit actually.
    shamanimal wrote: »

Here’s hoping. Still, I think we’re likely going to get a non-Fleming title.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Dare I suggest.
    W I N D _ O F _ K N O W N _ E V I L
    Sure, the acronym might take some getting used to.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I just saw a channel on YouTube with the title...
    Double Woke 7
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 12,242
    It’s been suggested, but one title I’d really dig is The Garden of Death. It’s Fleming and just sounds cool. Definitely one of the better options I’ve heard put out there.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Something like Death Before Dishonour sounds appropriately Bondy.
    A few things

1. I have not given up on the four remaining short story titles if Octopussy and Quantum of Solace can be done so can The property of a lady and The Hildebrand Rarity
    2. I honestly think Bond 25 is The Garden of Death
    I'd love "The Garden Of Death"!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    I'd love "The Garden Of Death"!

Me too, but only if they faithfully adapt the YOLT source novel.
    mtm wrote: »
    I like that.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    A few things

1. I have not given up on the four remaining short story titles if Octopussy and Quantum of Solace can be done so can The property of a lady and The Hildebrand Rarity

If it really is The Garden of Death, then maybe they’ve been withholding it as it’s a spoiler for core Bond fans as to what to expect. I have my doubts it will be the actual title, but it would be nice. In any case I do believe elements from the YOLT novel will be present.
    I like that.

Sounds a little bit like John Gardner's Role of Honour (1984) which is quite a clever title.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    FoxRox wrote: »
    A few things

If it really is The Garden of Death, then maybe they’ve been withholding it as it’s a spoiler for core Bond fans as to what to expect.

If that were the case, they should reveal the title after the film has been out a couple of months.
    A few things

If it really is The Garden of Death, then maybe they’ve been withholding it as it’s a spoiler for core Bond fans as to what to expect.

If that were the case, they should reveal the title after the film has been out a couple of months.

At this rate, it's looking like that's what's going to happen! I suppose Shatterhand would have the same effect, although Barbara Broccoli has seemingly ruled that one out.
    A few things

A trailer would likely give away the details of the story anyway, so revealing the title with the trailer would still make sense.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 5,767
    Let´s make that more poetic: Wristslash before Dishonour.

How About, Out of the Dark, into the Dark. I´ll leave it to you to find the references.
    Not as good as Heart of Darkness, but I doubt they´d get their Hands on that one ;-).
    Death Before Speculation
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Delay Another Year.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 17,727
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Let´s make that more poetic: Wristslash before Dishonour.

How About, Out of the Dark, into the Dark. I´ll leave it to you to find the references.
    Not as good as Heart of Darkness, but I doubt they´d get their Hands on that one ;-).

You know, with all of this talk about Heart of Darkness it reminds me of a title the media could easily come up with on Bond 25 (considering all of their horror stories): Apocalypse Now. Too bad for them that it's already taken! ;)
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Dare I suggest.

Sorry, buddy, but I do suspect the media - and especially the red-top press - would have a field day with that as a title. ;)
    St_George wrote: »
    Dare I suggest.

Sorry, buddy, but I do suspect the media - and especially the red-top press - would have a field day with that as a title. ;)

Yes, I'm sure that it would serve to awaken the Press Kraken. ;)
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    St_George wrote: »
    Dare I suggest.

Yes, I'm sure that it would serve to awaken the Press Kraken. ;)

Ha, the 'Press Kraken'. The mythological personification of Elliot Carver and his inky ilk. ;)
    Delay Another Year.

:-j

You Only Thought You Knew Once