No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2019 Posts: 10,588
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Okay, so the V8 Vantage appears in both London and Norway.

Does Bond drive it to or from Norway to London?

I doubt that he drives it from London, to Norway, then back to London. It would make sense that he acquires it in London then goes with it to Norway.

To be honest, the scenes filmed in London yesterday don't seem very climactic, so my gut tells me those shots of the V8 on the Atlantic Road make up part of the climax.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Daniel C in action:

jake24 wrote: »

Yeah, no big loss. Especially if it's for a small cameo scene. Pretty unprofessional of Grace Jones ( if true).

I'm not quite so sure I buy the Grace Jones cameo bit at all. I remember TWINE was rumored to have cameos by previous Bond girls, which of course didn't happen.
    Connery was rumored as Bond's father in DAD (I believe) or some other bull. Not to mention the Connery as Kincaid rumor.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Yeah, no big loss. Especially if it's for a small cameo scene. Pretty unprofessional of Grace Jones ( if true).

I'm not quite so sure I buy the Grace Jones cameo bit at all. I remember TWINE was rumored to have cameos by previous Bond girls, which of course didn't happen.
    Connery was rumored as Bond's father in DAD (I believe) or some other bull. Not to mention the Connery as Kincaid rumor.
    This was actually confirmed, unfortunately.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

I think it was seriously considered as an idea, but I doubt Connery himself ever pondered the possibility.

I think it was seriously considered as an idea, but I doubt Connery himself ever pondered the possibility.
    Yup.
  • echoecho 007 in New York

Did the Daily Mail just dance into the fire?
  • tqbtqb
    echo wrote: »

Did the Daily Mail just dance into the fire?

I see what you did there
    Hey guys, I was fortunate enough to watch the filming today in London. It was an amazing opportunity. And yes, the TESLA will be featured in the movie. ;)

e1hoKVk.jpg

With a pose like that Marketto, you should be in a white dinner jacket!!! :-bd
    Denbigh wrote: »
    This is the full one from the website.

NEW_B25_D36_30-06-2019_13414_Portrait.jpg

I love this image. It already looks like a classic.

Could not agree more whether it is in colour or black and white.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

I doubt that he drives it from London, to Norway, then back to London. It would make sense that he acquires it in London then goes with it to Norway.

To be honest, the scenes filmed in London yesterday don't seem very climactic, so my gut tells me those shots of the V8 on the Atlantic Road make up part of the climax.

But Bond arrives in the V8 in London with scarring on his face. So to me, it would be more logical that there's a chase in Norway, Bond gets hurt, and then drives back to London for a debriefing/denouement. Like the London scenes in SF. If Bond 25 is on the shorter side (and not the long one as previously speculated), those office scenes with M might even be some of the final scenes.

But Bond arrives in the V8 in London with scarring on his face. So to me, it would be more logical that there's a chase in Norway, Bond gets hurt, and then drives back to London for a debriefing/denouement. Like the London scenes in SF. If Bond 25 is on the shorter side (and not the long one as previously speculated), those office scenes with M might even be some of the final scenes.
    Why would Bond still be a "visitor" of MI6 at the very end of the film. To me, it would make more sense if Bond sustained those facial injuries in Cuba and went back to London for a debriefing.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,869
    A new instagram post from Cary. "Working out the puzzle of “order of shooting” with 1st AD Jon Mallard. AD’s make everything work, absolutely everything, and also get the flack when things don’t go as expected. All the guts and rarely glory. Jon’s done True Detective, Beasts Of No Nation, and Maniac with me, all of which were doozies, thanks Jon #Bond25"

I've personally zoomed in on the board and it seems to be an exterior looking scene. My instinct was possibly Matera, but with the locations we have this film, it could be any of them.

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

Why would Bond still be a "visitor" of MI6 at the very end of the film. To me, it would make more sense if Bond sustained those facial injuries in Cuba and went back to London for a debriefing.

If that was Seydoux's double in the car in Norway, where does she fit into all this? Does she survive Norway? If the little girl is a flashback, could they be going back to her childhood home in the present to get something and someone (Malek?) is waiting for them?
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited July 2019 Posts: 524

Good point. Bond not being in active service for the entirety of the film would be very strange indeed. So the best guess would be:

PTS in Matera (probably with Madeleine)
    Norway flash back scene in the middle of the PTS?
    Title sequence
    Bond in Jamaica, meets Leiter and Nomi
    Bond to Cuba, meets Paloma
    Action ensues
    Bond back to MI6, gets pulled back in active service
    Climax (with Malek and Seydoux?) in Norway
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Well they're doing a very good job at keeping us guessing.
  • tqbtqb
    Why do we assume they're going back to Norway?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Damn, this movie is going to be LONG. No way they could pack that much locations into under 2hrs. I am disappointed that we won't see a Bond film around 2hr for a while. Back in the day that was the standard length. SF and SP both get tedious by the end, if you ask me.

This will probably be the same run time as TDKR.

Good point. Bond not being in active service for the entirety of the film would be very strange indeed. So the best guess would be:

Title sequence
    Action ensues

Yes sir, except I'd change a couple things around:

Title sequence
    Norway flashback
    Porton Down scenes with Dencik's character

tqb wrote: »
    The Atlantic Road shoot from last month.
    Damn, this movie is going to be LONG. No way they could pack that much locations into under 2hrs. I am disappointed that we won't see a Bond film around 2hr for a while. Back in the day that was the standard length. SF and SP both get tedious by the end, if you ask me.

I *highly* doubt it'll be over 2 and a half. Over 2 though, feels almost certain.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Question about the sunglasses...

Are we speculating that the Barton Perreira shades will be in the movie & the Vuarnets are out? The Barton Perreira shades look ridiculously cheap. Like gas station cheap.
    Seeing as this will be DC's final Bond film, I am more than happy to have a long Bond film. Especially after waiting for 5 LONG years by the time Bond 25 hits our screens next year. As goodness knows what the next gap will be?!!!!! ~X(
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited July 2019 Posts: 4,554

After 4 1/2 years between #24 and #25, why would anyone want LESS Bond screen time? I'd be thrilled if 25 is over 2 hours. Heck, if the movie is good, I'd sit for 3!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Seeing as this will be DC's final Bond film, I am more than happy to have a long Bond film. Especially after waiting for 5 LONG years by the time Bond 25 hits our screens next year. As goodness knows what the next gap will be?!!!!! ~X(

You beat me to it, @RogueAgent . I agree.
  • peaderppeaderp england
    I don't know if this has been posted already but imdb has a stunt double listed for a young Madeline.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 15,801
    Not quite understanding this obsession for a much longer Bond film. If the pacing is well done, that's fine. However SP, IMO certainly did not benefit from setting the record of Bond film with the longest running time. The whole section in Tangiers really drags for me as does the Blofeld torture bit.

TBH, the Craig films are the ones I watch the least, and part of that is running time and pacing.

QoS often was criticized for it's editing and pacing, yet to me it flowed more smoothly and kept up a nice tempo. Similar to DN and GF.
    That said, I'd be satisfied if the B25 clocked in around 2hrs 10 minutes or so.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    RogueAgent wrote: »

=D>
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Hey guys, I was fortunate enough to watch the filming today in London. It was an amazing opportunity. And yes, the TESLA will be featured in the movie. ;)

e1hoKVk.jpg

@marketto007 The Telsa that was in Norway?
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 11,425
    Not quite understanding this obsession for a much longer Bond film. If the pacing is well done, that's fine. However SP, IMO certainly did not benefit from setting the record of Bond film with the longest running time. The whole section in Tangiers really drags for me as does the Blofeld torture bit.

TBH, the Craig films are the ones I watch the least, and part of that is running time and pacing.

QoS often was criticized for it's editing and pacing, yet to me it flowed more smoothly and kept up a nice tempo. Similar to DN and GF.

Hooray to that.
    One of the reasons I like QOS is that it has that pacing and no messing around approach that the early films had. IMO Forster was the best Bond director of the Craig era. So far.

The reason I don't want a long film is that it increases the chances of flacid, meandering plot nonsense. SF and SP both suffer from being overlong and for no good reason. Someone needed to go through the script and cut 10% of the dialogue and then leave another 10% of the film on the cutting room floor.

Title sequence
    Action ensues

Yes sir, except I'd change a couple things around:

Title sequence
    Norway flashback
    Porton Down scenes with Dencik's character

tqb wrote: »
    The Atlantic Road shoot from last month.

David Dencik apparently did scenes in Jamaica.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Getafix wrote: »

Hooray to that.
    One of the reasons I like QOS is that it has that pacing and no messing around approach that the early films had. IMO Forster was the best Bond director of the Craig era. So far.

The reason I don't want a long film is that it increases the chances of flacid, meandering plot nonsense. SF and SP both suffer from being overlong and for no good reason. Someone needed to go through the script and cut 10% of the dialogue and then leave another 10% of the film on the cutting room floor.

But QoS went the other way. It was too brief for its own good--not necessarily Forster's fault. Bond films are not simply action films. A Bond film requires a fair amount of wit and exchange between characters, and this was severely lacking in QoS. So I disagree in the sense that QoS was a throwback to earlier films. QoS is an outlier.