No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Woo hoo! Great to see all these photos and video. Looking fantastic so far.
    echo wrote: »
    Harris looks so lovely...makes me wish Bond had retired to Jamaica with her!

When I first saw her in After the Sunset, I thought she'd make a good Bond girl.
    If Craig told the Prince it’s his last, surely it must be! In all seriousness we’ll just have to wait and see on that. I think both Connery and Moore backtracked from saying they were doing a last one before. Hoping now for more consistent exposure like what we got today.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    If Craig told the Prince it’s his last, surely it must be!

Thought the same thing. Craig is not the sort to joke about a thing like that in that circumstance.
    Hoping now for more consistent exposure like what we got today.

I hope so, but I don't believe it. They'll be back to their closed sets in no time.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited June 2019 Posts: 524
    Univex wrote: »
    If Craig told the Prince it’s his last, surely it must be!

Thought the same thing. Craig is not the sort to joke about a thing like that in that circumstance.
    Hoping now for more consistent exposure like what we got today.

I hope so, but I don't believe it. They'll be back to their closed sets in no time.

Can't we have an updated version of the behind the scenes vlogs? Fukunaga livestreaming from set? Or maybe that's just me.

EDIT:
    From the 007 Instagram page: our first look at Q's lab:D9i-bPZXkAAt5sd.jpg
    (Looks better in the video they posted)
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    How is it that Craig looks so much younger in the face when he’s sporting a bit of stubble? He looks older when he’s clean shaven.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    How is it that Craig looks so much younger in the face when he’s sporting a bit of stubble? He looks older when he’s clean shaven.

Well, that’s how you see it , and I can appreciate that . But I don’t agree.
    The grey stubble looks fine but conveys the image of an older, less vital man, a wise elder, so to speak.

• w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    That's Judi Dench's image in the photos of Prince Charles visit to the set. Does this mean there'll be another cameo of a previous M like Bernard Lee in TWINE?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    talos7 wrote: »
    Craig has the Prince of Wales on him.
    The suit, I mean. :)
    It's still not the perfect fit IMO, but definitely a big improvement.

Craig says on that video that he comes back (to MI6) from retirement, so Lynch could indeed be a current 007.

I agree about Harris, she looks fantastic.

I can see a scene where M says to Moneypenny, ‘ Send in 007’
    Moments later in walks Lynch.

That sure would be a nod and a wink to those clamoring for a female Bond or a black Bond (Elba), wouldn't it?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Some better shots of Bond at M's desk

g9rzxurxpj531.png

I love every single shot here. It actually gives me Skyfall-vibes rather than Spectre.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    TripAces wrote: »

Craig says on that video that he comes back (to MI6) from retirement, so Lynch could indeed be a current 007.

That sure would be a nod and a wink to those clamoring for a female Bond or a black Bond (Elba), wouldn't it?

Indeed it would be!

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Univex wrote: »

Was dying to make that joke. Glad someone did ;)

Someone had to do it. :)

I can see it too. I don't particularly like it, but I can see it.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    A sacrificial lamb, then.
    Yes. If she's 007, she will likely die.
    At 1:36... is that a confirmation?
    Confirmation of what? I admittedly can't hear very well what they say at that point.

Prince Charles: This is your last one?

DC: It is, yes.
    I don´t understand HRH in that way. I don´t know what he says at that Moment, but it sounds different.

TripAces wrote: »

And a nod to fan favorite DAD as well :-)).

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    100+ photos from yesterday...

https://imgur.com/a/JMGuKRb?grid
    boldfinger wrote: »
    At 1:36... is that a confirmation?
    Confirmation of what? I admittedly can't hear very well what they say at that point.

Prince Charles: This is your last one?

I don´t understand HRH in that way. I don´t know what he says at that Moment, but it sounds different.

Transcript from https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-25-royal-visit-pinewood-studios-filming

HRH: They are brilliant how they build these things.
    DC: We have a number of them. We run three or four passes, one which is the real pass where everything collapses, and then they are repaired to a degree which we fake... just to make it look as painful as possible really. With not me in it thankfully!
    HRH: So someone else is doing that?

HRH: The wear and tear must be unbelievable.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 12,258
    Getafix wrote: »

I strongly disagree. I don't understand all the recent hype around Pattinson at all. I respect Boyle's vision and enjoy many of his films, but I get the feeling he probably wanted to change up Bond too much for the fans' enjoyment. Some change is good, and even necessary, but it can be dangerous to go too far and I get the vibe that's what happened with Boyle and Hodge.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2019 Posts: 4,438
    Nice. And i notice the art vibe on the set and from what look like the first footage of the movie does have Dutch element in it. This year is Rembrandt year and cinematography screams rembrandt and directer has some rembrandt costume on.

Nice reference again to the mirror element. The ''look'' element of Skyfall.
    Looks like first big Skyfall elements we get after amazing earlier pictures who screams QOS.

Let's hope hinting that it wil be darker then in skyfall (closer to Spectre) turn out to be true. Return something that i am worried about, return to the Cold. A contrast with Jamaica set who can get me out of the movie again.
    Thanks to Batman, Pattison will never be Bond. I hope.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Don't think this video have been posted at all, Prince Charles visit at Pinewood.

Nearly 22 min long video report from something called 5 News:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UhfmQaL_EGE

(Somebody embed it please)
    Funny how they have constructed the MI6 office, Moneypenny's office and M's office all as a sequence. I hadn't imagined this was how they did it.

Good to see DC walking and talking at the same time. Cary looks rather uncomfortable tho
    Really enjoyed that 20 minute channel five reel. Not always the biggest fan of Charles but he seems to really take the time and show enthusiasm.

Few tidbits I heard / opinions

1. They’re about a third of the way through filming
    2. They’ve made 5 carbon fibre/ fibreglass DB5s so I guess that will make a decent appearance.
    3. M and bonds scene is adversarial to some extent. I think m gives him a dressing down - admittedly sounds like spectre
    4. Naomi Harris looks absolutely stunning. Such a beauty
    5. Craig’s suits look more tailored and less Asos
    6. I think the art direction and production design looks great.

Very interesting well worth a watch
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    All these photos and videos and not one good look at the Omega Craig is wearing on his wrist.
    The return of the ship painting last seen in TLD is a pleasant surprise.
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed that 20 minute channel five reel. Not always the biggest fan of Charles but he seems to really take the time and show enthusiasm.

Few tidbits I heard / opinions

1. They’re about a third of the way through filming
    2. They’ve made 5 carbon fibre/ fibreglass DB5s so I guess that will make a decent appearance.
    3. M and bonds scene is adversarial to some extent. I think m gives him a dressing down - admittedly sounds like spectre
    4. Naomi Harris looks absolutely stunning. Such a beauty
    5. Craig’s suits look more tailored and less Asos
    6. I think the art direction and production design looks great.

Very interesting well worth a watch

Agree esp about Harris!
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 3,333
    Finally, some positive news!! Hats off to Eon and the Palace for pulling off this exceptionally good bit of PR. It's what was needed from their department.

So they're shooting until sometime in October, which of course could mean certain actors (or actresses) who are currently unavailable will come back in the oncoming months for the real meat and potatoes of the story. I certainly wouldn't rule out Léa Seydoux having less of a role just because she hasn't shot anything yet, nor would I say that Ana de Armas has finished all her scenes due to her involvement in another movie. After all, Rami Malek hasn't done anything of real note yet and he's the other big star of Bond 25.

Clearly, Bond is back in M's office for a briefing in London so (unless I'm mistaken) that tends to rule out Lashana Lynch performing a near-identical sequence of her doing exactly the same thing as Bond. It's also worth noting that Lynch wasn't in wig or her costume, so I reckon her services on-set were just to have another actor's presence there and not for a scene in M's office. Well, that's my take on it.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    It would be a crying shame if de Armas was finished already. I know she likely has a substantial role in the Cuba scenes (for obvious reasons) but I'd hate for her to be the next Severine or Lucia Sciarra.

Lynch is fine but I'd be putting de Armas in pole position over her, every day of the week.