RIP Peter "Columbo" Falk (1927-2011)

DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
edited June 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 15,686

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    May he rest in poece... :-((
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited June 2011 Posts: 3,262
    RIP to(I believe) the last surviving lead cast member of "The Great Race".:-((

My favorite role of his is Lou Peckinpaugh in this hilarious 1978 film-

I should watch it in honor of his memory.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    This is sad news. Always liked his portrayal of Columbo. Too bad. May this man rest in peace.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Oh No!

I loved the Columbo series and movies!!

R.I.P. Peter!!

this was one of my favorite movies with him:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074937/
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2011 Posts: 4,416
    image Sir. I vergot to say goodby.

:-( Rip
  • oh no - just saw this. I grew up with him and still watch the re-runs of best tv detective ever. great actor.

Rip.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Indeed a great actor and there's no doubt he's left and will leave a lasting impression on many who wish to follow and be a TV detective as he really defined what it is.

RIP Columbo. :-((
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I remember watching Columbo in the late eighties. And it appears I'm not the only one who enjoyed the show. A very good and underused actor.
    RIP
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    In honor of his memory I watched this earlier today. One of the funniest comedies ever, especially for Bogie fans-

• quantumofsolacequantumofsolace England
    Very sorry to hear of this brilliant actor's passing. My favourite Peter Falk performance was in 'The In Laws' opposite Alan Arkin. Also loved him in 'The California Dolls', 'The Brinks Job', 'The Great Race' and many more. It's a pity that most people only know him as 'Columbo'. He was a very versatile and gifted actor.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Sad to learn of Peter Falk's passing, a fine character actor and then some.

Just one more thing... didn't know he was a double Oscar nominee - and in back-to-back years too - but shouldn't really have been surprised.

Anyhoo, RIP...