Dr. No Question

j7wildj7wild Suspended
edited June 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 823
Bond meets Quarrel in the stock room of Pussfeller's eatery.

They walk into the stock room, Quarrel pulls a switchblade knife on Bond, Bond has one arm on his side and the other with his hand in his suit side pocket.

Next, Pussfeller comes up from behind and grab Bond in a bear hold.

Bond kicks Quarrel and then shakes Pussfeller off him;

then he leans forward and picks up his PPK from the floor.

When did the PPK come out?

Bond never took it out from the shoulder holster underneath his suit jacket.

I also think that the holster would be a good one - MI6 would not issue Bond a gun holster where the PPK would just fall out of it at the slightest sudden movement of his Body.

Comments

• It's not clear from the way it's shot but Bond could be putting his hand down on the ground to stop himself falling on the floor from the momentum of flipping Pussfeller over his back. You never see him pick the gun up off the floor but you never see him draw it either - it just appears in his hand. I'd chalk it up to the "crash-cutting" that they were copying from the Bourne films ;-)
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    LOL! I don't think Bourne was born yet!!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    born yet?... or BOURNE YET???
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Quite agree, it's just another example of the influance Bourne has had on Bond. Shakey cameras, fast cutting action, car chases....girls........eerm............funny looking villains. All Bourne!
  • Sorry to bring up an old thread but what are you talking about?
    I can remember what happens here off the top of my head - Bond kicks Quarrel's gun out of his hand and it is this gun that he picks up.
    The only slightly dodgy thing about this scene is just how long Bond had to wait for Pussfeller to dive in and grab him. You can tell Connery is waiting a little too long
This discussion has been closed.