Daniel Craig has asked Kings of Leon to write Bond song

2»

Comments

Well, I recommend "Aha Shake Heartbreak" or "Because of the Times". Or, if you can find them, "Day-Old Belgian Blues" and "Holy Roller Novocaine". But if you are a little iffy on the band, I'd suggest only getting the one.
    Thanks for the recommendations. I will listen to them in the record store through the earphones as I do with many albums of varied genres and then purchase what I like.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited June 2011 Posts: 1,699
    Kings Of Leon's best song by far for me is The Bucket - it's hardly Bond-esque, but it's very decent US indie (or is it mainstream nowadays?) rock...

While it was, of course, Sex On Fire that seemed to (ahem) set the world alight two or three years ago. I couldn't switch on a radio or go to a bar and avoid hearing it. If they took the Bond gig and came up with something as catchy as this for it, then, well...

Craig liked QoS so his liking KoL should be saying something. Like...........Please ignore any of his ideas. ;-)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2011 Posts: 4,450
    Madonna is to fames to give a fair rank. But for whant to know. Die Another Day starts on 22 November, be for 13 weeks in the Top 40 with the 4th highest position. Keep in mind as with Alicia Keys that those days legal downloads be count tow besides the buying and how much times the radio playing them. She mabey be ask a litle bit late, but like Tina Turner i don't think this is realy a big problem.

Then the one who realy be intresting because you can't say there be very fames:

Tina Turner - Goldeneye. Dutch Top 40. Starts on 18-11-1995 for 11 weeks and highest position be the 14th place. Based on how much singles people buy and how much times there play her. Downloads don't exist yet.

Sheryl Crow - TMND. Not higher then the 43th position of the single Top 100. This is the list where you start with where you make a change to end in the Top 40. In other words you can say she end: 83th place out of 140.

Alicia Keys. The 48th place of the single Top 40. Lower then Sheryl Crow. On the old forums i already said she be to late. She get her biggest fame in 2001-2002. Of course Turner and Madonna be late too, but there start longe before there been ask. I think she is only ask to get the discription song accepted earlier by younger people. Because more then a discription song i can't make more from it. Chris Cornell song started this.

Both Garbage & Chris Cornell not more then the Tip Parade. This is sugest list by Radio DJ's then followd by the numbers how much singles people buy. I think there are not realy bad, but for a select public like Sheryl Crow. Both are very powerfull songs, there made some mistake with Cornell his song with not at it on the soundtrack. Also it be the second thing there take from Mi2 besides the editor, til CR i never know he did a artist song for Mi2.

Then: Kings Of Leon. Buying, Downloads and how much times radio play them are counted. 3 big hits who defeat everbody from above with exeption of the highest position. Madonna end 4th place, where KOL there second single ''Use somebody'' stay for 22 weeks and 7th place be the highest position in 2009. 22 weeks is very long and there be a lot of competion.

There first single ''Sex on fire'' be second on the edge of 2008, begin 2009. 5 weeks and not higher then 29th place. Number 3 is there fift single 'Radioactive' close to the end September/begin 2009 with a count of 8 weeks and not higher then 17th.

I think we need a powerfull song, from 1 famale singer. With some asian like Yolt, TMWTGG or a song like All Time High from Octopussy. Of course the LALD song must have it earlier from the music then song. I don't mind the return of Bassey.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Craig liked QoS so his liking KoL should be saying something. Like...........Please ignore any of his ideas. ;-)
    I wouldn't necessarilly assume Craig liked QoS. At the time DAF was being made Connery was singing the film's praises, as Brosnan did with DAD. They will do what they can to promote these films at the time.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2011 Posts: 13,350
    I wouldn't necessarilly assume Craig liked QoS. At the time DAF was being made Connery was singing the film's praises, as Brosnan did with DAD. They will do what they can to promote these films at the time.
    I mean, Brosnan called Die Another Day "the most reality-based one we've done yet" so @NicNac could have a point. Of course, many do like Quantum Of Solace and it wasn't like it was critically panned as many would have you believe.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I don't care too much for KOL, but at least the songs they've made up till now are listenable, unlike Alicia's screaming (I HATE SCREAMING!). Beim Gott that was awful. So, the bar is increadably low this time, let it be KOL or any other normal decent band and I'll be happy.
  • No to Dildo - yes to Black Keys, yes to Prince and yes to Adele.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Oh, very good call, Adele is one of the few artists these days I think actually make music! Fabulous voice too.
  • CatCat
    edited June 2011 Posts: 25
    King of Leon is a good group also. In my opinion, ADAM LAMBERT:

would be a perfect choice because this Artist can sing anything. Please see his videos in You Tube or Vevo, then you'll understand why he is one of my favorite all time singers. Adam has a God-given gift of a perfect voice. He can really do justice and sing the next Bond 23 soundtrack.