Last TV Show you bought

edited July 2014 in General Movies & TV Posts: 5,812
In the spirit of the "Last Movie you bought" thread, here's one for the TV shows you bought, either on DVD or on Blu-Ray. So let's begin :

Last month, I bought season 1 and 9 of "Who Do You Think You Are" (UK Version) ; "The Ark", The Gunfighters", "The War Machines" and "The Tenth Planet" (so I have all available - as of now - Hartnell Dr. Who stories), and Doctor Who Series 8. I also bought Tap Dogs on DVD, and the last two Judy Collins concerts.

Comments

• edited May 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Alan Partridge box set, watched the two Im Alan Partridge series. Though never watched the previous mock talk show.

Also bought Will Ferrel Best of Saturday night live.

Ordered Chuck Season five, only season i have not seen. And also ordered the full 5 seasons of Xmen animated series.

Bought seasons 4 and 8 of "Who do you think you are", and the five "Bottom Live" shows (seen the first four so far : psychopathic violence, knob jokes, farts and vulgarity ; I love it ! And it's my way of paying respect to the gr"eat, late and lamented Rik Mayall).
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited August 2014 Posts: 4,043
    Twin Peaks The Entire Mystery Blu ray

As someone who has been a fan of this series since I saw it in it's original UK broadcast on BBC2 in the early 90's I can say I have owned this on VHS and also on DVD in 2 different releases more recently The Gold Box version, which I believed to be most likely the definitive statement on the series but I was wrong.

When I heard that they were actually going to do this set I was hugely excited, not only do we get 2 version of the pilot the (U.S and International) we get the whole series beautifully restored and never having looked better.

Though the clincher seems to have been for many the inclusion of the feature film prequel Fire Walk With Me plus the holy grail, over one and half hours of deleted scenes never seen before. Plus extras from the Gold Box set and more.

For me Twin Peaks gave birth to modern television, before Peaks TV was never cinematic, shows just looked cheap and lacking production values. It would take a film director to show that TV could be as good if not better than the big screen. That is a legacy that has lived on.

Yes it did go off the boil once David Lynch and Mark Frost were forced at the insistence of the network to reveal the killer of Laura Palmer but until the cat was let out the bag especially all of Season 1, Twin Peaks can stand tall amongst the very best that TV has to offer.

While it took a number of years of cheap knock off imitations eventually the legacy of TP seeped through and the people who started to make TV drama took it's influence and the likes of The X-Files, Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, The Killing (both versions) & Hannibal just to list a few owe it a debt.

I've only so far watched the U.S pilot but are looking forward to delving into the series once again, I always attribute it to revisiting an old friend, if you are a fan I would wholeheartedly recommend a purchase and for £50 it's a bargain with all you get.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 11,189
    Hannibal Season 1 on DVD.

Very good, am 3 episodes from the end. Some of the imagery is pretty twisted.
    JustPreorderd the Doctor Who 50th anniversary box set and season 10 of "Who Do You Think You Are". It might take a while to arrive in my mail box.