Tropical Heat

edited June 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 2,491
Is there someone else that know the series Tropical Heat? Did you liked it? Why?
Dont you have some feeling that it have something Bondian in it?Just a little?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2011 Posts: 13,894
    I know of the series Acapulco H.E.A.T. Might that be the series? I have the 1993 show on DVD. But I never got around to seeing all the episodes. It was sort of Baywatch crossed with Mission: Impossibe crossed with Bond. Guilty pleasure tv at it's best. :">

Oh, and Alison Armitage, where's a drool smiley when one needs it.

EDIT
    There it is. =P~
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Yes, Alison..... yummy!
  • I know both series, Acapulco H.E.A.T and Tropical Heat. I believe in some countries Tropical Heat is known as Sweating Bullets.

I've got the first season on dvd, but haven't gotten to watch all the episodes yet. It's pretty cool, but just really cheap. I don't really think it has a Bondian feel, though. More like Magnum, PI.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I love TH. Used to watch it as a kid (yes, even when it was programmed late at night ;;) ). Loved Carolyn Dunn in it. I remember there was an episode about a 'baron' playing the sax each time he killed a guy. That one used to scare me a lot. :P

No, not Bondian - not even remotely. However it does feature Pedro Armendariz Jr...
    I have the complete show on dvd, region free I believe. Great titlesong and a pretty decent cast. All more or less in a similar style to Magnum PI. Great latenight show coming home from a late shift and watching it before hitting the hey.