Lines taken from a Bond film

edited May 2014 in General Movies & TV Posts: 6,432
Watched the Wolverine still not sure what to make of it, though in one scene Wolverine says 'I didn't know there was a pool down there' Either a rip of or a homage probably the latter. Does anyone know any other movies when a line from a Bond movie has been used?

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm planning on using some in my movie. ;)
    What movie you making mate?
    Watched the Wolverine still not sure what to make of it, though in one scene Wolverine says 'I didn't know there was a pool down there' Either a rip of or a homage probably the latter. Does anyone know any other movies when a line from a Bond movie has been used?

Well, almost everyone has used the "Bond...James Bond" line in some form or fashion, as well as Goldfinger's "I expect you to die" line.
    What movie you making mate?

I'm about to start filming a Cyberpunk Vigilante revenge movie called Bruce Murdock: Agents of Illusion. The premise is that Bruce Murdock is a vigilante who goes on a war against crime in Seattle in the mid 2020's. Bruce's main target is a big time Drug and Weapons dealer named Nathan Greene who murdered Bruce's father. (An undercover cop.) Several years back. Bruce is watched by a mysterious organization called "Illusion Incorporated." They hire Bruce to become an assassin to take out their competition. Greene happens to be Illusion's biggest competitor in Seattle. Bruce takes the job and Illusion leaves the job up to him. Bruce then recruits a Hacker named Rylus who's being forced by Nathan's brother Tommy to commit cyber crimes for them. And a Small time arms dealer named Earl Jonas who Bruce knew in the Kyberian civil war. The rest is for when I finish as I don't want to spoil the most important parts of the story. I'm finally going to start filming it after almost a year of working on the script and putting up with frequent fits of writers block.

Anyway. A few lines from Bond movies I'm going to lift are. "Don't go away." and "He's been following us for the last mile." ;)
    Sounds good, setting it in Seattle creates a interesting back drop being the rainy city. writers block is usually a good thing from experience, written several books myself. If i get writers block its only because i am distracted by day to day life or the good ideas are not flowing. Always maintain any creative process is organic, it happens when it happens. Good luck with your film.
    Thank you. Seeing as I live in Ohio it's going to be very interesting to try making My landmarks into Seattle landmarks. While my movie borrows heavy inspiration from Bond and Death Wish movies, I'm hoping to create something fresh and original. :)
    Michael winners films certainly had a edge, what's your budget?
    Michael winners films certainly had a edge, what's your budget?

Pretty much nothing. I got all the supplies I need. Which most of my props are stuff I got at thrift stores. Guns are airsoft guns and Nerf guns I've painted black. I guess I've spent a little over $150 on props. But other than that. I'm just going to do it with what I got. It's going to have edge but It's not going to look cheap. I've devoted three years to developing the characters. Now it's time to cross the biggest hurdle. Making it.
    Using good filters will help, i think any upcoming film maker should look at Michael Mann movies and the consistent tone in colour he uses, serves the mood of the film well.
    Yes, I've been watching lots of noir and modern thrillers. I've watched Punisher War Zone which uses Bright colorful comic book style lighting. I'm going to apply those bright colors to this movie. I like to think the Night time scenes will have the most colors where daytime scenes will be sort of dull to reflect the sort of dystopian future Bruce lives in. I'm been toying with the idea of a plotline where government spying has gotten so out of hand that people have been resorting to using obsolete technology. As a hobby I like to collect old tech. like computers or tape recorders what have you. So I thought it would be cool to introduce an Old vs New theme too. My film is going to have a very unique visual style.
    The obsolete tech is a great idea, like cb radios etc? I used to work in a phone shop when at college you would be surprised at what people brought in, mobile phones that had a battery the size of a brief case. we are knee deep in the digital age, its good to illustrate its failings for sure.
    Yes! CB's, walky talkies, headset radio's even today's computers. ;) I've made even the newest tech obsolete since I've set the film in the 2020's. :))
    I think the key to writing is tapping into contemporary problems even if set in the future, when writing science fiction. Any good script has to be relevant.
    That's true. My story is mainly focused on the three main characters. I wanted all the main characters to be polar opposite of each other at first. Each one has a different personality. Bruce is very cynical and arrogant. Rylus is very shy and afraid. He's been bullied so badly by one of the Main villains he has PTSD. Earl is greedy. He wants cash and he'll do anything to get it. Once they all meet, you get to see inside all the characters. you see what makes them tick then they all find similarities between one another. Once all the layers are peeled back for the three of them, the make a rather perfect and dynamic team.
    Always good to have a laconic deckard or humphrey bogart type as protagonist. i think in any group of characters, one thing that often unites them though not always is survival.
    Yeah, I've always loved the Every day man protagonist. like John McClane or Paul Kersey. Bruce already knows Earl quite well. Bruce meets Rylus thanks to the villains. Since the villains are exploiting Rylus's hacking abilities to line their pockets, Bruce aims to get him away from them in a dramatic moment inspired from the doberman chase from Moonraker. But I'm afraid I'm derailing the tread talking about my movie. But if you like, we can continue the conversation in my art thread or through PM's. :)
    hey its ok, when finished will have to send it mate. Wish you all the best with your project.
    hey its ok, when finished will have to send it mate. Wish you all the best with your project.

Oh I intend too. Thanks. :)
    No worries mate
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    @Murdock Have you thought about going Kickstarter?
    00Beast wrote:
    Well, almost everyone has used the "Bond...James Bond" line in some
    There even is a trope on tvtropes: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheNameIsBondJamesBond
    Also, "Shaken, not stirred".