Moore's yell in AVTAK

2»

Comments

• Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Nevermind the Moore yell in AVTAK.... what about the extremely disgusting 'ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh' sound he makes when in the shower with Stacey ? Vert disturbing thought as to what the 2 characters were doing in that shower..... especially a 57 years old male.

See, now I've just got to watch it…
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Nevermind the Moore yell in AVTAK.... what about the extremely disgusting 'ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh' sound he makes when in the shower with Stacey ? Vert disturbing thought as to what the 2 characters were doing in that shower..... especially a 57 years old male.

See, now I've just got to watch it…

I suggest you fast-forward (00Beast ©) that scene ;-)
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 11,189

Yeah that is a bit dodgy :))

As is the "Drat...I dropped the soap, THAT is not the soap" line :-&
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    BAIN123 wrote:

Yeah that is a bit dodgy :))

As is the "Drat...I dropped the soap, THAT is not the soap" line :-&

Fair play to the bloke. I doubt there's anyone here who would be gutted to be sharing a shower with a bird Staceys age when they are nearing retirement age.

I also like Wints 'oooooooh' when Bond ties the bomb to his nads. Sounds like he's getting off on it. Presumably in private Mr Kidd used to stand over him in a gimp mask and constrict his balls with a piece of rope.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    do I really want to watch AVTAK twice in one year?
    Probably not…you'd hear me do that scream then!

+1. You have a good taste @Lancaster007 ;)

• This thread brings back good memories. I remember one summer when my brother and I were riding wave runners at my friends cottage. Being the die hard fans we are, any time we turned too fast and fell into the water, we would try to mimic the infamous Moore yell from AVTAK! Good times....
    There's more of them out there in the series than you may have realized.. =))

• PlykshowPlykshow Kent, United Kingdom
    I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd leave this here...

http://rogermooregroan.ytmnd.com/
    Plykshow wrote: »

I find it simultaneously brilliant and tragic that we live in a world where someone went to the trouble of creating that.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 1,661
    And so many videos of it too! Not just one video but a whole screen of ooh awooah! Weirdly hypnotic. 8-}
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    They also use the sound of a plane going down / diving multiple times, at least I think so. You hear the sound effect in the pts of OP and later at the end of the film when Kamal Kahn crashes. I think this sound effect is also used in the pts of GE and in FYEO when Melina's parents are killed.
    Jeffrey wrote: »
    They also use the sound of a plane going down / diving multiple times, at least I think so. You hear the sound effect in the pts of OP and later at the end of the film when Kamal Kahn crashes. I think this sound effect is also used in the pts of GE and in FYEO when Melina's parents are killed.

Possibly MR as well in the PTS but i cant remember TBH..been a while.

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Yes, I think you are right. I've noticed that stock decelerating plane sound used in the Bond films too. The John Glen films used the stock sounds a lot.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 1,469
    The way I hear Roger's grunts during fight scenes is more like an "oof" sound--"ooopff". During the ski chase in FYEO, when he skis off the bobsled track and tumbles, that's more of a high-pitched "oo!" And now for your listening enjoyment. If you're at work right now, turn this up to 11.

I always liked those yelps and groans by Sir Roger. In fact, when ever I get hurt, I try to make those same sounds in respect.
    In fairness chaps until you've taken a Transamerica Pyramid to the nads, none of us knows what noise we'd make.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I've wondered about this myself. If my last seconds were spent falling from some great height, I believe I wouldn't scream at the top of my lungs. Rather I'd more likely utter some expletive and then either enjoy the view or close my eyes out of fear before impact. I hope I never have the opportunity to test this theory.
  • PlykshowPlykshow Kent, United Kingdom

I find it simultaneously brilliant and tragic that we live in a world where someone went to the trouble of creating that.

And that someone was me :D
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Dr Mortner should be proud of his creation.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    Dragonpol wrote: »

I'm almost speechless with admiration.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Dragonpol wrote: »

I'm almost speechless with admiration.

@Plykshow must take a lot of vitamines.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Now that I have experienced the ultimate thread and link to the most awesome video I've ever seen I can die with the knowledge I have seen it all.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    edited September 2016 Posts: 1,053
    I haven't noticed this before but will be listening out for it the next time I watch.

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I actually find this expression by Moore very comforting.