George Lazenby in person at the Egyptian Theatre

edited June 2011 in News Posts: 1,497
If anyone is in the L.A. area, there is a double feature of OHMSS followed by DAF this Friday June 17th at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood including discussion with George Lazenby in person:

<url>http://www.americancinemathequecalendar.com/content/on-her-majestys-secret-service-diamonds-are-forever</url>;

Comments

• PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Looks great. OHMSS/DAF would make an interesting double feature with a Lazenby Q & A session in between. I wish that would happen near where I live.
    PrinceKamalKhan said:
    I wish that would happen near where I live.

Same here! I'd love to see a former Bond actor along with a classic double feature Bond movies! Who cares if it's the least-loved Lazenby; it's still a Bond actor, and let's be real here, but this is an opprotunity that may never come around again.
    Lazenby is far from my favourite Bond but I still like him and it would be interesting to hear his view on what happened all those years ago.

Shame I live thousands of miles away from LA :(

One tip - scrap DAF and just leave it at OHMSS. That would seem far more appropriate.
    Just got my tickets this morning! I'll have a full report back to you guys after the screening. :)
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    @JBFan626 - look forward to hearing all about it!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2011 Posts: 13,350
    I hope Lazenby is asked some genuinely interesting questions about the making of the film and not just "why did you only do one?" during this session.

I can't wait to read what you have to say and thought it was like @JBFan626 - you lucky person.
  • I'm often in LA for a week or so this season, but unfortunately I'm not lucky enough to be in the area this year. Such a shame! I love Lazenby and OHMSS, too!

Enjoy it enough for all of us, @JBFan626. I'll be there in spirit.
    Hello folks, just reporting back from Mr. Lazenby at the Egyptian. It was a great night. Bond historian Steven Jay Ruben hosted. Poor George had laryngitis, which he attributed to his 5 and 6 year old kids. But he was nonetheless in good spirits and told some pretty humorous stories. Two things are that he got laid a lot and he doesn't drink champagne or cocktails, only beer. Anyhow, I'm working on the full transcript of the Q & A and should have it posted by end of the day or early tomorrow.

Trina Parks, who played Thumper, was also in attendance for the Diamonds screening that followed.

Here's an excerpt from the Q&A:

SJR: I know that later on in your career you were involved with Bruce Lee, etc, but had you developed some martial arts training before you got into the movies?

GL: Well if you call brawling in Australian pubs martial arts…(laughter). I can take care of myself as long as I got the first hit in. I didn’t like getting hit. I was uh, stupid enough to not be afraid of anybody and I think that was one of the reasons they chose me. Because all the other guys could act and uh I seriously I didn’t have an English accent. I walked like a drunken bum from Australia Peter Hunt told me. And they took the swagger out of me and made me walk like Prince Philip…they thought. And I had voice training…had to have a palmy accent which my mother hated. She said, “Jesus son you sound like one of them bloody prisoner’s that came from England. (laughter) And so…

what (who) is SJR?
    Laz looks like funny fella it is shame he didnt got more movies i am sure that he would have shown his funny side
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Thanks for taking the time to get together and give us a transcript @JBFan626. I look to forward to the rest if the excerpt is anything to go by!