Dramatic Scene of QoS Reenactment

edited March 2014 in Fan Creations Posts: 1,280
Apparently there's a couple of different folks on You Tube who've paid tribute to QoS in some way or another. I produced this just recently. All of the folks who you see are professional actors.

I encourage you to pay tribute to your favorite scenes if you can too.

Comments

• This was our first attempt. There will be some improvements on the second time. Any suggestions for editing this better?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Personally I'd have graded it slightly harsher, the QOS scene was lit almost in a minimalist way so the colours were slightly more drained and focused on the browns and oranges. There's a couple of inconsistencies with lighting between your close ups and wide shots, so if you desaturate the film slightly it might become less noticeable. Obviously don't make it black and white though.

As Corinne leaves the room, don't cut to the wide as she goes out the door. Unless you have a second wide with Bond in the foreground as she leaves. The wide you have there is a bit empty, whereas the close up holds on your actress' face which is much more interesting, I think.

That aside, nicely done.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 1,280
    Thank you CraigeMooreOHMSS, I actually had my editor desaturate the scene for the next cut to set the dark tone better. There's another cut on his youtube account but it's not saturated enough and the sound quality isn't that good. We may have to reshoot all together.

I purposely had Corrine say "thank you" more exclusively here in this scene because I wanted to emphasize her outcome towards Bond's action as part of the solace he finds in confronting Yusef. I'll see if a wide can be incorporated for Bond similar to the film.

Since I'm producer, I'll also have an improved scene from where Bond talks to M at the end should we all get back together to re-film.

Did you not have another such thread with other people re-enacting a part of QoB??

Just out of curiosity will you open a new thread with each new attempt??

Please don't. ;)
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 1,280
    I'll think about it, now that you mention it. I was just very excited to get it out here, so I see you could blame me for that. Thanks @saintmark
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I think he was sarcastic :P

Anyway, cool job.
  • Walecs wrote:
    Anyway, cool job.

Thanks bro.
  • This is seriously a great actor as Bond is better than Craig. Did you know that right?
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I think you pretty much got it spot on! Well done!
    QoS really does have some superb scenes, and this is one of my favourite.
  • I think you pretty much got it spot on! Well done!
    QoS really does have some superb scenes, and this is one of my favourite.

Thank you.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited March 2014 Posts: 17,804
    That was actually very good. Well done! I'm going to share that on my Twitter account to give it a bit more promotion! I would encourage others to do the same.
  • Dragonpol wrote:
    That was actually very good. Well done! I'm going to share that on my Twitter account to give it a bit more promotion! I would encourage others to do the same.

Thanks Dragonpol!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dragonpol wrote:

Thanks Dragonpol!

My pleasure.
  • Were the set pieces Yusef-y enough?

In my version, Vesper is Asian as given by the necklace.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 28
    Were the set pieces Yusef-y enough?

In my version, Vesper is Asian as given by the necklace.

the set pieces were not Yusefy enough for me, sorry. Good editing for the most part, we have a modern day Peter Hunt on our hands.
  • Thanks Tilly. The editing was all done by a professional who is really good at what he does.
  • JoleAron's discussion on music has gotten me to think about the need to maybe use some different music for the scene I want to do where Mathis gets dumped in the rubbish bin. After using the Vesper theme chords, I want to use Water Shape by Monocular. That whole "Bury me, bury me, bury me deep..." brings out the emotion of Bond on how his quest for solace came at the price of losing. Mathis yet he manages to be detached. It's just like how 00Brady mentioned, Bond isn't the one who is lost as much as MI6 all along.
  • GalaxyGalaxy Prague
    Where did you get these actors from? Immense intensity.
  • Since you reenacting it, I would have loved to see what came next ! Still have not a clue what Bond and the guy have been talking about that made Bond feel at ease.
  • Galaxy wrote: »
    Where did you get these actors from? Immense intensity.

Thank you. One of them reenacted a scene from QoS which I saw and offered to direct this scene. It's great to see a lot of people liking QoS' drama. I searched for the actors who wanted some experience with help.

@Ytterbium, Bond was more at ease when Corrine says "Thank you" as he has stopped a honey-trapping with Mr. White from happening.

• Will certainly miss David Arnold's more elaborate style of scoring built around the film instead of this Thomas Newman's Hans Zimmer simplistic cloning style but I'm just glad Jesper's back at least.
  • Here's someone else's dramatic scene of QoS reenactment worth sharing.

• If you ever try to reenact a scene, please don't do scenes like the one where Roger Moore kicks a car off a cliff with some a--hole or anyone else inside.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,280
    Ytterbium wrote: »
    Since you reenacting it, I would have loved to see what came next ! Still have not a clue what Bond and the guy have been talking about that made Bond feel at ease.

Actually there should be a reenactment of the following scene. You're right. Even if it's summer, I'll use fake snow in the background. Let's see if I'm not compelled by incorporating more original elements too.

I was thinking about filming Mathis' last scene but with a different song. I'd have the song edited below to begin at the pickup part that sings "bury me, bury me, bury me deep"...like a memorial to Mathis but the Vesper theme is always good to hear. It'd be a cool song to play in DC's last Bond film whenever that time comes.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fxr5bkoAFo
    that was really cool and it was the first time I have seen anything like that.
  • that was really cool and it was the first time I have seen anything like that.

You should try some sort of tribute to your favorite part in the series. It can be through any avenue of art (like drawings etc...). What would you do?

• edited January 2015 Posts: 1,280
    Vesper's death can speak so closely to fans. It's symbolic of breakups that have a lack of proper "closure" by way of someone who masters the Disappearing Act.

Think of the 8-year gap between the Fast and the Furious and its true sequels which tied up loose ends better. The franchise got popular not because of the first two unrelated sequels which were carelessly made but because of the continuation of story about the friendship between the anti-hero and protagonist.

Or like the movie Point Break...the villain died at the end although ambiguous, but since the actor who portrayed him died in real life, the only option was to remake the movie if the possibility of continuing the story was ever going to come to fruition.

SO this scene recreated speaks many volumes. Just producing it was helping me come to acceptance of the fact that things weren't going to be the same way again and that I'd have to deal with it. My actors really knew what they were doing. Funny how there was a promotional billboard for Skyfall overhead the building we used for filming.

• So glad this next movie will have more connections to QoS as well as SF...Btw, I forgot to add an actual hallway door as seen in the official movie's scene...you know that blurry glass door...I'll make a drawing to fill that part in, lol
  • OK folks, let's think about what's missing from the scene. I owe viewers a door photo shot missing from the QoS reenactment.

Here's the door. Unfortunately, Bond got so mad at Yusef by the time that the guards came to take him away that the door was deemed useless. Now it's in a dump but it's made it here. Better late then never. Here you go...Maybe it's being used by Mr. White where he's hiding in the SP teaser but that's not confirmed, so we won't go there.

http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/view-image.php?image=102030&picture=door&large=1
  • Everyone,

I recently stayed at a hotel that reminded me a lot of Quantum of Solace. The bathroom in particular reminded me of QOS. Check out the grey/silver/black and white style of a "modern look at post-modernism" as Marc Forster would describe. The room doesn't come with an oily Strawberry Fields.

http://www.kayak.com/hotels/Hotel-Manoir-Victoria,Quebec-c14398-h11567-details/2015-11-20/2015-11-29/2guests/#photos