Flight MH370

2»

Comments

• RC7RC7
    00Beast wrote:
    I'm still under the assumption that there was a terrorist hijacking involved- since the cause of the plane's course deviation is unknown, I'd vouch to say that there was foul play on board. There were Americans on board, after all.

Nothing like a good old sweeping statement to start the week.
    Lets just hope they get the black box asap.
    The black box beacon lasts for 30 days so fingers crossed.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited March 2014 Posts: 17,729
    00Beast wrote:
    I'm still under the assumption that there was a terrorist hijacking involved- since the cause of the plane's course deviation is unknown, I'd vouch to say that there was foul play on board. There were Americans on board, after all.

Yes, probably, though there have been so many different theories put forward in the drip-feeding of the media information that I must confess I am rather confused by the whole episode. Still, when the plane is eventually recovered as seems increasingly likely, perhaps there will be some concrete clarifications on what actually happened to Flight MH370. Until then, it seems to me at least that it's really anyone's guess.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Dragonpol wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

Yes, probably, though there have been so many different theories put forward in the drip-feeding of the media information that I must confess I an rather confused by the whole episode. Still, when the plane is eventually recovered as seems increasingly likely, perhaps there will be some concrete clarifications on what actually happened to Flight MH370. Until then, it seems to me at least that it's really anyone's guess.

I wouldn't bet on it. It's been 16 days now or so since the plane went down. Which means the wreckage found would be far off (as it floats) from the actual crash site. The place of the bigger wreckage is then hard to find for even with the currents known, you have undercurrents, which means the wreckage will be spread over a huge area, depending on the speed of the currents, the floatablillity, and depth of the ocean there. Finding the black box will be extremely difficult.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

Yes, probably, though there have been so many different theories put forward in the drip-feeding of the media information that I must confess I an rather confused by the whole episode. Still, when the plane is eventually recovered as seems increasingly likely, perhaps there will be some concrete clarifications on what actually happened to Flight MH370. Until then, it seems to me at least that it's really anyone's guess.

Quite true, I mean anyone's guess is as good as another until the mystery is solved. I just don't like how unwilling people are to discuss such a possibility, as if the mere mention of terrorism is "offensive". It's a very realistic possibility, especially in this day in age.
    The black box will be found eventually,dont forget the Air France sea crash a while back,it took 2 years to sort it all out but they still got the black box eventually.

Fingers crossed they can get it before the black box beacon expires after 30 days.
    I've thought from the beginning that the plain was flown to Afghanistan or Pakistan and once this story blows over in a few months, they'll fill it with TNT or a dirty bomb and fly it into a building somewhere...
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 11,189
    I've always thought the plane was in the sea somewhere sadly. If it was flown elsewhere on land surely somebody would have tracked it/seen it. An aeroplane of that size isn't exactly difficult to miss.

Although things are still to be confirmed it isn't looking hopeful :(
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    barryt007 wrote:
    The black box will be found eventually,dont forget the Air France sea crash a while back,it took 2 years to sort it all out but they still got the black box eventually.

Fingers crossed they can get it before the black box beacon expires after 30 days.
    Perhaps, but that was one lucky find. You can't expect those things to happen every time. I hope so, don't get me wrong. But proffessionaly I know how hard this is going to be...
    Awful but not unexpected news sadly. I have no idea what those poor people went through? But it is frightening to even imagine it.

RIP.
    Indeed besides all theories we all forget the human loss.

REST IN PEACE.
    SaintMark wrote:
    Indeed besides all theories we all forget the human loss.

REST IN PEACE.

Very true; we'll have to remember to keep those affected families in our prayers.