What happened to Flicka von Grusse?

edited June 2011 in Literary 007 Posts: 17
It's been a while and I can't remember...what happened to Flicka von Grusse, who Bond meets in Gardner's "Never Send Flowers" and continues with in "Seafire"? Does she die in the next novel COLD? Did Bond marry her?

Comments

She's dead, Jim. More precisely, in COLD, she dies from the injuries and tortures she suffered in Seafire.
    I felt a little sad when this happened. If only Bond had done things differently in Seafire...
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Didnt she wind up on a life support machine and Bond had to turn it off - or something?

Cant really remember as I only read Seafire and Cold once. I'm a big fan of the first half dozen Gardners but by this stage the well of inspiration had long since run dry.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    She died the very moment Gardner decided to retire.
    In fact, she died the night Bond became "reacquainted" with Beatrice, his former flame from Win, Lose or Die.
  • I always had the feeling Gardner wrote COLD so nobody could play with his toys. It's been a while since I've read it, but I believe he kills of every recurring character he had created. I remember I read it on vacation in Spain, and it really depressed me for a while :P
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    COLD (since I live in the US, and thus my copy says "Cold Fall", I usually call it that) was my favorite of the latter half of Gardner's books. I was never depressed when reading it (though I did find it's conclusion very unsatisfying).
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    COLD (since I live in the US, and thus my copy says "Cold Fall", I usually call it that) was my favorite of the latter half of Gardner's books. I was never depressed when reading it (though I did find it's conclusion very unsatisfying).

Yes, Gardner went out on a high, I'm very glad to say.