Only Myself To Blame

edited June 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 406
Was listening to the TWINE soundtrack today and was wondering why this wasn't used over the credits instead of the remix bond theme? and when it wasn't used in the film why was it put on soundtrack?

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Well, most used or unused music related to a film is included on a soundtrack just for compilation's sake, as for why Only Myself To Blame was replaced, sorry I've got no idea. There is nothing on MI6 about it either, only that a remix of the James Bond theme was prefered. But by whom?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I think it was considered a bit softcore for a Bond film to end with. Remember, even in TSWLM they ended with (for the first few seconds) a faster rhythm. ;;) FRWL, FYEO, OP, LTK and GE stuck with the ballads but even MR boosted up the musical pacing. That said, I have no clue, I guess they wanted more Bond for the end titles and less Arnold. They found something in the middle.

• I was quite shocked when I first heard the track...it sounded like a lounge singer doing a cover of someone else's song. I think that it just sounded too "un-Bond" and far too jazzy and slow compared to what people expect from "Bond songs" (even the ones over the closing credits).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    No end titles song could redeem 2 hours of TWINE horror...
  • Have just been listening to the TWINE soundtrack this week and I'd forgotten how poor the song actually is - its probably the only part of TWINE that they actually got right.