The 3-D Thread

edited June 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 1,856
Nothing to do with if bond 23 was in 3-D just general discussions about 3-d headaches, Loves and shoving drinks at the screen

ENJOY

Comments

• j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited June 2011 Posts: 823
    except for Avatar and Transformers 2, 3D movies are a waste.

like the last Resident Evil film was in 3D but who wants to pay extra money to see a mace or a pair of sunglasses flying at you?

The next movie I will pay to see in 3D will be Transformers 3 on IMAX 3D!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I can't stand 3-D.

There. That's it, I have nothing more to say and hope this trend dies out soon.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Yes, I can't stand 3-D as well... Especially for movies like "The Last Fassbender" and "Clash of the Titans" which had non-existant 3-D !!
    hm once i asked on this forum but i will ask again what is imax? it is some american style of HD?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • 3D is horrible, it makes me dizzy and it becomes almost unwatchable after an hour.

Even a film like ToyStory3 (given that it is entirely animated content and should be able to use 3D effects the best) didn't convince me.
  • I think 3D is like anything else - used properly it can enhance a film. If it's just a gimmick, why bother (that's assuming filmmakers can override the wishes of the cost/benefit analysists working for the studio)?

Best use of 3D I've ever seen was Coraline - it really enhanced the "world" of the film and made the stop-motion animation look even more surreal. Very glad I didn't see it in 2D.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    3D belongs in a theme park.

I'm talking to you, Mister Cameron!
    And the worse thing is that the masses seem to love this 3-D gimmickery... I was the only one complaining after seeing Avatar... Such disagreement with the managers and clients made me give my resignation and I went to work in multiplex in another city. Much better audience and staff where I work now, I must say.
    I Always say to some one that 3-d may one day take over in 10 years
    A.) Didn't they say that in 1953
    B.) Pride and predigest in 3-d, Indi V in III-D, Bond 23d doesn't work dose it
    I personally hate 3-D movies this day in age. Nothing pops out at you like the old-school 3-D, it's a waste of money, and all it does is make the movie more hi-definition. If I wanted hi-def, I could wait for the movie to come out on On Demand, and rent it for a considerably lower price.
    Just Read 3-d doesn't work on 10% of people

THIS SOURCE IS RELIABLE
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 1,856
    Just write it here 'cuse i can't find an avatar thread.

Ever want to go though the pandora forests? Of corse you DON'T but now you can..

Opening at Disney World Avatar-land. Just over at a Disney Park forum they are NOT happy....
    ----EDIT----
    Just found this at aforementioned forum

http://fireworksland.com/misc/original.jpg
  • Surely 3D is purely a gimmick and should be used as one, I don't see the need for regular films to be shown in 3D, I watched Toy Story 3 and so much of the colour was lost because of the 3D.

Stupid films made purely to be shown in 3D such as horror films with blood and guts flying out of the screen and other novelty films without any plot seems like the only use of this that would be neccesary just for a bit of a laugh at the cinema but personally I am not that bothered about seing the depth and texture of a CGI flower as in Avatar!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Went to see Grene Lantern in 3D and found it hardly imressive. Film and 3D. Read somewhere in a Dutch article that the main problem with 3D is, that we're too used to it. We see everything in 3D. I didn't understand until I saw the movie.
    So, first your eyes have to learn to focus though those glasses. Then, you recognise the fact that what you see on screen is 3D, and a couple of minutes later you've forgotten about that, becouse it isn't special at all, seeing in 3D.

The only scenes that impressed me were the ones out in space. That was spectacular. But not worth sitting so long with those stupid glasses for.
    loved Avatar in 3D.

By now most movies are presented in 3D, Conan was actually quite enjoyable in 3D. Looking forward to Avatar 2 but first Ridley Scot's next movie in 3D.

Don't mind 3D as such.