Bond Girl Friday's

Comments

• SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited August 2023 Posts: 3,390
    I'm afraid I'm far more picky than that, Dr. Goodhead does nothing for me at all, neither does Pam Bouvier. I'd definately go for golddigger Talisa even though her love would be as platonic as can be.

I agree about Pam Bouvier (Carey Lowell), she just looked ordinary (her short hair didn't helped her either), yes, Talisa Soto really outshined her when it comes to beauty, I've seen some BTS from Licence To Kill, and Lowell just looked okay.
    Talisa Soto was more beautiful, even now, she's still looking beautiful despite of age.

I may add Olga Kurylenko (Camille Montes) as well, nothing stands out about her looks either (also the tanning of her skin and that hairstyle didn't helped), Gemma Arterton outshined her too, more good looking than Kurylenko, now in this case, the film really made Kurylenko unattractive, QoS never gave her any justice.

But I disagree about Dr. Goodhead (Lois Chiles), I think Dr. Goodhead was pretty (I liked Chiles' eyes and her hair).
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    edited August 2023 Posts: 735
    The pantheon of absolute hotties ...

1960s: Ursula, Daniella, Tania Mallet, Claudine, Akiko ...

1970s: Jane, Caroline Munro, Corinne Cléry ...

1980s: err... ?? Maybe it was the hair. Ok, Talisa Soto

1990s: Izabella, Famke, Sophie ...

2000s: Caterina, Olga, Bérénice, Ana

Only one rule: Americans (and Canadians, not that there have been any except Miss Moneypenny herself) should ever be Bond Girls, just not exotic enough ...

Blind spots: Carole Bouquet, Maude Adams, and most of all, Maryam D'Abo ...
    Deleted
    Oh, I see ... wrong thread.

I'd delete mine if I could ...
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Feyador wrote: »
    Oh, I see ... wrong thread.

I'd delete mine if I could ...

Never mind ,we're here to enjoy the female beauty anyway, so a little discussion on who's your favorite for the pictures here doesn't hurt anyone. Isn't it stipp/ again friday somewhere in the universe?

claudine-auger-bond-girl.jpg?w=411&h=&zoom=2
    Which of the Bond women (characters, not the actresses), after the lovemaking, would prove most interesting?
    CrabKey wrote: »
    Which of the Bond women (characters, not the actresses), after the lovemaking, would prove most interesting?

If we're going to include those that have died, then Tracy would've probably be my no. 1, of course, she did got better after the lovemaking 😁.
    If a longterm romance, and I'm Bond's age in GoldenEye, then it would be Natalya.

I think I'd be most attracted to her ... in the round, as it were. Passionate, smart, opinionated, very strong-willed ... we'd have a lot of fun and I'd never tire of that accent - nor the disapproving frown, at least before the inevitable break up.

Plus, however unfashionable these days, she'd be my best bet for endless discussions of Soviet-era filmmakers and 19th Century Russian literature, et al.

And that she would handle all the tech stuff is just a bonus.
    @Feyador Hmmm .... define interesting?

Bond's women tend to be presented as sex objects. After the sex, then what? Companionship? Conversation? Hobbies? Are they artistic? And what about Bond himself? What has he to offer?
    @Feyador Hmmm .... define interesting?

Bond's women tend to be presented as sex objects. After the sex, then what? Companionship? Conversation? Hobbies? Are they artistic? And what about Bond himself? What has he to offer?

See above ... edited.
    Resolute, resilient and resourseful too ...

But what would Bond bring to a relationship?

Probably not much beyond wining and dining her over a six month sex-happy romance involving lots of far away lands ... [is he really on a gov't salary?]

Natalya recognizes he's not capable of domesticity [but then neither are most Bond Girls] ... a stay at home dad, forget it. Only LALD suggests a semi-normal domestic life, and even that's a bachelor pad if there ever was one. And of course, SF makes a point of just how empty for Bond such a life really is ....

FRWL notwithstanding, until NTTD, every new Bond film begins with a new relationship or set of such. Such a cad! What ever happened to the woman in his arms at the end of the last film ... well, I think we know. Prosaic reality has intruded and called an end to it - or maybe through mutual boredom. "It's been fun, James, but ..."

This is part of Bond's fantasy appeal but it's also his more prosaic tragedy, which Craig recognized and tried to address.

And to be honest, if it were Blofeld/Bunt who carried out the hit that killed Tracy in OHMSS, they only did so, figuratively speaking, under the orders of Fleming, Broccoli and Saltzman who understood the contradictions in Bond's character and core appeal. There's no way that relationship was going to end in anything but divorce or suicide. "A future," she says - but only Lazenby's callowness-in-love makes that even remotely believable. Much the same could be said of Bond and Vesper in CR.

I though agree with Bond Girls as sex objects with the possible exception of maybe two (Vesper and Tracy).
    The Bond Girl that could be proved interesting after sex are those that have the same interests as Bond himself, in short words, his match, and so far, I don't know.

The thing is very few Bond Girls could match Bond's interest and his world (but not the both of worlds):

A.) Some Bond Girls adapt Bond's world of danger, they're adventurous and brave and they're used to live the life like Bond does.

B.) And some Bond Girls shared the same interests as him, like in drinking, in gambling, in enjoying fine luxuries.

C.) Or some Bond Girls shared the same attitude as him.

And I may argue, only Tracy possessed all of what's written above, she's a reckless driver as Bond himself, adventurous, brave and used to be in danger (mainly because of her father who's a criminal mastermind), she's also a gambler, she knows fine luxuries, she also had the same attitude as Bond himself, in short, she matched Bond's in world/life, in attitude, and in interests.

But the question still lies: is this woman truly loves Bond? Genuinely? Authentically? Would she take care of Bond? Are these women sincere of Bond?

This is also one of my questions before: had there ever been a Bond Girl that truly loves Bond? Because the majority of Bond Girls just looked at Bond as a fulfillment of their lust, they only want Bond for sex, some may even wanted to kill him (the femme fatales), but those that genuinely/sincerely loves him? Who are those? Those that really cared for Bond? Thinking about his well being? Caring for him? Being responsible?

Maybe there would be a Bond Girl who would heal Bond's injuries and wounds, a Bond Girl who would makes Bond laugh (for the first time), a Bond Girl whose prepared to sacrifice herself because she loves Bond so much, and would take care of him, a Bond Girl whose love for Bond is real.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    edited August 2023 Posts: 2,513

That's a great question. For me Natalya, intelligent gorgeous and a fun sense of humour. Tracy would probably fit that as well and of course Christmas Jones, nuclear physicist
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited August 2023 Posts: 2,928
    Bond was absolutely fine with commitment-free, casual encounters - it was when he fell in love that he got messed up. Lesson there... ;)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Jordo007 wrote: »

That's a great question. For me Natalya, intelligent gorgeous and a fun sense of humour. Tracy would probably fit that as well and of course Christmas Jones, nuclear physicist

So, is this question from Bond's perspective? Or our own? It'll make a huge difference. Bond's best match was Finoa Volpe no doubt, but, well, she stayed on the 'wrong' side.

If it was for me, I'd go for Christmas Jones. Beeing a nerd myself..
    Venutius wrote: »
    Bond was absolutely fine with commitment-free, casual encounters - it was when he fell in love that he got messed up. Lesson there... ;)

Then at the end of the day you find yourself alone on your respledent retirement estate in Jamaica, scanning the fan forums in your name, twiddling your thumbs, and hanging out in bars with dubious characters whilst trying to pick up disapproving locals half your age.

Hell, you may even get in bed with the CIA again.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 2,928
    Although the lure of domesticity with a steady partner and a kid could result in a missile to the face... ;)
    Bond could've lived with his family in peace if not for Blofeld and Bond's stupidity (in short, his trust issues).
    If he didn't dumped Madeleine at the start of the film, there's a possibility that he could experience that domestic, family life with Madeleine.
    Can we get back to the sexy pics please?
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Yes, I think this is getting off the tracks.....
    We could proceed in here: https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/2133/the-bond-girls-thread#latest
    Mathis1 wrote: »

31b808_6ce3df54d47f40da8b5e24c965918c0d~mv2_d_1417_1939_s_2.jpg
    31b808_fd07ae020b2c4ffc8ec11deff9506593~mv2.jpeg

With pleasure @mathis1 with pleasure
    eva-fucking-green-eva-green-37032793-160-350.png
    31b808_d386d44a1faa4676a62d92d3403cf121~mv2_d_1417_1817_s_2.jpg
    31b808_aa761296d2c94906a83c0df6262e0646~mv2_d_1417_1943_s_2.jpg
    d181b388548fb1a307c1312b8d2966d8.jpg
    31b808_1b39550f05f34410b30a785796b5b6f5~mv2.jpg
    31b808_54c74a9fcfc04f179fcfaad9ceaf31e1~mv2.jpg
    edited September 2023 Posts: 2,928
    Hey, Eva, how about we... nah, thought not.

eva-green-sexy.gif
    tumblr_pmbkftv94v1wg78ifo4_400.gif
    tumblr_peyhz3fU5b1s12hlbo3_540.gif
    th9u9hwotap51.jpg
    What if I make a thread about the Bond Villain Actors? A Bond Villain Mondays?
    Posting pictures of the Bond villain actors? What do you think guys? Because we have this Bond Girl Fridays? What if I create a thread like this for the actors who played villains?
    That’d be cool. Mondays are right for it.